• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bigger fuck up: Losing Barry or losing Suh?

Which fuck up is worse?

• Barry

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Suh

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Equally fucked

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins passed on him and the Chargers let him go because he was severely injured.

He wasn't a premium free agent. He was formerly a great QB who was now damaged goods. Suh will be a premium free agent who several teams look at, not just a couple.

SD never tried to resign Brees. The Lions have been trying to sign a perfectly healthy Suh for months.

It's not the same thing at all.

Drew Brees passed over by Dolphins: The storyline that won?t go away - The Phinsider

Saban finally admits messing up on Drew Brees | Miami Dolphins In Depth

Nick Saban: Miami Dolphins docs flunked Drew Brees - NFL.com

Saints quarterback Drew Brees: Miami Dolphins doctors said I had 25 percent chance of playing again | The Daily Dolphin

can't you just admit that you were wrong? You were wrong. Own it and move on.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't you just admit that you were wrong? You were wrong. Own it and move on.

While I am with you on the fact he is wrong, top players change teams in their prime, as Mario Williams left Houston and signed a contract making him the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.

He is right in regards to Drew Brees. Brees was nowhere near the QB he is when he left SD. He had never thrown for more than 3575 yards. His last year with SD, he had 24 TDs and 15 interceptions. Teams weren't lining up to throw money at Brees. The Saints struck gold, as he was the perfect fit for the type of offense they run.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is right in regards to Drew Brees. Brees was nowhere near the QB he is when he left SD. He had never thrown for more than 3575 yards. His last year with SD, he had 24 TDs and 15 interceptions. Teams weren't lining up to throw money at Brees. The Saints struck gold, as he was the perfect fit for the type of offense they run.
of course he wasn't the QB he is now, but N.O. helped him become better(along with rule changes). In '05 he was only about 500 yds lower than the leader (Brady with 4100) and tied for 4th in td passes. The writing was on the wall with him and teams knew it. '05 wasn't like the past few years. Defenses could still touch receivers and QBs. It wasn't until about '06/'07 when the league started changing to an offense first league. I believe that was right after Palmer got his knee blown up in the playoffs.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course he wasn't the QB he is now, but N.O. helped him become better(along with rule changes). In '05 he was only about 500 yds lower than the leader (Brady with 4100) and tied for 4th in td passes. The writing was on the wall with him and teams knew it. '05 wasn't like the past few years. Defenses could still touch receivers and QBs. It wasn't until about '06/'07 when the league started changing to an offense first league. I believe that was right after Palmer got his knee blown up in the playoffs.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree. IMO, if the writing was on the wall and teams knew Brees was going to be even a top 10 QB, let alone what he has turned into -- There would have been a bidding war to sign him.

Hell -- SD with Brees on the roster -- Spent the #4 pick to draft Philip Rivers in 2004 and then let Brees leave to NO after the 2005 season.

Either way -- it isn't a big deal.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100% right about Brees. Period.

But I don't agree that Mario is comparable to Suh. He had injury problems too. He only played 5 games his last year as a Texan and ended the year before that on IR which is why they didn't try to keep him. The Lions are trying to keep Suh and he's not coming off any injuries like Brees or Mario were.

Fact remains, players of Suh's caliber simply do not hit FA. It's as rare as rare can be, and only a staff full of life losers like Mayhew and friends can pull it off in today's NFL.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

Some people just refuse to accept reality. It makes them feel better to reject it and substitute their own.

Facts is facts, though, and when 99% of the people involved think someone is wrong, then they're wrong, even if they do make strong assertive statements to try to reassure themselves otherwise... period.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 team pursued Brees and that was the Saints. No one else tried to sign him including the Chargers. The Lions are still trying to sign Suh. Not the same thing at all.

Don't care what you hillbillies say. Means nothing.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're all pre-banned anyways. Can't wait for my mod powers kick back in and I can finally send you nerds back to CBS.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're all pre-banned anyways. Can't wait for my mod powers kick back in and I can finally send you nerds back to CBS.

Bands will make you dance.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's inevitable.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100% right about Brees. Period.

But I don't agree that Mario is comparable to Suh. He had injury problems too. He only played 5 games his last year as a Texan and ended the year before that on IR which is why they didn't try to keep him. The Lions are trying to keep Suh and he's not coming off any injuries like Brees or Mario were.

Fact remains, players of Suh's caliber simply do not hit FA. It's as rare as rare can be, and only a staff full of life losers like Mayhew and friends can pull it off in today's NFL.

Sorry, 0% right again. Come on, be an adult and amend "guys like this never hit FA" to "guys like Suh very rarely hit FA". I'm trying to be civil about this but there's really only one personality type that can never admit a mistake.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Swarm on this one. I'm not saying that players of Suh's caliber 'never' hit free agency, but none of the guys mentioned come close to falling in Suh's class.

Brees seems to be the one most mentioned, but a QB coming off a serious throwing shoulder injury isn't getting it. If Suh had battled injuries the last two years like Mario before he hit free agency, I'd be wanting to take a wait and see attitude, but the guy's a block of granite.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, 0% right again. Come on, be an adult and amend "guys like this never hit FA" to "guys like Suh very rarely hit FA". I'm trying to be civil about this but there's really only one personality type that can never admit a mistake.

That's always been my stance Max. Sorry I haven't thrown an 'almost' in there for you compulsive obsessive types obsessed with my every word.

My very first mention of it page 5 maybe you missed it.

Guys like Suh almost never reach the open market after their first contract. Who was the last guy on his level to jet from the team who drafted him the first chance he could? It happens when players get old, not when their in their prime.

It's just fans talking man. Chill out. Never, almost never what's the big deal man. Means the same thing. Its rare. Get past it.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What pisses me off about Suh the most is just the kind of guy he appears to be- a self-absorbed dick.

There's nothing wring with him wanting to cash in and push his brand into a bigger market, but it still sucks for us to have to lose him because of it.

He's incredibly talented and is an absolute asset on the field, I just wish he was a better person as well. I'm not saying he's a horrible person, or anything like that, but I think it's pretty obvious that he's a total asshole on a personal level.

I just wish he was one of those "all heart" guys who wants to put the defense on his back and win against all odds, but that's just the fan in me. Realistically we're talking about a difference of tens of millions of dollars in endorsement $$ if he gets to a NY, Texas, or Cali market, so it's hard to fault him there.

Just have to separate the two brains on this one- my Lions fan brain is going to turn on him in a hot second as soon as he's a former Lion, but my realistic brain understands that he's looking at a substantial financial difference going elsewhere.

Besides wanting to be paid, how is suh a self absorbed dick? If you are one of the best teachers in your district wouldnt you want to be paid more? Knowing how the lions handle negoiations Im of the mindset they made some stupidy ridiculously low offer to suh and he found it disrespectful. The lions have clearly fucked their salary cap situation and now their only hope is that suh takes a basement bargain deal, why would he? They havent shown at all they are contenders, and they dont want to pay him. i would leave as well.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually miss bslegend, he was dumb as shit but was fun to laugh at.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides wanting to be paid, how is suh a self absorbed dick?
Just his attitude in general off the field. The way he carries himself, the way he interacts with others off camera.

It doesn't effect his play at all, so it's a non-factor, though.

Knowing how the lions handle negoiations Im of the mindset they made some stupidy ridiculously low offer to suh and he found it disrespectful.
I doubt that, but that's just my $.02. I think they made a competitive offer, but I think Suh is dead-set on testing free agency to see whats out there for him. He has no affiliation with Detroit other than being drafted here, so why wouldn't he want to see where else wants his services?

The lions have clearly fucked their salary cap situation and now their only hope is that suh takes a basement bargain deal, why would he?
With the future cap growth we have the $$ to sign him, it's not about that in this case.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's always been my stance Max. Sorry I haven't thrown an 'almost' in there for you compulsive obsessive types obsessed with my every word.

My very first mention of it page 5 maybe you missed it.

It's just fans talking man. Chill out. Never, almost never what's the big deal man. Means the same thing. Its rare. Get past it.

Well, if we're going to be insulting, then fine. You're still a douchebag.