• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: BEARS AT VIKINGS 8:15 PM

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's dumb af. POLES isn't going anywhere. He's actually done a masterful job. We have a number 1-2 pick in our pocket, a talented young roster and a fuckton of money. Falling to a max of no. 10, while building confidence in a talented young roster is not a bad thing at all.

I think Eberflus and Getsy need to go, and unfortunately, I think Fields has got to go too. He just doesn't process and trust enough.

Top 1 or 2 pick, plus a likely top ten pick, with a bunch of money still...

Jaylon Johnson may be the best young corner in the game...Gordon may be the best young Nickel in the game...Brisker, one of the best young Safeties in the game. Edwards, is the top tackler in the NFL currently. Sweat added to the d-line, with money and draft capital coming.

Great running game already...couple a young studs on the o-line...prime DJ Moore.

Get a QB and and an O coordinator that doesn't have a one inch dick, and they seem like they are trending up.

I know...it seems like a weird take, but I like where they are, everywhere but QB and OC.
Bears future is terrifying for the division pending how this next offseason goes. I don't love Fields, but a quality OC and another top tier weapon to pair with Moore who knows what he could become. Or if they move on and go with one of the top 2 from this draft. So many options that all starts with fixing coaching first.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Bears still don't have a lot of weapons on offense. They don't have a consistent #2 receiver. Mooney has 25 catches. Or a #1 RB. Fields leads them in rushing yards.

Let's not act like he has Philly's weapons.
1) He would waste Philly's weapons.

2) Mooney is good. Moore is really good. Kmet is a legit TE. I don't need to hype up the Bears anymore, they can't do shit with a shit QB. Their most worthless position player is their quarterback.

3) He threw for 8 TDs in back to back games against wretched defenses and has done little else all year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny has a good defense.

He has 12 passing TD's to 6 picks. Having his best season as evident by his career high PR.
Wow he's better than his shittier self!

Truly, incredible.

Never has such an awful QB had so many dick swingers.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many options that all starts with fixing coaching first.
BOLD THE ABOVE (twice)

Chicago challenges for most disfuctional organisation in sports WAY more years than not.

watch um hire Rivera once the skins kick him to the curb.

Free Fields...draft your next Bobby Douglas.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and another thing.
The Vikings have one of the better young NFL coaches???

ok...everyone calls time out and gets flagged for 12 on the field.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a bad feeling about this one.

At home against one of the worst teams in the league. But turnovers are the great equalizer and Dobbs has looked shaky in that regard since getting here.

Darts-Bullseye.gif

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's fine to not trust your qb to do the kind of things you would like them to (see Cleveland now) but as with the Browns they are at least trying to be mildly vertical and neither of those guys are on Fields level even. As an OC i certainly don't want to set my D up for failure but I also want to show my value as a play designer. He's basically saying I have nothing in my toolbox that can help Justin (as Justin goes 3 for 5 on 10 plus yard throws today).

I'm watching really bad qb play every week as a Browns fan so certainly excuse me for thinking we'd be light years better right now with Fields back there. But this isn't just Cleveland...it's about 10 other teams right now including Minnesota (despite Dobbs nice start he's falling back to who he is)
Backups playing on account of others being hurt is much different than a guy in his third year as starting QB.

Josh Dobbs hasn’t been in Minny for a month. And prolly lives out of a hotel. But opening play he was trusted to chuck it deep.

Fields as back up to Watson would be expensive next year. But makes sense if financially possible.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backups playing on account of others being hurt is much different than a guy in his third year as starting QB.

Josh Dobbs hasn’t been in Minny for a month. And prolly lives out of a hotel. But opening play he was trusted to chuck it deep.

Fields as back up to Watson would be expensive next year. But makes sense if financially possible.

I was simply using the playcalling for DTR and Walker compared to Fields.

Fields actually throws a good deep ball. And the metrics back that. It's the reads in between he struggles with. If it's just a matter of throwing a ball from point A to point B he throws a good ball.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was simply using the playcalling for DTR and Walker compared to Fields.

Fields actually throws a good deep ball. And the metrics back that. It's the reads in between he struggles with. If it's just a matter of throwing a ball from point A to point B he throws a good ball.

He throws a good deep ball when his WR is visibly open. In fact he won't throw the ball until he sees the WR is open. Unfortunately that's not how it works very often in the NFL. What he sees as open is not what NFL quality QBs see as open. The real point of this is he doesn't know how to read a defense and know where to go with the ball and ball placement based on coverage.

That's the real difference between the NFL and college. In college guys run open by 5 yards and sometimes more. It's not usually that way in the NFL. Take a look at rookie WRs and see how they usually struggle and what causes that. It's that they're not usually open by more than a yard or 2. Which means the ball is going to be contested on play after play, which makes placement and timing a whole lot more important in then NFL. He's not playing Indiana or Rutgers any more, this is real competition...not playing against tackling dummies

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He throws a good deep ball when his WR is visibly open. In fact he won't throw the ball until he sees the WR is open. Unfortunately that's not how it works very often in the NFL. What he sees as open is not what NFL quality QBs see as open. The real point of this is he doesn't know how to read a defense and know where to go with the ball and ball placement based on coverage.

That's the real difference between the NFL and college. In college guys run open by 5 yards and sometimes more. It's not usually that way in the NFL. Take a look at rookie WRs and see how they usually struggle and what causes that. It's that they're not usually open by more than a yard or 2. Which means the ball is going to be contested on play after play, which makes placement and timing a whole lot more important in then NFL. He's not playing Indiana or Rutgers any more, this is real competition...not playing against tackling dummies

If you watch even the first five minutes of breakdown of the Lions game you're not seeing a completely inept non NFL level qb. Thats the take I find most humorous given all the bad qb play (yes a lot because of injuries) in the league this year.

I am fine with Bears fans wanting to move on but to act like he couldn't possibly qb in this league is just flat out wrong.

I'm fine putting my stamp on it and I will own it if 2 years from now he's riding a bench with a clipboard in his hand. I don't think he will be.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears future is terrifying for the division pending how this next offseason goes. I don't love Fields, but a quality OC and another top tier weapon to pair with Moore who knows what he could become. Or if they move on and go with one of the top 2 from this draft. So many options that all starts with fixing coaching first.
It depends on what they do with the coaching situation? If they keep Eberflus then they have to keep Fields. Theres no way to justify drafting a new QB for him in a lame duck year. If they get a new coach he may decide he doesn't like any of the options in the draft and may run with Fields until something better comes along or he may think he has the answer to fix JF1. Once that is in the bag well start to get some resolution to these questions.