• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: NINERS at VIKINGS 8:15 pm

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 10-12 teams in the League could use KC.

Most notably the Jets or Raiders.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be an upgrade on

NE
NYJ
Tenn
Vegas
Washington
NYG
Tampa
Atl
GB
Chi
NO

Last edited:

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to believe the three happiest sets of fans tonight are the Vikings, Seahawks, and Eagles.
Obi Wan Kenobi Reaction GIF by Star Wars

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno why everyone hates Cousins so much in Minny and gives him such a hard time. He's been a very serviceable QB. He can get a little turnover prone at times, but he's still not a QB I want Seattle going up against since if he's on he can takeover a game.

Whatevs, never have understood the Cousins hate.
Kirk is a bit divisive in Minnesota

There are some that love him and when things go wrong blame everyone but kirk
There is other extreme that anytime something goes wrong, particularly on offense, Kirks fault

I'm neutral on Kirk, I'm willing to give him kudos like he earned yesterday and call him out. Kirk tends to tighten up in big games, he often puts up hollow up stats. Vikings have one playoff win in his time in MN

Kirk is type of QB that puts teams in a bind, you can do A LOT worse than Kirk, he's a top 15 QB. The issue is he's not an elite QB that will carry team and his play doesn't always match his salary. He'll keep you competitive most games and seasons, but not win the big one

It's a risk for MN to move on, but he's 35 and not many QB's play at high levels at his age or older, how many years does he really have left? 2, maybe 3? The drop off will come, so MN will need to move on eventually. There is a pretty QB class coming up so, take your shot

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is other extreme that anytime something goes wrong, particularly on offense, Kirks fault

I'm neutral on Kirk, I'm willing to give him kudos like he earned yesterday and call him out. Kirk tends to tighten up in big games, he often puts up hollow up stats. Vikings have one playoff win in his time in MN

Kirk is type of QB that puts teams in a bind, you can do A LOT worse than Kirk, he's a top 15 QB. The issue is he's not an elite QB that will carry team and his play doesn't always match his salary. He'll keep you competitive most games and seasons, but not win the big one

It's a risk for MN to move on, but he's 35 and not many QB's play at high levels at his age or older, how many years does he really have left? 2, maybe 3? The drop off will come, so MN will need to move on eventually. There is a pretty QB class coming up so, take your shot
From a Philly perspective, Kirk is a good QB, but just never seems to be able to get his team over the hump.

That being said, when you surround him with expensive weapons, his numbers will be good, but then you're taking away from defense/other parts of the game, and ultimately, QBs are defined by their success in the playoffs.

He also seemed like a nice guy from the Netflix QB series.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno why everyone hates Cousins so much in Minny and gives him such a hard time. He's been a very serviceable QB. He can get a little turnover prone at times, but he's still not a QB I want Seattle going up against since if he's on he can takeover a game.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think there is any chance that MN moves on from Cousins this coming offseason. O'Connell and Kwesi would be risking their jobs by trying to do so and failing. They would have to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE one of the QB's that they know they will be in position for. I just cant imagine them even trying.

How they eventually move on is really the big question about their future roster.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think there is any chance that MN moves on from Cousins this coming offseason. O'Connell and Kwesi would be risking their jobs by trying to do so and failing. They would have to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE one of the QB's that they know they will be in position for. I just cant imagine them even trying.

How they eventually move on is really the big question about their future roster.
Huge question, for sure. They absolutely have to find a young gun on a rookie deal soon if they want any hopes of contending. Cousins will cost them well over $40 mil AAV and they will have to pay Jefferson a king's ransom. They need to figure that out very soon. As you say though, moving on from Kirk and failing could be worse.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a Philly perspective, Kirk is a good QB, but just never seems to be able to get his team over the hump.

That being said, when you surround him with expensive weapons, his numbers will be good, but then you're taking away from defense/other parts of the game, and ultimately, QBs are defined by their success in the playoffs.

He also seemed like a nice guy from the Netflix QB series.

Kirk had full creative control over the production of his part of that Netflix series. I'm sure he is a nice guy and a good family man. But that series would have been much more interesting if it showed him in his years with Mike Zimmer as his coach, because they couldn't stand each other.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think of Cousins as Matt Hasselbeck without the playoff success. He's good enough to keep you at 8, 9 wins, fringe playoff or just outside (except last year where everything broke the Vikings' way).

Kirk is just good enough to stick around and give you hope and never bad enough to draft his replacement. He's got 1 playoff win in 6 years.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when you anointed the Niners as the best team in the league in September?
Had a couple bad games but up til last night they have been the best team.