• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G sure does suck.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point.

When I talk about Ohio St, I'm measuring them up with Alabama, because in my mind Alabama is going to the Title game. I think Ohio St is good, but I don't think they can beat Alabama.

2012 ND had a great defense, poor offense. 2013 Ohio St has a great offense, not so great defense. Alabama exposes weaknesses, and I feel like they will expose Ohio St.

Frankly, I prefer our chances with a great offense and mediocre defense over a mediocre offense and great defense.

People are just looking at Ohio State's schedule and poo pooing them away. Fact is, this might be the best offense Meyer has ever coached. He's never had this many options on offense ... not even at Florida.

The fact that Ohio State can spread you out .. go through the air ... or run the ball to the outside ... or pound it in the middle shouldn't be overlooked. Having a LEGIT power back in Meyer's system has created a monster to deal with. And right now, Hyde is playing like someone talked about his momma.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I prefer our chances with a great offense and mediocre defense over a mediocre offense and great defense.

People are just looking at Ohio State's schedule and poo pooing them away. Fact is, this might be the best offense Meyer has ever coached. He's never had this many options on offense ... not even at Florida.

The fact that Ohio State can spread you out .. go through the air ... or run the ball to the outside ... or pound it in the middle shouldn't be overlooked. Having a LEGIT power back in Meyer's system has created a monster to deal with. And right now, Hyde is playing like someone talked about his momma.

Can Braxton Miller beat Alabama?

If you ask me, No.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Braxton Miller beat Alabama?

If you ask me, No.

Miller 'aint the whole team like in the past though ... so I'm not sure that's a fair question.
If Ohio State played Bama, I'd expect a heavy dose of Hyde and Wilson. Miller surely would pass ... but I'd be willing to bet it would be high percentage passes. Quick 5 yarders that help move the chains but prevent negative plays in the back field.

There's a lot of weapons on this offense ... definitely not just Miller.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no reason to shit on Ohio State's schedule. Who's going to end up being Alabama's best win? a 2 or 3 loss A&M with no defense? Virginia Tech, a team DUKE beat? LSU can play well some weeks, and Auburn is improved, but the SEC is in no way, shape, or form much better than other conferences.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G is seriously unwatchable these days. It's down right embarrassing.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No arguments here, there's a lot of very average teams in the big ten.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, OD is mad that FSU is going to stay ahead of Oregon so he is taking it out on the B1G. :bawling:

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as conferences go, I see the same thing in 4 different conferences. 1 dominant team and then everyone else. B1G, Pac, ACC and the SEC. The Big 12 looks like the ACC has the last decade, maybe worse when you consider Baylor is their best team. Louisville is better than anything in the Big 12.

But I'm not a conference guy, and Ohio State would smash the Ducks, who has played a simply pathetic schedule. It's the same old Ducks, going to lose another BCS game.

Against FSU, it would be a race, but we could force TO's on Winston, he's vulnerable under pressure.

Against Bama, I don't know. They are pretty stout on both sides, but we'd give them a game. Braxton can give anyone fits.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as conferences go, I see the same thing in 4 different conferences. 1 dominant team and then everyone else. B1G, Pac, ACC and the SEC. The Big 12 looks like the ACC has the last decade, maybe worse when you consider Baylor is their best team. Louisville is better than anything in the Big 12.

But I'm not a conference guy, and Ohio State would smash the Ducks, who has played a simply pathetic schedule. It's the same old Ducks, going to lose another BCS game.

Against FSU, it would be a race, but we could force TO's on Winston, he's vulnerable under pressure.

Against Bama, I don't know. They are pretty stout on both sides, but we'd give them a game. Braxton can give anyone fits.

TO the bold that show me you have not watched him play at all. He thrives under pressure from defenses. His passing efficiency is BETTER when he is being pressured than against no pressure. But keep on thinking that one.

TO add a stat to this. He is in the TOP FIVE in passing efficiency when being pressured. So where do you see this vulnerability under pressure?

Last edited by a moderator:

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he's thrown some really bad passes up for grabs under pressure, but teams haven't capitalized on them. Sorry dude. But he throws at least 3-4 up every game that should be INT's, when he should throw them away. Don't get me wrong, the kid is great, but he is a freshman.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kinda makes it funny that a B12 guy even bothered creating a thread about another conference sucking.

Honestly, theres not a ton of difference b/t the B1G and the PAC, ACC, or hell even the SEC this year. Outside of Stanford, no one in the PAC will even hang for a half vs the Ducks. Everyone though Clampson would be a great game vs FSU, now we know better and I'm not expecting much out of Miami either. Outside of A&M, whose D makes Manny Diaz blush, what team in the SEC is going to give Bama a serious threat? Auburn or LSU? I doubt it, after seeing those defenses on full display.

Oh well. All you can do is play the schedule you've got.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he's thrown some really bad passes up for grabs under pressure, but teams haven't capitalized on them. Sorry dude. But he throws at least 3-4 up every game that should be INT's, when he should throw them away. Don't get me wrong, the kid is great, but he is a freshman.

OK not going to argue, but your DBs are not great in one on one coverage against 1 single WR like the one from Wisky. Imagine having to play against a rotation of 6 who are better than that one from Wisky. Big difference that you are not taking into consideration.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac 12
Big 12

TOSU beats Oregon by 10

How can the BIG be better than the PAC when the PAC holds a 43 to 30 advantage this century. With an 18 to 12 advantage over the past 5 years..:lol:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda makes it funny that a B12 guy even bothered creating a thread about another conference sucking.

Honestly, theres not a ton of difference b/t the B1G and the PAC, ACC, or hell even the SEC this year. Outside of Stanford, no one in the PAC will even hang for a half vs the Ducks. Everyone though Clampson would be a great game vs FSU, now we know better and I'm not expecting much out of Miami either. Outside of A&M, whose D makes Manny Diaz blush, what team in the SEC is going to give Bama a serious threat? Auburn or LSU? I doubt it, after seeing those defenses on full display.

Oh well. All you can do is play the schedule you've got.

UCLA hung for a half against Oregon. Remember it was 14-14 at the half.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about it, Notre Dame is the most hated sports team in American. And I love it lol

The jealousy of our program is ridiculous.

We are the Mecca of College Football. The Big Ten is still butt hurt that we refuse to join.

It's delusional to think that it's jealousy. I used to love ND when I was a kid. Then I rejected Catholicism. Then I watched ESPN and NBC ramble on and on about a program that probably wouldn't have won 4 games in the Big East most years. Then I realized that college football has this sick obsession with CFB royalty. It's just pathetic. ND is Pippa Middleton, and you're basically one of those weirdos who reads tabloids and cried when Kate became princess.

People hate anyone who talks about the paper crown on their heads like they deserve one made of gold, when they haven't done anything to earn it in decades. Go home Irish, you're drunk.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did this....talked to the other B1G coaches during a conference meeting about how to elevate their recruiting....Thisi s what started the whole bret bielema saying the b1g didn't want any of that SEC stuff.

NCs?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baylor would win the B1G and drop 50 on tOSU's defense. I'm pretty sure tOSU would drop 40 or 50 as well. Just saying, don't underestimate the Bears. That offense is insane.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor would win the B1G and drop 50 on tOSU's defense. I'm pretty sure tOSU would drop 40 or 50 as well. Just saying, don't underestimate the Bears. That offense is insane.

Based on ...?

I mean really ... as much shit as Ohio State has taken for their schedule. Has Baylor even played a team with a pulse yet?

There schedule is back loaded ... let's wait and see what they do against teams that don't have male cheerleaders playing football.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf:

Oregon has won their last two BCS games.