• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G sure does suck.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B10 isnt that great. Thats said the B10's quality has nothing to do with how good Ohio State is. OSU is easily a really quality team. The lack of conference depth will likely doom the Buckeyes this year ( although there is a 0% chance they get jumped by a 1 loss team). Conference strength doesnt mean that 1 team from the league cant be really good. Happens almost every year where a team from a "weak" league stomps someone out in a bowl game despite being underdogs.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G sure does suck

Not long ago these guys were trying to tell us about how good Northwestern is.
:laugh3:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST LAUGH I'VE HAD ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G sure does suck

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST LAUGH I'VE HAD ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!

According to B1G homers, they were never pimping out NW.....

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G sure does suck

You realize they have more wins over the ACC than they do over the B1G. If anything, that makes your conference look bad, not ours. I'm not sure why it is so embarrassing that a team which entered the B1G ranked #19 is 0-4 in conference.

From a rational perspective, that would indicate our conference is good. Only a mental midget like you could somehow try to invert that into a bad thing.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to B1G homers, they were never pimping out NW.....

1. When was anyone ever saying Northwestern was any more than a quality team? Nobody was on here "pimping them out". Odds are they'd still beat everyone in the Big 12 aside from Baylor and maybe OU.
2. Why are you harping on this Northwestern thing so much? Does it take away from the pain of knowing how shitty your own team is?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize they have more wins over the ACC than they do over the B1G. If anything, that makes your conference look bad, not ours. I'm not sure why it is so embarrassing that a team which entered the B1G ranked #19 is 0-4 in conference.
From a rational perspective, that would indicate our conference is good. Only a mental midget like you could somehow try to invert that into a bad thing.

Only in the SEC is a team that isnt meeting preseason expectations considered a sign of the conferences depth. Last year when preseason top 10 Arkansas got routed early and often it too til almost week 10 before people started to conceive the notion that maybe the Razorbacks just sucked. Til that point it was seen as a sign of SEC depth. Thats the currency you get by winning the last 7 NC's.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in the SEC is a team that isnt meeting preseason expectations considered a sign of the conferences depth. Last year when preseason top 10 Arkansas got routed early and often it too til almost week 10 before people started to conceive the notion that maybe the Razorbacks just sucked. Til that point it was seen as a sign of SEC depth. Thats the currency you get by winning the last 7 NC's.

The analogy doesn't hold, though. Arky lose twice OOC, and twice in conference. The people saying that were idiot SEC homers.

Again, it makes absolutely no sense to try to argue that a team who is 4-0 OOC and 0-4 in the B1G proves the B1G sucks. The logical supposition is that is shows the B1G teams are better than the OOC teams, which would indicate that the B1G is good.

Northwestern will probably only go 1-7 in the B1G this year. Put them in Geneh's conference, and I bet they go 4-4. People can say what they want about the lack of good teams in the B1G, but the league is not hurting for solid teams. Outside of Purdue, none of these teams are horrifically bad. The 11th best team (out of 12) in the B1G is better than the 8th best team (out of 14) in the ACC.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
original.gif

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. When was anyone ever saying Northwestern was any more than a quality team? Nobody was on here "pimping them out". Odds are they'd still beat everyone in the Big 12 aside from Baylor and maybe OU.
2. Why are you harping on this Northwestern thing so much? Does it take away from the pain of knowing how shitty your own team is?

To answer your first question, I'd start here:

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...sion/[email protected]

"NW is the Stanford of the B1G"

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They played arguably the worst OOC schedule of any AQ team. That doesn't make them good/the B1G good or them bad/the B1G bad. What makes them bad is that they aren't a good football team. I said before the year they were a 4-5 loss team, looks like even I overrated them, they may not win a game the rest of the year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The analogy doesn't hold, though. Arky lose twice OOC, and twice in conference. The people saying that were idiot SEC homers.

Again, it makes absolutely no sense to try to argue that a team who is 4-0 OOC and 0-4 in the B1G proves the B1G sucks. The logical supposition is that is shows the B1G teams are better than the OOC teams, which would indicate that the B1G is good.

Northwestern will probably only go 1-7 in the B1G this year. Put them in Geneh's conference, and I bet they go 4-4. People can say what they want about the lack of good teams in the B1G, but the league is not hurting for solid teams. Outside of Purdue, none of these teams are horrifically bad. The 11th best team (out of 12) in the B1G is better than the 8th best team (out of 14) in the ACC.

That alone doesn't prove the B1G sucks, it just proves that NW sucks, which was supposed to be a top 20 team this year. Teams like Iowa and Minnesota are improved, but they are still average teams in the end. NW is just very poor.

We'd have a better gauge on how good the B1G really is, if they would have stepped up OOC and played somebody and won those games. NW and Minnesota going 4-0 is good and all, but still not impressive. Iowa lost to NIU, Nebraska lost to UCLA, Wisconsin lost to ASU, Penn St lost to UCF, Indiana lost to Navy and Missouri, MSU lost to ND, Illinois lost to Washington. Every big opportunity for the conference to make a statement they did not, outside of Michigan beating an average ND team this year.

EDIT* - I should have mentioned Wisconsin still has one more OOC game against a very quality BYU team, who I think is top 25 worthy. A win there helps the conference perception IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he was referring to them as an esteemed academic institution comparable to Stanford.

If that is the case I apologize. lol NW is very good academically obviously.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Ten sucks this year. Just come out and admit it already.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Ten sucks this year. Just come out and admit it already.

I don't believe I have seen anyone deny it. All I have seen is people saying the ACC and maybe the Big12 are worse conferences top to bottom.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he was referring to them as an esteemed academic institution comparable to Stanford.

Indeed I was. I think NW will benefit from recruiting cerebral student athletes ... much like Stanford.
Granted ... they free fell this year after losing to Ohio State and getting the injury bug. But I still think they are the up and coming team in the B1G.

Not saying they will become an elite program ... but I see them competing in the near future. Frankly, they already have under Pat.