• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time For Belichick to Vacate the GM Seat??

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of your post but I've heard rumors that BB was biding his time looking for the right circumstance to make the switch to Brady. BB learned in Cleveland you can't do whatever you want until "that right" is earned and Bill knew he hadn't earned it. Until then he needed to measure the thing he hates - perception. In this case the perception was DB was a HOF caliber QB and you don't screw with that.

I believe the rumor. I really liked DB but got tired of him failing in his attempts to play hero. He valued his arm to much and never learned other valuable skills beneficial to the QB position. If I saw it there's no question BB did.
Haa!! That's exactly my point. The first comment was he had Bledsoe and didn't want Brady. I've read what people have posted here over the years and someone posted that BB couldn't stand Bledsoe because he would go rogue on any given play. In practice or game. Bill was looking for an excuse to replace him with someone who bought into his coaching and his game plan. Brady was that guy and Bledsoe getting hurt gave him the opening.

That aside, if Brady had not been good enough, My belief is Drew would have won at least one Super Bowl. That, combined stats would have been enough to elevate him from Hall of Very Good to Hall of Fame.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's apples and oranges.
One is a player.
One is a coach/GM.

One just needs to take care of the ball while the other is trying to deal with a multitude of things.
But they are both fruit, both were or are critical to team success over a long period of time. If TB is allowed to lose (along with the team) gracefully why not BB?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots QB Coach Dick Rehbein demanded that Bill Belichick draft Tom Brady or he was done. Bobby Grier had to calm him down after BB skipped Brady in the 5th Round. Greer met with BB and the rest is history. AND Bill Belichick has always taken all the credit for drafting Tom Brady.

Sadly, Dick Rehbein died on August 6, 2001. Had he survived, he might well be on the sideline as a HC in the NFL.
Stop the bullshit, BB doesn't open his mouth long enough to take credit for anything. When complimented he always (yes, always) defers credit elsewhere. When asked about being labeled a genius he replied that he's seen his name associated with idiot too. BB does not take credit for what he does, nor what anyone else has done.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get the hate for Drew. Had a very good career. Better than most QB’s drafted #1. We could have had Rick Mirer instead.

I love ya Drew!
No hate from me, just an honest assessment of him. He declined after 1998 or so, but prior he was the real deal and gave the Pats a lot of swagger.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get the hate for Drew. Had a very good career. Better than most QB’s drafted #1. We could have had Rick Mirer instead.

I love ya Drew!

Sorry but I absolutely hated him as a player. When we lost it was the team. When we won it was Bledsoe and his "late game heroics".

I was screaming "Michael Bishop" from the rafters but BB wouldn't listen to me. And then this dude Brady showed up on the scene.

How Drew do in Buffalo? In Dallas?

Hell, it took Parcells and BB to get the first pick of the draft to a Super Bowl.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Drew do in Buffalo? In Dallas?
Very well actually.

Hell, it took Parcells and BB to get the first pick of the draft to a Super Bowl.
What? Explain this please...

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very well actually.

What? Explain this please...

Zero playoff wins or visits for that matter. Once again, Bledsoe hides his lack of winning ability behind stats and those stats usually take place at the end of a game during garbage time.

Pete Carrol took over that team in 1997 and they stunk. Meaning, it took HOF coaches to get him to a Super Bowl.

Meanwhile, average at best coaching in Cinn right now was enough for Joe Burrow to get there.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero playoff wins or visits for that matter.
Yeah, that's a hook you can hang a hat on. A) it was Buffalo. B) Jerry hired Parcells to rebuild the Cowboys. And you expect playoff wins immediately?
They never did anything after they both left either. Are you telling me Romo wasn't a good QB? Prescott's not a good QB?
Once again, Bledsoe hides his lack of winning ability behind stats and those stats usually take place at the end of a game during garbage time.
Teams win, teams lose.
Better yet, good teams win with good coaching. Bad teams win with bad coaching.
Pete Carrol took over that team in 1997 and they stunk. Meaning, it took HOF coaches to get him to a Super Bowl.
And Drew's number went steadily down until he went to Buf/Dal Then they went back up.
Meanwhile, average at best coaching in Cinn right now was enough for Joe Burrow to get there.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's a hook you can hang a hat on. A) it was Buffalo. B) Jerry hired Parcells to rebuild the Cowboys. And you expect playoff wins immediately?
They never did anything after they both left either. Are you telling me Romo wasn't a good QB? Prescott's not a good QB?

Teams win, teams lose.
Better yet, good teams win with good coaching. Bad teams win with bad coaching.

And Drew's number went steadily down until he went to Buf/Dal Then they went back up.

2001 Patriots.

0 -2 with Bledsoe
11 - 3 with Brady followed up with a Super Bowl parade.

Sorry, I hate Bledsoe and there's nothing you can write that will change my mind.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I hate Bledsoe and there's nothing you can write that will change my mind.
Hey, I'm a republican.
I fully support your ability to have your own opinions and I appreciate that they are yours and not mine.
It's what makes America great.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'm a republican.
I fully support your ability to have your own opinions and I appreciate that they are yours and not mine.
It's what makes America great.
Just curious, what does the first line have to do with the rest of your comments?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they are both fruit, both were or are critical to team success over a long period of time. If TB is allowed to lose (along with the team) gracefully why not BB?
Circles and squares are shapes but they won't fit in the others hole.

Both were most certainly critical to the team success.

One is now retired.

One is still making what can be considered arrogant mistakes.

I'm not saying he should stop coaching, just back off on GM duties and focus on coaching 100% who knows what the results might be? Especially at 71.

So in NE continues on their current path, either missing the playoffs or one and done how long do you let BB lose gracefully? Until he catches Shula? I think that would be considered on par with giving Brady what he wanted.

I firmly believe TB would know when it was time to quit. With BB I am not so sure? The narcissit in him wants Shula's record for sure. That may take him into three more years of coaching.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 Fuckin' days to the first preseason game at Foxboro against the Texans.

8 days 'til the bitchin' gets turned up a notch.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, what does the first line have to do with the rest of your comments?
Because democrats, or more specifically liberals, have a long history of being open to hearing others opinions. As long as that opinion aligns with their own.

And before you go down that over anal yze hole...

Oh My God Omg GIF by GifGari

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because democrats, or more specifically liberals, have a long history of being open to hearing others opinions. As long as that opinion aligns with their own.

And before you go down that over anal yze hole...

Oh My God Omg GIF by GifGari
I'm not faulting you for that opinion but I don't think it's true. I think it's true of any politician or political zealot but not specific to any political party's rank and file.

I don't align with any party but I guess that would make me a moderate.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not faulting you for that opinion but I don't think it's true. I think it's true of any politician or political zealot but not specific to any political party's rank and file.

Or wishy-washy?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't go down that over anal yze hole...

Tv Show Reaction GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead