• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft: The Quarterback Class

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2023 was much better than 2022. ESPN's QBR stats have him #18 in 2022. But why would you claim he was a one-hit wonder? The guy had two seasons of high production. I am not sure why you would view this as a negative. He improved every year. LSU made it to the SEC champion game in 2022, because of his play against Alabama.

But as I have said before, I do not judge quarterbacks purely based on stats. I look at how well they throw the football. Stat champions do not necessarily make the best NFL prospects.

I said one elite season. You're saying one-hit wonder, not me.

Again, I like him as prospect at #2 or #3. I just can't get to him over or even with Caleb.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said one elite season. You're saying one-hit wonder, not me.

Again, I like him as prospect at #2 or #3. I just can't get to him over or even with Caleb.
Fair enough, but I just don't see why Caleb Williams can do, that Jayden Daniels cannot. I don't pay attention to stats or number of quality stats, I look at the skill set they bring to the table.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels better be putting on some weight quickly

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2024 QB Rankings 2.0

1. Caleb Williams [6'1 | Age: 23]

• [++] Accurate and great arm in all levels of the field.
  • [++] Great confidence in the pocket, great sense of pressure, pocket movement, accuracy in dirty pockets, keeps eyes downfield while extending
  • [+-] Gunslinger with big plays but needs work on taking what the defense gives. Will pass up easy underneath throws looking for the big play when it's 1st and 10 and etc.
  • [--] Ball security. Holding ball loosely around defenders
  • [-] Footwork and timing could be more consistent
  • Grade [#1]: Future Franchise QB plain and simple. As far becoming elite, that's mostly determined by being on the right team and situation
2. Drake Maye [6'4 | Age: 21]
  • [++] S Tier (top tier in the league) arm talent as far as arm strength, throws off-platform, ability to throw in tight windows
  • [+] Creative playmaker. Ability to buy time and make big time throws when nothing is there and OL giving up easy pressures
  • [--] Footwork is sloppy and leads to a lot of inaccurate throws. Drifts to danger in the pocket and unnecessary escapes clean pockets
  • [-] Can get locked on to first read too long
  • Grade [Top 5]: Will be one of the more talented players in the league but needs time to sit and learn the position
3. Jayden Daniels [6'4 | Age: 24]
  • [++] S Tier game changing speed and ability to flip the field with his legs
  • [+] Good consistent footwork and patients while in the pocket allows him to stay on time on throws and sometimes with anticipation
  • [+] Very good ball velocity and deep ball accuracy
  • [-] Great OL at LSU gives time for Jayden to stay patient in the pocket but accuracy drops when pocket condenses. Lacks tape where he keeps eyes up while pressured and will look to run vs looking downfield
  • [-] Takes too many hits
  • Grade [Top 10]: Day 1 starter with game changing speed at QB
4. Michael Penix [6'2 | Age: 24]
  • [+] Great velocity, good accuracy and confident in hitting throws in tight windows.
  • [+] Smart with the ball and doesn't often put the ball in harms way
  • [++] Works through progressions, plays on time and often throws with some anticipation
  • [--] Injury history. Played with knee brace which takes away from his mobility
  • [+-] Flashes of great pocket movement and some games stiff and not so much. Off-platform throws and throws on the run are up and down
  • Grade [Rd 1]: Lot of what Penix did in Wash translate to Sunday and potentially can start year 1. Injury history is a concern

5. JJ McCarthy [6'3 | Age: 21]
  • [+] Good consistent footwork and keeps his base while in the pocket
  • [+] Pretty good arm strength, speed, solid accuracy
  • [--] Questionable field vision. Doesn't see the underneath defender and puts the ball in danger a time or two a game.
  • [?] Feel for pressure, throws under pressure? Not a lot of examples with Migh OL
  • Grade [Day 2]: Young and have some good tools but don't think he's a Year 1 starter.

6. Spencer Rattler [6'1 | Age: 23]
  • [+] Good Playmarker skills, pocket movement, ability to extend plays and make throws on the run.
  • [+] Good arm strength, accuracy but could be more consistent
  • [--] Forces the ball into windows that just are not there. Lot of turnover worthy plays [2-3 times a game]
  • [-] Lacks anticipation passes and late throws towards the sideline can get him trouble
  • Grade [Rd 3-4]: Stash prospect who has good arm talent and a lot of upside but needs time to clean up decision making and inconsistences

7. Bo Nix [6'2 | Age: 24]

• [+] Has great timing and anticipation on his first read
  • [+] Good touch, accuracy and ball placement to spread the ball in short and intermediate levels of the field
  • [+] Have some shiftiness in and out the pocket to extend plays
  • [--] Fails to work through full progression before getting to his check down. (Even in clean pockets)
  • [-] Arm Strength is enough to make necessary throws but lacking compared to others starting in the NFL
  • Grade [Rd 3-4]: Good backup, solid player but with limited upside

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2024 QB Rankings 2.0

1. Caleb Williams [6'1 | Age: 23]

• [++] Accurate and great arm in all levels of the field.
  • [++] Great confidence in the pocket, great sense of pressure, pocket movement, accuracy in dirty pockets, keeps eyes downfield while extending
  • [+-] Gunslinger with big plays but needs work on taking what the defense gives. Will pass up easy underneath throws looking for the big play when it's 1st and 10 and etc.
  • [--] Ball security. Holding ball loosely around defenders
  • [-] Footwork and timing could be more consistent
  • Grade [#1]: Future Franchise QB plain and simple. As far becoming elite, that's mostly determined by being on the right team and situation
2. Drake Maye [6'4 | Age: 21]
  • [++] S Tier (top tier in the league) arm talent as far as arm strength, throws off-platform, ability to throw in tight windows
  • [+] Creative playmaker. Ability to buy time and make big time throws when nothing is there and OL giving up easy pressures
  • [--] Footwork is sloppy and leads to a lot of inaccurate throws. Drifts to danger in the pocket and unnecessary escapes clean pockets
  • [-] Can get locked on to first read too long
  • Grade [Top 5]: Will be one of the more talented players in the league but needs time to sit and learn the position
3. Jayden Daniels [6'4 | Age: 24]
  • [++] S Tier game changing speed and ability to flip the field with his legs
  • [+] Good consistent footwork and patients while in the pocket allows him to stay on time on throws and sometimes with anticipation
  • [+] Very good ball velocity and deep ball accuracy
  • [-] Great OL at LSU gives time for Jayden to stay patient in the pocket but accuracy drops when pocket condenses. Lacks tape where he keeps eyes up while pressured and will look to run vs looking downfield
  • [-] Takes too many hits
  • Grade [Top 10]: Day 1 starter with game changing speed at QB
4. Michael Penix [6'2 | Age: 24]
  • [+] Great velocity, good accuracy and confident in hitting throws in tight windows.
  • [+] Smart with the ball and doesn't often put the ball in harms way
  • [++] Works through progressions, plays on time and often throws with some anticipation
  • [--] Injury history. Played with knee brace which takes away from his mobility
  • [+-] Flashes of great pocket movement and some games stiff and not so much. Off-platform throws and throws on the run are up and down
  • Grade [Rd 1]: Lot of what Penix did in Wash translate to Sunday and potentially can start year 1. Injury history is a concern

5. JJ McCarthy [6'3 | Age: 21]
  • [+] Good consistent footwork and keeps his base while in the pocket
  • [+] Pretty good arm strength, speed, solid accuracy
  • [--] Questionable field vision. Doesn't see the underneath defender and puts the ball in danger a time or two a game.
  • [?] Feel for pressure, throws under pressure? Not a lot of examples with Migh OL
  • Grade [Day 2]: Young and have some good tools but don't think he's a Year 1 starter.

6. Spencer Rattler [6'1 | Age: 23]
  • [+] Good Playmarker skills, pocket movement, ability to extend plays and make throws on the run.
  • [+] Good arm strength, accuracy but could be more consistent
  • [--] Forces the ball into windows that just are not there. Lot of turnover worthy plays [2-3 times a game]
  • [-] Lacks anticipation passes and late throws towards the sideline can get him trouble
  • Grade [Rd 3-4]: Stash prospect who has good arm talent and a lot of upside but needs time to clean up decision making and inconsistences

7. Bo Nix [6'2 | Age: 24]
  • [+] Has great timing and anticipation on his first read
  • [+] Good touch, accuracy and ball placement to spread the ball in short and intermediate levels of the field
  • [+] Have some shiftiness in and out the pocket to extend plays
  • [--] Fails to work through full progression before getting to his check down. (Even in clean pockets)
  • [-] Arm Strength is enough to make necessary throws but lacking compared to others starting in the NFL
  • Grade [Rd 3-4]: Good backup, solid player but with limited upside
Daniels is not 24 years old. He will be 24 in late December. Maye will be 22 in August.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of things I have seen recently on players on TV. ( I am no college player guru)

& without knowing what team each QB will go too. (which can make a huge difference)
I am gonna Predict Maye is the one that exceeds the others.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of things I have seen recently on players on TV. ( I am no college player guru)

& without knowing what team each QB will go too. (which can make a huge difference)
I am gonna Predict Maye is the one that exceeds the others.
I follow college football but I'm no guru. I know N. Carolina recruits and gets good players while Maye beat 1 (one) top 20 team. This guy can be reckless with the football and it's said it starts with his foot work. Hope the Skins draft this guy at two.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen this everywhere online. This has to be altered. Look at his bicep even, it seems to split off. Also his elbow looks nothing like that bursitis picture being shown along side it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen this everywhere online. This has to be altered. Look at his bicep even, it seems to split off. Also his elbow looks nothing like that bursitis picture being shown along side it
Looks photoshopped

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was late in the season, that Daniels thing might mean something but right now, it's pretty much nothing. Anti- inflammatories and some treatment and rest and it's cleared up in a couple weeks. I've had it lots of times working construction from my teens to my late 50s and never kept me from working. I was swinging a hammer again in no time with no discomfort. With the top notch medical facilities and treatment these guys have at their disposal, it's not a big deal.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sanchez GIF by SB Nation