• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft discussion thread

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his eyes are down field... I love him

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC were would you pick the Razorbacks QB?

I wouldn't pick him since he is in the transfer portal. ;)

He had a bad year... Was pretty solid up until then. His passing has improved each season (until 2023)

I love his deep ball and his accuracy has been pretty solid. The combination of those two things makes him appealing.

He is also able to create plays on his own with his athletic ability.

Need some mechanic work. I worry about him turning the ball over in the NFL. Making some throws he shouldn't make. His decision making is a concern to me. He has the tools though.

If we base his stock off this year I am not sure I would draft him. If we base his stock off the previous year he is probably a Round 4 guy. If we base his stock on the combination of this year and previous years he is probably a Round 5-7 guy.

Have to see how he bounces back this year and where he ends up. I am hearing South Carolina is heavy in the mix for him but they are waiting on Malachi Nelson as their first choice.

Jefferson has all the tools to work with and that will appeal to NFL teams but I really think his mechanics have a ways to go before you can consider him "starting" material and his decision making makes him risky to depend on. I think he could make it as a backup though.

This year will obviously be important to him. If he can regain his 2021-2022 form he should go Day 3. If he doesn't then he goes undrafted. If he REALLY improves then well we have seen QB's like Kenny Pickett make a dramatic leap to the top and Pickett was further away then Jefferson from one year to the next. He has the tools that is for sure. Can he put them all together? Will a new team help him?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't pick him since he is in the transfer portal. ;)

He had a bad year... Was pretty solid up until then. His passing has improved each season (until 2023)

I love his deep ball and his accuracy has been pretty solid. The combination of those two things makes him appealing.

He is also able to create plays on his own with his athletic ability.

Need some mechanic work. I worry about him turning the ball over in the NFL. Making some throws he shouldn't make. His decision making is a concern to me. He has the tools though.

If we base his stock off this year I am not sure I would draft him. If we base his stock off the previous year he is probably a Round 4 guy. If we base his stock on the combination of this year and previous years he is probably a Round 5-7 guy.

Have to see how he bounces back this year and where he ends up. I am hearing South Carolina is heavy in the mix for him but they are waiting on Malachi Nelson as their first choice.

Jefferson has all the tools to work with and that will appeal to NFL teams but I really think his mechanics have a ways to go before you can consider him "starting" material and his decision making makes him risky to depend on. I think he could make it as a backup though.

This year will obviously be important to him. If he can regain his 2021-2022 form he should go Day 3. If he doesn't then he goes undrafted. If he REALLY improves then well we have seen QB's like Kenny Pickett make a dramatic leap to the top and Pickett was further away then Jefferson from one year to the next. He has the tools that is for sure. Can he put them all together? Will a new team help him?

IMO this year was not on him they had a real bad Running game .. I am glad he is able to play one more year . His pocket presence Is like big ben

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO this year was not on him they had a real bad Running game .. I am glad he is able to play one more year . His pocket presence Is like big ben

Somewhat agree with this. They changed OC's.. I don't think Jefferson played well but there are reasons for it. Raheim being injured most of the year didn't help. Never really established a go to WR although Andrew Armstrong was good at times. Offense was just weak overall this year. He has proven he can be a good QB. Like I said, the tools are there.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So realistically, it turns out Payton didn’t want Russ, so out of the deep quarterback class this year how many people do you think Peyton actually wants because let’s be real, he’s the one going to be making the decision? Someone like Jayden Daniels is exciting, but is that the type of player that would excel in Sean Payton‘s offense?

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton wants an accurate pocket QB that can process things quickly. Penix may fit that bill and be available as I think Williams, May and Daniels will be gone by the time the Broncos pick. We could really use a good rookie on a cheap contract considering how much dead money we are going to have on the cap.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always a chance the Broncos move up in round 1 and have a shot at Daniels or Maye but I doubt it. Williams will be gone. Penix might be worth a shot but given the amount of holes on our roster, we may want to stick with BPA.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My way too early feeling is Denver may have their eye on Bo Nix.

Feels like a Payton sorta QB to me and someone like Nix is gonna slip.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My way too early feeling is Denver may have their eye on Bo Nix.

Feels like a Payton sorta QB to me and someone like Nix is gonna slip.
They do if they are listening to me.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust Nix. He was so bad at Auburn I worry that the success at Oregon is a mirage.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to really trust any QB at this rate. I would be thrilled with Maye and Williams at this point but after that I don't trust anyone at the QB position. With the high bust potential I hate needing a QB in the draft especially when your draft position is after the top two obvious QB's. With that being said I also get excited with any of the rest of these 3-7 guys because of the potential but trust and QB prospects is very rare.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REALLY like Carson Beck next year. Feel he can be elite like I do Williams and Maye this year.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. That is the problem.. After we win the Super Bowl with Stidham he just won't make sense for us and won't be there at 32. ;)
Yeah at that point the biggest question will be how big will Stidham’s contract be? :nod:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah at that point the biggest question will be how big will Stidham’s contract be? :nod:

Maybe Russ will donate some money to him as a signing bonus to lower the cap hit on his enormous deal? ;)