• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft discussion thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Maye looks a bit like Lawrence. QB evaluation is really tough, though, without actually seeing these guys learn because a generational college QB is just a starting QB in the NFL.

I would agree with this.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Cowherd thinks the Steelers should offer TJ Watt, George Pickens and 3 #1's for Caleb Williams.

The guy is special. He can make every throw. Yes, that is a lot.
So could Jeff George

I think time will show how his preoccupation with himself will be his downfall .... The crying act was just another LOOK AT ME stunt, like the ^^^^ Utah thing ...

I wonder how he'll do in the Holiday Bowl ... I mean, that what you play for in college, right ??

Colin Who ?? You mean the guy who included Dwyane Haskins on his list of QB Who Will Never Get To A SB weeks after Haskins died ?

Last edited:

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised anyone even listens to Cowherd anymore ,... His anointing Ben Simmons as the next all time great in the NBA shows just how much foresight he has ...

Never, ever disregard character and the competitor in an athlete .. or lack thereof

“You know I love LeBron — I’ve talked about him incessantly for a decade. I still think he is absolutely remarkable. But for the first time in 10 to 12 years, I look at the NBA — which I’ve watched for four decades — and I say this now with Ben Simmons: ‘Hey, LeBron, we’re good, bro. You can go. You don’t have to, you can hang around. Still great. But you can go. We’re all good here,”

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucas,

Wowzers, Williams gets your feathers ruffled.

I am simply telling you something Cowherd said. I saw it pop up on social media. I personally wouldn't give up 5 first rd picks for Caleb Williams but that is just my opinion. Obviously like any prospect they have bust potential.

Just because I posted something Cowherd said doesn't mean I am agreeing or disagreeing with it and if someone wants pure comedy listening to him of Skip Bayless, more power to them. I am simply telling you what he said. I really don't pay much attention to TV personalities like Cowherd or McAfee or guys like that. I have my own opinion and make my opinion with my own eyes and not what someone else tells me. I mean hell Cowherd has been a prick to no team more then my own Iowa Hawkeyes.

Incase you haven't paid attention I was the first to point out my irritation for some of the things Caleb has demanded/said this season. That stuff has irritated me. However, I see what I see on the field and that is a generational QB in my eyes. Could I be wrong? Well, yeahhhhhh but from what I see these are my thoughts of the guy. He can make every throw. He is special. He needs to mature and stop trying to bark out demands, I agree with that. I've said that multiple times. However, he is in an incredible QB when your evaluate his talent. There is no denying that. You may not like him as a person but on paper he checks every box from a physical standpoint and when we are talking the QB position, teams are in love with that part of him. He has special talent and every team in the NFL knows that. I am sure every NFL team would also agree he has some growing up to do as well but let's be honest here. He has no off field issues, teams aren't going to shy away from him because he has said a few dumb things that leave us shaking our head.

Caleb has some growing up to do but let's not make him out to be a HORRIBLE person.

Could care less that he cried after a loss to Utah.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antics aside, I think every Broncos fan would love to have Caleb Williams as our QB. However, the chances of that are virtually impossible. I'm more interested if the Broncos have an eye on a QB that might fall into round 2 or 3. I do think this class has some pretty intriguing QB prospects.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antics aside, I think every Broncos fan would love to have Caleb Williams as our QB. However, the chances of that are virtually impossible. I'm more interested if the Broncos have an eye on a QB that might fall into round 2 or 3. I do think this class has some pretty intriguing QB prospects.

We don't have a pick in Round 2 as of now.

Not sure you will have a Will Levis fall this year like last year. The top 6 won't fall to far, IMO.

Guys like Ewers, Beck, Sanders, Leonard were smart to stay because of the depth this year. I don't think we will see any QB worth developing in Round 3 there is a big difference between the top guys and "guys after the top guys". (Denver could see it different then me) I don't think you will see a Will Levis like fall last year who really teams had grades all over the board on him and he wasn't "special" enough that a team that didn't need a QB would use an early pick on him. I think the better question is if one we REALLY like slides to us in Round 1.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft Chop Robinson maybe we can taunt Andy Reid with pork chops to distract him.

Or perhaps he can taunt Chiefs fans by doing the Chiefs Chop and claim he is referencing his first name and not a way to taunt them. ;)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have a pick in Round 2 as of now.

Not sure you will have a Will Levis fall this year like last year. The top 6 won't fall to far, IMO.

Guys like Ewers, Beck, Sanders, Leonard were smart to stay because of the depth this year. I don't think we will see any QB worth developing in Round 3 there is a big difference between the top guys and "guys after the top guys". (Denver could see it different then me) I don't think you will see a Will Levis like fall last year who really teams had grades all over the board on him and he wasn't "special" enough that a team that didn't need a QB would use an early pick on him. I think the better question is if one we REALLY like slides to us in Round 1.

Good points but the Broncos might try to trade into Round 2 but the cost to do so might be too high. Will be an intriguing draft for the Broncos.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB 's in draft will shift more guys will just transfer for a yr before entering draft. Less late gems to take fliers on.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB 's in draft will shift more guys will just transfer for a yr before entering draft. Less late gems to take fliers on.

The covid years are still impacting QB depth in the draft but this year and next year there will be a lot of 6th and 7th year Seniors entering the draft and by that time their age will hurt them.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC were would you pick the Razorbacks QB?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people wonder what happened to Boise ST in bowl game ... 2 transfers Green the QB is going to Arkansas and their QB that stole his starting postion though most of the season went to Arkansas to be with that Coach that Arkansas just hired .. Green will blow up College Football next year mark it down .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not right that all that good. Boise ST ran out of QB's . one was hurt and one transferred to Arkansas

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB K J Jefferson i like .. he is a winner and this might sound strange but he might be a better TE in the NFL but I would first try him at QB he needs work but he never gives up .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They never developed him what so ever after his JR year . sad really

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB K J Jefferson i like .. he is a winner and this might sound strange but he might be a better TE in the NFL but I would first try him at QB he needs work but he never gives up .
That sounds great, because we need both

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about him he is a tank . they bounce off him. he can stand in the pocket.

WR have to wait often so I dont know if that is always going to be a problem

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot his best asset he is a O line savior ... he moves in the pocket like a ballet dancer they cannot kind him ....look how long he is in the pocket not touched ....