• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Smurfs! lol. True we dont have the redzone threat, hopefully Ertz can help out with that. gk was saying the better all around WR was the big guy. I disagree. Sure, Coleman has talent, no doubt but I think Ladd does more. Speed, route running, and great hands. Ladd has it over Coleman in these areas. Coleman has the 50/50 balls, size, and redzone threat. But DJ said he has trouble separating.

Two articles were posted that he can play outside. skinsdad from riggosrag and DJ's top 50 players that i posted.
I disagree that he can play outside consistently. I have watched several UGA games and he was primarily used in the slot from the games I saw. Did I watch every UGA game...no. He could have lined up outside.

If you are counting on ertz, good luck.
He is 33, hasn't played a full season since 2018 and hasn't grabbed more than 50 catches since 2021.
He has averaged 7 games played in the past 2 seasons. He must be considered a backup right?

Regarding McKonkey, I agree with Gkekoa. Coleman seems more talented because is also a great ST player as a PR. Coleman is also a red zone nightmare and goes across the middle of the field with ease.

Again, McKonkey doesn't bring anything to the table that TMac and Dotson already have. Coleman does.

McKonkey also was injured a good bit of the year last year. I don't think you have seen alot of McKonkey and are relying on mock drafts and the opinions of others.
Kinda like you did with stromberg yesterday and the hogshaven poll.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Smurfs! lol. True we dont have the redzone threat, hopefully Ertz can help out with that. gk was saying the better all around WR was the big guy. I disagree. Sure, Coleman has talent, no doubt but I think Ladd does more. Speed, route running, and great hands. Ladd has it over Coleman in these areas. Coleman has the 50/50 balls, size, and redzone threat. But DJ said he has trouble separating.

Two articles were posted that he can play outside. skinsdad from riggosrag and DJ's top 50 players that i posted.

No…I was making fun of you.

Coleman also has great hands. Speed Coleman also has as he had the fastest speed in the gauntlet. He just didn’t run as fast as little people without pads. Who is the better blocker?

The idea of a better all around WR is laughable because how do you measure that?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that he can play outside consistently. I have watched several UGA games and he was primarily used in the slot from the games I saw. Did I watch every UGA game...no. He could have lined up outside.

If you are counting on ertz, good luck.
He is 33, hasn't played a full season since 2018 and hasn't grabbed more than 50 catches since 2021.
He has averaged 7 games played in the past 2 seasons. He must be considered a backup right?

Regarding McKonkey, I agree with Gkekoa. Coleman seems more talented because is also a great ST player as a PR. Coleman is also a red zone nightmare and goes across the middle of the field with ease.

Again, McKonkey doesn't bring anything to the table that TMac and Dotson already have. Coleman does.

McKonkey also was injured a good bit of the year last year. I don't think you have seen alot of McKonkey and are relying on mock drafts and the opinions of others.
Kinda like you did with stromberg yesterday and the hogshaven poll.

ok thats your opinion but the guy shouldnt get knocked b/c he is not a big WR .

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No…I was making fun of you.

Coleman also has great hands. Speed Coleman also has as he had the fastest speed in the gauntlet. He just didn’t run as fast as little people without pads. Who is the better blocker?

The idea of a better all around WR is laughable because how do you measure that?

I measure how many things the WR can do. The only knock-on Ladd is he's not tall. He does more things than Coleman hence a higher rank on DJ top 50 board. If you don't like the guy fine but i'm not going to buy he is not a good WR in this draft class. You said there were better route runners in this draft class, who are they?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I measure how many things the WR can do. The only knock-on Ladd is he's not tall. He does more things than Coleman hence a higher rank on DJ top 50 board. If you don't like the guy fine but i'm not going to buy he is not a good WR in this draft class. You said there were better route runners in this draft class, who are they?

He doth protest too much…

So what is your list on what a WR can do? Break it down for me.

Who was the better WR? Calvin Johnson or Wes Welker? Wes Welker did it all.

I do not think anybody said he is not a good WR.

I did not say there were better route runners in this class. I said probably not because the odds of probability state that there is probably a better route runner.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And here is an article to support my statement.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And here is an article to support my statement.

well i elimated the elite WR's b/c we have no chance to get them in the 2nd round. Never heard of Cowing. Dont think he will go over Ladd. Good post. Plus thats is another atricle that says LAdd can play outside.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doth protest too much…

So what is your list on what a WR can do? Break it down for me.

Who was the better WR? Calvin Johnson or Wes Welker? Wes Welker did it all.

I do not think anybody said he is not a good WR.

I did not say there were better route runners in this class. I said probably not because the odds of probability state that there is probably a better route runner.

already did. If Coleman can do what you say he can do then he should be a first-round pick hands down and I dont think that is the case this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i elimated the elite WR's b/c we have no chance to get them in the 2nd round. Never heard of Cowing. Dont think he will go over Ladd. Good post. Plus thats is another atricle that says LAdd can play outside.
If you haven’t heard of Cowing then you aren’t informed . Scouts know him

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you continue to mention that McKonkey can play outside? You do realize how small he is and we have 2 starting outside WRs right?

The more you post about McKonkey the more it seems like you haven't actually seen him play and are just passing along the opinions of others. I am not sure why you have now targeted him as your draft wish.

You have mentioned it 5 times in 24 hours. It's almost like you hear something, don't like it, and then post an opinion piece and treat it as fact.

You like stromberg so you posted a random post by ignorant fans who didn't graduate elementary school.

You did the same with Tyron Smith and tried to convince me we needed to sign him. You posted opinion pieces as evidence. Same as wentz, you flooded me with opinion pieces on wentz and ignored eye tests.

These people are not experts on 300+ athletes. Can play outside and will outside are 2 different things. You also continue to ignore his injury history season.

We all like who we like, but I can't see the logic in drafting another WR who is similar to TMac and Dotson. I think you are ignoring that fact because you like McKonkey and not listening to reason.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Ladd is not the best route runner, which is what you claimed.

If you have not heard of Cowing then you are lazy and only follow the top two rounds.

Never claimed Cowing will go over Ladd.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ladd is not the best route runner, which is what you claimed.

If you have not heard of Cowing then you are lazy and only follow the top two rounds.

Never claimed Cowing will go over Ladd.

Cowing has a late round draft pick grade. We were talking about what WR to take in the 2nd round. Why are you brining in Naber and MHJ into the conversation when we have no shot to get them?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you continue to mention that McKonkey can play outside? You do realize how small he is and we have 2 starting outside WRs right?

The more you post about McKonkey the more it seems like you haven't actually seen him play and are just passing along the opinions of others. I am not sure why you have now targeted him as your draft wish.

You have mentioned it 5 times in 24 hours. It's almost like you hear something, don't like it, and then post an opinion piece and treat it as fact.

You like stromberg so you posted a random post by ignorant fans who didn't graduate elementary school.

You did the same with Tyron Smith and tried to convince me we needed to sign him. You posted opinion pieces as evidence. Same as wentz, you flooded me with opinion pieces on wentz and ignored eye tests.

These people are not experts on 300+ athletes. Can play outside and will outside are 2 different things. You also continue to ignore his injury history season.

We all like who we like, but I can't see the logic in drafting another WR who is similar to TMac and Dotson. I think you are ignoring that fact because you like McKonkey and not listening to reason.

im listening to DJ and others. Yes its an opinion. But it seems like LAdd is just not a slot WR. You think otherwise and that is fine.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok thats your opinion but the guy shouldnt get knocked b/c he is not a big WR .
These are all opinions Dean.

I am not knocking him because he is small.

I am knocking the idea of drafting him because it would not make a lot of sense given our situation. We would start 3 WRs at or under 6 ft. Unless TMac or Dotson are on the block.

McKonkey and Dotson are under 6 ft. To me, it doesn't make sense to not target a possession WR and red zone threat when we don't have one. The Seattle and NYG games showed that we need WR who can get the 50/50 balls and win match ups against different CB. I am surprised you are ignoring last year games.

You mentioned Ertz and I showed that he cannot be counted on to be a red zone threat because he cannot stay on the field. I am not sure if you think Ertz is a viable option or not. He had averaged 7 games a season the past 2 years and hasn't played a full season since 2018. Is that a concern to you?

You brought up the dolphins and I proved that they deploy a diverse pass catching corps.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
already did. If Coleman can do what you say he can do then he should be a first-round pick hands down and I dont think that is the case this year.

I never stated what Coleman can do. I stated what he DID do. He had the fastest gauntlet at the combine according to one of those Kiper types…saw it on some video…and they ,enjoined Nacua did the same thing.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never stated what Coleman can do. I stated what he DID do. He had the fastest gauntlet at the combine according to one of those Kiper types…saw it on some video…and they ,enjoined Nacua did the same thing.

so the gualet drill make Coleman the guy for you. ok. Where do you think he get drafted? Im curious where you thing he goes

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im listening to DJ and others. Yes its an opinion. But it seems like LAdd is just not a slot WR. You think otherwise and that is fine.
Why do we need an outside WR as a high round pick?

I am relaying what he did in college to you and you appear to dismiss it for some reason. If he can play outside, why didn't UGA play him more there? It is a fact that he played slot at UGA.

Is Kirby smart not a good coach?

I think you are cherry picking opinions to fit your narrative. You have it in your head that we need McKonkey and are doing all you can to provide evidence to prove that.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the gualet drill make Coleman the guy for you. ok. Where do you think he get drafted? Im curious where you thing he goes

The gauntlet drill offset a poor 40 time. Had Coleman ran a 4.5 he would be a first rounder. He didn’t so he will go in round 2.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gauntlet drill offset a poor 40 time. Had Coleman ran a 4.5 he would be a first rounder. He didn’t so he will go in round 2.
Watching the lsu game sealed the deal for me.

He can high point the ball, out muscle CBs, and glides down the field. He is pretty slippery and goes across the middle with ease.

I like McKonkey but not over Coleman or others. I think Dean like McKonkey and wants to make it work.

I think we would regret drafting McKonkey with a 2nd round pick as we would run into the same problems we did last year. We have to get a red zone threat and mckonkey isn't that threat.