• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 draft thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could he drop ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two names stood out to me, Lawrence Taylor and Von Miller.

Yep, Picked that up too! Julius Peppers was also there. Comparisons from LT to Peppers seem to form the consensus opinion on what we should expect from Young. If he's anything close to any of these guys, then we'll all be...:pop2: when the defense takes the field.

BTW: in the report, did you also take note that there were more success stories than failures?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Picked that up too! Julius Peppers was also there. Comparisons from LT to Peppers seem to form the consensus opinion on what we should expect from Young. If he's anything close to any of these guys, then we'll all be...:pop2: when the defense takes the field.

BTW: in the report, did you also take note that there were more success stories than failures?

Absolutely. The HOFers involved were nice and only a couple Ryan Leaf types.

I don’t see Peppers when I look at Young. Peppers was a 300 pounder. I see an athletic freak with crazy explosion.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t see Peppers when I look at Young. Peppers was a 300 pounder. I see an athletic freak with crazy explosion.

That's what I see too!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, but there are a lot of former players and front office types who are making that comparison.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There appears to be 3 teams that are actually in trade talks with our guys.

Tampa Bay.... who will have to pull off some sort of trade Jujutsu just to make the numbers work and satisfy both sides.

Cleveland... a team desperately seeking to solidify their left tackle spot. Getting Williams for the asking price and his possible salary demands may have them thinking draft over trade.

Finally my favorite and a bit of a surprise.

Miami... While speculation filled this board about trading down, Miami also has needs at LT. Remembering that they traded J. Tunsil last year, that gaping hole has gone unfilled to date. With all of their capital the Dolphins could make the deal for Williams without batting an eyelash. This is my sleeper trade and one that I now believe to be the top landing spot for Trent.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I see too!
now i did see an article on young where it says people in his family got growth spurts in their 20's a projection was was 6-7 280 lbs for what its worth

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There appears to be 3 teams that are actually in trade talks with our guys.

Tampa Bay.... who will have to pull off some sort of trade Jujutsu just to make the numbers work and satisfy both sides.

Cleveland... a team desperately seeking to solidify their left tackle spot. Getting Williams for the asking price and his possible salary demands may have them thinking draft over trade.

Finally my favorite and a bit of a surprise.

Miami... While speculation filled this board about trading down, Miami also has needs at LT. Remembering that they traded J. Tunsil last year, that gaping hole has gone unfilled to date. With all of their capital the Dolphins could make the deal for Williams without batting an eyelash. This is my sleeper trade and one that I now believe to be the top landing spot for Trent.

pretty good sleeper pick STY ! you are a damn genius !

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That could be intriguing