• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im poo-pooing it with Turner too or cant you read? Literacy not a strong suit? lol

His 3 sample size is pretty small--- 2.4 attempts per game- but, in his age 21 season to be one of the best shot blockers, a 78% FT shooter, and 36% from 3 is pretty impressive. As I said- small sample size so i am not putting TOO much stock into his 3 pt shooting- but it bodes very well going forward.

and showed he might have a decent 3 pt shot

:lol:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bam? 0.6 blocks a game and cant shoot a 3 to save his life.

Hilarious how you use blocks as an important statistic but when Whiteside was doing it, he was selfish and only cared about his personal #'s.

You're so full of shit

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious how you use blocks as an important statistic but when Whiteside was doing it, he was selfish and only cared about his personal #'s.

You're so full of shit
by itself i do think blocks are important---- but when i see a 21 year old top 5 in the league in blocks and shooting 36% from 3 (even if it was only 2.4 attempts per game- which isnt a ton- but its starting to get to be relevant), i definitely stand up and am impressed.

How many 21 year olds in the NBA do you think have ended up top 5 in the league in blocks, shoot about 80% from the free throw line and 35% from the 3 pt line? Not only that- but unlike the big lumbering Whiteside who hunts blocks and sits his ass in the paint and is too slow to switch the pick and roll- Turner has the speed and agility of a player like Steven Adams who can actually get out and defend the perimeter.

When i see those three things in a 21 year old big man--- a decent shot, one of the best shot blockers in the league, and quick and agile enough to guard the perimeter/switch the pick and roll- you have an extremely intriguing prospect.

The only other guys that I can think of that are like that are guys like Embiid and Porzingis. Turner seems to me to be a poormans version of those 2 guys.

One of the reasons why i think Embiid is destined to be a top 5 player is his combination of those skill sets- solid outside shot, shot blocking, and able to guard the perimeter. Whiteside does ONE out of those 3 things and hes well into his
"prime". Turner is still years away from his top end play.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you are doing is spewing nonsense and bullshit that doesnt mean anything

I think Turner is going t obe better than Bam when its all said and done in their careers and im not afraid to say it unlike you who seems afraid to actually make a prediction and would rather parse words.

The funny thing is- you know I am right--- there probably isnt a better player to compare Bam to than TT. Turner IS probably going to be a better player than Bam.

You're literally guessing that a player is going to turn out better with no factual evidence other than a gut feeling. That, sir is the equivalence of spewing nonsense and bullshit which doesn't mean anything; something you're very consistent at.

I don't speak in absolutes on things like this because I like to see how players develop. You can usually tell what a player's going to be like by year 4 or 5. Turner's coming up on that. Meanwhile, Bam just finished his rookie year, yet you're already defining what his career's going to be.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're literally guessing that a player is going to turn out better with no factual evidence other than a gut feeling. That, sir is the equivalence of spewing nonsense and bullshit which doesn't mean anything; something you're very consistent at.

I don't speak in absolutes on things like this because I like to see how players develop. You can usually tell what a player's going to be like by year 4 or 5. Turner's coming up on that. Meanwhile, Bam just finished his rookie year, yet you're already defining what his career's going to be.
you dont like absolutes = im afraid to make a prediction

thanks for playing

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're so full of shit

Whiteside was getting triple doubles with blocks, something that was unheard of. But it's because Whiteside wears a Heat uniform, as does Bam.

See how Lebron was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Lebron was going to play until he was 40 without skipping a beat and could play the 4 later on his career and everything would be fine. Once he went to the Lakers....."Well, he's going to be 34 years old and already has a ton of miles on him."

It's hilarious seeing the hypocrisy.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you dont like absolutes = im afraid to make a prediction

thanks for playing

Well, I predict you'll continue to say the dumbest shit on this forum and no one will come close to beating you in that area.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Ben Simmons?

hes either the best or 2nd best player on a team that won a playoff series last year and he did it at the age of 21. Hes already probably a top 25 player in the league. Do you dispute that? or is this just more bullshit?

by all means if you think Bam can make up for his bad out side shooting by going for 16 8 and 8 like Simmons and leading his team to a playoff series win- go ahead and say it! lol. :lol:

it just comes down to you are afraid to make any kind of prediction because you know im right.

I guess Embiid had nothing to do with that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Embiid had nothing to do with that.
lol...embiid had a lot to do with 16 8 and 8 from a 21 year old. lol....and i said- either best or 2nd best player....not only that- but Embiid missed a ton of games last year. Again- WTF are you even talking about here? Do you dispute that Simmons is a top 25 player? How many 21 years old do you see going for 16 8 and 8? if i was a sackless wonder i could qualify all my predictions too with maybes and could-be's

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I predict you'll continue to say the dumbest shit on this forum and no one will come close to beating you in that area.
yup--- bout that time - when your beat- give it up and attack me. Ya know its coming eventually. lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it- reduced to correcting grammar mistakes. lol....the last bastion of a beaten man.

I'm still trying to see where you've beaten me at this debate. Help me out here. Because I don't see it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade and Haslem back......this should be funny.

You do realize Haslem doesn't play right. He is a player coach basically.

As for Wade, he is just fine as a bench player in limited minutes.

I will enjoy the Heat regular season as I expect them to win 45+ games and finish as a top 6 seed.

Enjoy your 30 wins and praying the Cavs somehow get another LBJ if they want to be relevant in the next 10 years

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade and Haslem back......this should be funny.

So who finishes w/ the better record your Cavs or the Heat? I'll go out on a limb & say you'll pick the Cavs. I expect a 3 page explanation though. Anything less would be uncivilized.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see what happens with Irving. I think if Boston wins the title he'll stay but if they don't he'll move on.