• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard something interesting on The Dan Patrick Show.

Dan Patrick, who's usually pretty solid and accurate when he reports something, said he heard from an NBA source that he trusts, that Lebron tried to orchestrate what would essentially be a trade of owners between the Cavs and Pistons.

He said that Lebron wanted to return to Cleveland, but didn't want to play for Dan Gilbert. So, apparently he wanted the Pistons ownership to take over the Cavs and Dan Gilbert (who's apparently from Michigan) would take over ownership of the Pistons. He also wanted the Pistons ownership to hire Tom Izzo to coach the Cavs when they took over ownership.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dan Patrick, who's usually pretty solid and accurate when reports something, said he heard from an NBA source that he trusts, that Lebron tried to orchestrate what would essentially be a trade of owners between the Cavs and Pistons.

He said that Lebron wanted to return to Cleveland, but didn't want to play for Dan Gilbert. So, apparently he wanted the Pistons ownership to take over the Cavs and Dan Gilbert (who's apparently from Michigan) would take over ownership of the Pistons. He also wanted the Pistons ownership to hire Tom Izzo to coach the Cavs when they took over ownership.

Wow. I agree, DP is a pretty reliable guy.

I wonder if that's what took so long in regards to LeBron making his decision.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I agree, DP is a pretty reliable guy.

I wonder if that's what took so long in regards to LeBron making his decision.

:noidea:

Assuming it happened, and I tend to think it did because I put Dan Patrick just a step below Woj when it comes to credibility, if that request was taken at all seriously by Gilbert and the Pistons ownership, that could explain it.

It also could partially explain why it took so long to get the Wiggins/Love trade to happen. Maybe the Pistons ownership wanted to keep Wiggins?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Assuming it happened, and I tend to think it did because I put Dan Patrick just a step below Woj when it comes to credibility, if that request was taken at all seriously by Gilbert and the Pistons ownership, that could explain it.

It also could partially explain why it took so long to get the Wiggins/Love trade to happen. Maybe the Pistons ownership wanted to keep Wiggins?

I could see Pistons ownership maybe getting on board with the idea, but I can't imagine Gilbert had any intention whatsoever of agreeing. He probably called LeBron's bluff and said "fine, stay in Miami".

What would possibly be in it for him? Even if he did want to - which I don't know why he would - I feel like he has too much ego.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Pistons ownership maybe getting on board with the idea, but I can't imagine Gilbert had any intention whatsoever of agreeing. He probably called LeBron's bluff and said "fine, stay in Miami".

What would possibly be in it for him? Even if he did want to - which I don't know why he would - I feel like he has too much ego.

That may very well be why it didn't happen. I'm sure he probably at least listened and then probably decided "Nah, you can stay in Miami." He knew that he had a future cornerstone in Kyrie and with what folks were saying about Wiggins, figured he already had the Cavs heading in the right direction without Lebron.

As for what would be in it for Gilbert. He goes home to Michigan and owns his "hometown team." Beyond that, I'm not really sure what would be in it for him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the wiggins trade didnt happen becuase it couldnt happen until it did considerng the contracts.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the wiggins trade didnt happen becuase it couldnt happen until it did considerng the contracts.

I'm sure that's part of it, probably even the main reason. But one would think the contracts could have gotten done a little quicker than they did.

If there really was an "ownership trade" being discussed, it would make sense that the potential new owners would want a say in the makeup of the team.

I don't know how much, if any, truth there is to what DP reported. I just know that he's usually pretty solid about what he reports. Also, if it turns out that what he was told was wrong, he'll report that too.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It does seem to be the most likely destination for him, so that's a bonus (unless the Sixers stay put and take him). I think the Sixers need more of a perimeter threat though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dan Patrick, who's usually pretty solid and accurate when he reports something, said he heard from an NBA source that he trusts, that Lebron tried to orchestrate what would essentially be a trade of owners between the Cavs and Pistons.

That's simply an outrageous request if true. Now he's trying to change ownership, not to mention coaches and rosters. Good thing he doesn't lack for ego, lol.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's simply an outrageous request if true. Now he's trying to change ownership, not to mention coaches and rosters. Good thing he doesn't lack for ego, lol.

Yeah, definitely a ballsy request, imo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offseason is nearly here fellas. By Friday Night/Saturday Morning it will be here

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fans will be bragging about just getting a interview because nobody wants to play for a out of touch dinosaur, Pat Riley, or with a headcase destined to play in China, in Whiteside.

Signed,

A guy who's name I can't remember because he vanished like a fart in a windstorm.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather live in Miami from September through May or Boston. EASY decision if you ask me. Not like Boston can beat Lebron even with Hayward. Make the right decision and come to Miami