• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see him going to LA. If he leaves Miami, it would be to a team where he is a lock to start and that team will also need to give him much more money than the Heat. Lakers to be are out of the picture simply because he would be a bench player there.

I could see a team like Brooklyn throwing money at him though.

Brooklyn has to do something. Those trades with the Celtics have been CRIPPLING.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooklyn has to do something. Those trades with the Celtics have been CRIPPLING.

Yep and they should probably stop chasing RFA. They failed several times last year and it kinda ruined their off season.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Porter is on your honorable mention list. I would be willing to bet he gets the biggest contract of the names listed.

As for Waiters, I think it is interesting nobody is questioning why he wasn't successful in his first two stops. Waiters thrives when he is a focal point. In Cleveland, he was picking up scraps beside ball dominant Irving, and he had the same scenario playing with Russ in OKC. It is no coincidence he broke out in Miami where he had more opportunity. Waiters just isn't that good playing a bit role off the ball.

I didn't included Porter on the top 5 because he's been a starter for 2 years. He improved slightly as a player this year, but was still really good last year too, IMO. A pay raise for him was almost a certainty.

The other guys, there was no guarantee. Waiters, Johnson, and Clark were all on one year deals essentially. Johnson and Clark too weren't even guaranteed another contract in the NBA. Waiters was looking like Rashad McCants 2.0, but had a great season. Simmons had a monster post season and strong regular season too. Ingles came on to be a starter for the team and surpassed guys like Burks and Hood for crunch time minutes.

The 5 I listed were guys who at the beginning of the season you would say they could potentially get 8 figures annually, you would have laughed. Now it doesn't seem so far fetched. I think out of all of them Clark is likely to get paid the least and even then I think he'll be a bargain for a team if they can sign him for 8M annually or less.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know how the restricted free agent matching rules work?

Portland is willing to dump two first rounders to rid themselves of one of those ugly contracts.

The Nets signed Crabbe to that horrific deal that the Blazers matched.

Do they have to wait longer than a year to trade for him?

Crabbe is getting 19m and that's a tough contract to swallow.

But, I'd take him over Turner, who the Blazers want to trade, if I were desperate for draft picks.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know how the restricted free agent matching rules work?

Portland is willing to dump two first rounders to rid themselves of one of those ugly contracts.

The Nets signed Crabbe to that horrific deal that the Blazers matched.

Do they have to wait longer than a year to trade for him?

Crabbe is getting 19m and that's a tough contract to swallow.

But, I'd take him over Turner, who the Blazers want to trade, if I were desperate for draft picks.

I don't believe there are any limitations about trading that player beyond the usual 3 month period (or at least I didn't find any with a quick search).

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Hell is Big Shot Rob ripping on Duncan and Ginobili for no reason??

He decides to say that Akeem was 20x the player than Duncan was...

And he would have won 10 rings had Duncan and Ginobili did what they were supposed to do.

I like Horry. I liked his 4th quarter vs Detroit in 2005 even better than the 2001 Kings moment.

But, why is he just blasting Timmy out of the blue.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Hell is Big Shot Rob ripping on Duncan and Ginobili for no reason??

He decides to say that Akeem was 20x the player than Duncan was...

And he would have won 10 rings had Duncan and Ginobili did what they were supposed to do.

I like Horry. I liked his 4th quarter vs Detroit in 2005 even better than the 2001 Kings moment.

But, why is he just blasting Timmy out of the blue.

Yeah I'm convinced he is a retard.

Robert Horry called out Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili for no reason on ESPN

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a man to go after 2 guys who he know would never respond back. True definition of a pussy. He should go play in traffic. Fucking coward.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Demonjoe93 you are good peeps and deserve better.

But, please PUUUHHHLLLLEEEAAASSSEE let this be true!!!

:pound:

Dwight Howard wasn’t happy with how the Atlanta Hawks’ season ended, specifically with him on the bench for fourth quarters against the Wizards.

Well, he’s getting back to work, and he’s hoping to extend his range to the 3-point line next year.

He’s not joking. I promise, he said that.

Howard said: “So, I have this guy in Atlanta that I’ve been working with, and I’ve been working on my 3s. Really trying to add some range to my game, which is gonna be weird for people to see, I guess. They’re used to seeing me in the paint, battling. But in order for me to play longer, I have to expand my game.”

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a man to go after 2 guys who he know would never respond back. True definition of a pussy. He should go play in traffic. Fucking coward.

I knew he was a pussy long before this incident.

If that's not enough, how about when he hit Ainge, his Coach, in the face with a towel?

towelgate.0.jpg

Dude, has rings for days and has hit some big shots. But, he's a piece of shit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dwight Howard wasn’t happy with how the Atlanta Hawks’ season ended, specifically with him on the bench for fourth quarters against the Wizards.

Well, he’s getting back to work, and he’s hoping to extend his range to the 3-point line next year.

Howard said: “So, I have this guy in Atlanta that I’ve been working with, and I’ve been working on my 3s. Really trying to add some range to my game, which is gonna be weird for people to see, I guess. They’re used to seeing me in the paint, battling. But in order for me to play longer, I have to expand my game.”

So is Hassan lol

Hassan Whiteside Tells Fans What He's Been Working On This Offseason

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess they figure if Boogie can do it, they can too...

I don't mind Whiteside working on it but I don't want him to turn into Cousins or Marc Gasol who is shooting 3-5 threes nightly. I would more prefer Hassan to work on a consistent mid range jumper so we can run some pick and pop

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Whiteside working on it but I don't want him to turn into Cousins or Marc Gasol who is shooting 3-5 threes nightly. I would more prefer Hassan to work on a consistent mid range jumper so we can run some pick and pop

It is difficult because post play is essentially dead.

Today's bigs need to be able to hit from 18 feet and in to play effectively in pick and roll. 3 point range isn't essential, but the game is more about skill then ever before.

I will LMAO the first time I see Howard shoot a 3 though. If he takes 100, what will his end of seaosn percentage be? I am betting between 20 -25% tops.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Today's bigs need to be able to hit from 18 feet and in to play effectively in pick and roll. 3 point range isn't essential, but the game is more about skill then ever before.

I will LMAO the first time I see Howard shoot a 3 though. If he takes 100, what will his end of seaosn percentage be? I am betting between 20 -25% tops.

Yeah agree. Hassan does take and hit mid range shots every once in a blue so I can def see him making a 18 footer consistently next year as long as he puts in the necessary work this summer. If he adds that to this game then I can see him increasing his scoring to 20 plus. He avg 17 this year. Add a jumpshot and maybe that 17 turns to 21 or 22 next year.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone watch that Jalen Rose comedy show on ESPN? Surprisingly funny.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol Howard doesn't even have a decent go to post move...and now he's gonna shoot 3's?

That should be very entertaining.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...or, he could accept his role and focus on D and rebounding. Besides, doesn't he need to extend his range to the 15 foot stripe before he worries about the arc? Clown shoes.