• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 offseason/preseason thread

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DTs mauled the inside OL
Particularly Tomlinson, according to Meinke.

"Laken Tomlinson continues to look like the weak link to me. He's been beaten up more than any starting offensive lineman during practices back home, and was easily tossed aside by Cameron Heyward today, before bouncing back in Round 2."

Last edited:

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, the Lions are confirmed wusses.

Steelers press notes that the Lions didn't want to include tackling in the practices, as the Steelers would normally do. In particular, they want to see the 7-shots drill, which is like a series of two point conversion attempts (red zone, short yardage), which seems to be a hit in Pittsburgh. Steelers camp is more rough and tumble than most.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our DL coach is making an impression in Pittsburgh.

James C Wexell @jimwexell
Lions assistants screaming at their players after every play. Giving me a headache.

Chris Bradford @bctbradford
Lions D-line coach Kris Kocurek will need throat lozenge when this is done #loud

Jon Ledyard @ledyardnfldraft
Lions DL coach is a lunatic. Screaming every rep. Such a contrast to Munchak quietly giving pointers to his OL next to him.

Jon Ledyard @ledyardnfldraft
Yes, he's nuts.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the best WR in the league burns him with no safety help and no rush on the QB and this is supposed to mean something?

Ya, it means Slay isn't on the level of the NFLs elite. But we already knew that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Laken Tomlinson continues to look like the weak link to me. He's been beaten up more than any starting offensive lineman during practices back home, and was easily tossed aside by Cameron Heyward today, before bouncing back in Round 2."

Poor Stafford. Gonna be a long year for him.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Stafford. Gonna be a long year for him.

I like the potential of Joe Dahl, if Tomlinson does not pull it together we might have the correct option already on the team. either way a rookie won't help this year, so if Tomlinson does not pull it together then it will be a long year.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it means Slay isn't on the level of the NFLs elite. But we already knew that.

Only you seem to think that. The rest of the world does not feel that way from what I have read. I do think he is a bit over-rated but he is still one of the best in the league. Just not top 3 like many have him rated. That could change this year.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was hoping our new conditioning program would help him. He is small up top. If he does not get under his man he is a revolving door.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the vanilla reference, but not this one.

I want to rename this thread to "Gandy explains some stuff"

I know you googled it, so now you know. I was going off of Fog saying Bueller. Which is the same movie.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only you seem to think that. The rest of the world does not feel that way from what I have read. I do think he is a bit over-rated but he is still one of the best in the league. Just not top 3 like many have him rated. That could change this year.

Nobody in the world has ever once called Slay elite. Cmon OL.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the potential of Joe Dahl, if Tomlinson does not pull it together we might have the correct option already on the team. either way a rookie won't help this year, so if Tomlinson does not pull it together then it will be a long year.

I do too. BQ seems hell bent on over turning our already young OL, including LT. Shocking.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping our new conditioning program would help him. He is small up top. If he does not get under his man he is a revolving door.

Doesn't matter. He's of the highest character. And he's really smart.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. He's of the highest character. And he's really smart.

Top notch human being.

Could use help with his motor.

Literally. His truck is in the shop.

He does not suck at football because he is a nice guy or a smart guy. He just sucks at football. Plenty of rocket scientists in the league who are tops at their positions.

The problem was not that we drafted a decent guy, the problem is he was from a program that did not play high level ball. We drafted him a round earlier than we should have most likely.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody in the world has ever once called Slay elite. Cmon OL.

I work in Minneapolis. Local sports station cites sources rating Slay a top 5 CB i NFL. So maybe top 5 isn't elite? Or they're cherry picking to rile up the local viqueen fans?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does not suck at football because he is a nice guy or a smart guy. He just sucks at football. Plenty of rocket scientists in the league who are tops at their positions.

The problem was not that we drafted a decent guy, the problem is he was from a program that did not play high level ball. We drafted him a round earlier than we should have most likely.
I took him in the second for us in last years Mock.

So, I agree.