• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There goes Connor Cook.

Hard to see this season going well without a quarterback.

It wasn't going to go well with Connor Cook either. Although QB is our most glaring issue, it really isn't one that would solve all of the problems.

Having said that, I was hoping they would grab Cook. They would have had to trade up for him which I thought they might. But then the Raiders grabbed him, which I don't think anyone could have predicted.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after doing some research this CB is actually a really good player and before the injury was in the Top 5. Also He will play this year so its not like one of those Redshirt players Baalke likes. They expect him to be ready by camp. Most think he won't play much but overall should be healthy enough to play this year.

If he's ready for camp, then he can compete for the starting CB opposite of Brock or can play nickel. Niners do have a glut of DB's and safeties. Maybe Bethea will be traded or cut and have Ward or Taart play safety with Reid. Anyways, competition never hurts.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't going to go well with Connor Cook either. Although QB is our most glaring issue, it really isn't one that would solve all of the problems.

Having said that, I was hoping they would grab Cook. They would have had to trade up for him which I thought they might. But then the Raiders grabbed him, which I don't think anyone could have predicted.

Niners are all in with either Gabbert or Kaep at QB. Raiders know that you're only one play away from losing your starting QB. Cook is a good insurance policy in case Carr goes down.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't see the Raiders picking a QB for this draft at all.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There goes Connor Cook.

Hard to see this season going well without a quarterback.

No doubt, but there weren't any good QB's in free agency. Once the Rams and Eagles traded up, we knew we weren't drafting a quality QB prospect.

So what can you do this season? IMO we shouldn't just sit back and throw our hands in the air. We go with our vets and add a QB today. Odds are low this rookie will play, but trying is better than sitting on our hands.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the Raiders picking a QB for this draft at all.

Yeah, I don't think anyone saw it. I guess they wanted a back up like AU_Fever said. None of my Raider fan friends seem to like the pick though. Maybe they can trade him in the future for a QB desperate team. He was the best player left, so maybe they have a plan.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another CB hmmm...I guess we forgot we have the worst offense in the league?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
another CB?

ok if he's our top value, too bad for the current DB's.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another CB huh, i guess Baalke is focusing on the one area he tends to be decent at when drafting

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
can't help think the 49ers and Ravens go after the same players?

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they figure with Chip's offense, there will be a lot of three and out.:L

Actually, I was thinking of that right after I posted. Maybe draft a ton of young defensive talent because we know we will run through a bunch with this offense.

Hopefully our D-Line shows up because these CBs are gonna get a lot of work this year :suds:

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another CB huh? I guess Baalke is sticking to the one position he has drafted and gotten some return with

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There goes Prescott to the Cowboys. Niners must feel really good with Gabbert and Kaep.:gaah::gaah: Why not draft another RB? If Hyde goes down, there's no depth.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but this means his previous picks aren't good.

I know, the entire bs story about our secondary being young and talented and making the next step just ruins that entire narrative. The cowboys just drafted Dak so now we are definitely getting Vernon Adams.