• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sickness appears happy anyway. It appears he loves Redmond unless he is being sarcastic

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate trent baalke. appearntly wining any games this year couldn't be futher from his mind. what a joke.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I am not so sure about. Look how long it took the coaches to finally switch up last year with the biblically awful Pears and Dewey. I'm not saying someone like Thomas is a jewel in hiding, but as I said with Trent Brown (who did show signs last year of being something)....give the guy a chance...especially when the season was no longer salvageable.

Just to get this straight you aren't sure about Martin or Thomas because Trent Brown a different later round pick jumped them on the depth chart to a starter roll, so they could still be starter material because the coaches weren't will to make a move to Trent Brown sooner. You made my case against them for me and Baalke did be trading back into the first round for a guard.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate, and I'm not sure where he thinks he's in any position to say anything. Staley could have been (and probably was) playing with injuries for a lot of last year while Davis had his nuts glued to the couch every Sunday. He is a promising young lineman, but he needs to shut his big dumb mouth...in a major way. He couldn't hold Staleys jock.

He was a promising young lineman, now he's out of the league and no longer a football player.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Baalke were going to take an IR player I would have preferred Jaylon Smith a once in a generation kind of talent,just saying.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate trent baalke. appearntly wining any games this year couldn't be futher from his mind. what a joke.

I'm not worried. Baalke still has a plethora of 5th and 6th round picks. He sure love these 3rd day picks. I can't believe he drafted another DB. Maybe the Niners are planning on playing not just nickel or dime, but maybe 7 DBs at a time.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried. Baalke still has a plethora of 5th and 6th round picks. He sure love these 3rd day picks. I can't believe he drafted another DB. Maybe the Niners are planning on playing not just nickel or dime, but maybe 7 DBs at a time.

I'm not shocked most of the CB's are highly unproven and didn't show a lot last year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
now been reading he is NOT expected to sit out 2016. In fact, Baalke and Will himself are saying ready for TC?!

then i stand corrected, he is not an IR draft pick.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to get this straight you aren't sure about Martin or Thomas because Trent Brown a different later round pick jumped them on the depth chart to a starter roll, so they could still be starter material because the coaches weren't will to make a move to Trent Brown sooner. You made my case against them for me and Baalke did be trading back into the first round for a guard.

By that logic, one can assume that Pears and Devey were simply better than Tiller and Brown simply because they were ahead on some depth chart and started....yet we saw drastic improvement when those two turds were flushed for others. Whether that lasts or not, is anyones guess.

The point is, nobody knows what we have in Thomas (not Martin, since A) I never mentioned him and B) we've all seen how overwhelmed he was) and I won't make any assessment against him or Baalke until his situation is fully resolved - ie he either gets cut, gets traded, gets a legit shot, etc.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saw it better than I did. I see how he is now.

I don't think I saw it any better than anyone else....I just thought Davis' actions as a man was pure cowardice, and speaking from a personal standpoint, if I was a teammate...I'd have a very hard time accepting him back.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading some reports, it looks that this CB Redmond was a guy that might've been a 1st rounder, so there is that positive. He appeared to be a Baalke specialty - ACL - but apparently, he'll be ready to compete in the summer.

However.....if there is the slightest setback, or he goes on the PUP or something.....Baalke may want to look into the witness protection program or something.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now been reading he is NOT expected to sit out 2016. In fact, Baalke and Will himself are saying ready for TC?!

then i stand corrected, he is not an IR draft pick.

Let's hope that he will be ready for training camp. If he is able to play in 2016, then the Niners got a steal. If he redshirts, then Baalke would be better off in a witness protection program.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after doing some research this CB is actually a really good player and before the injury was in the Top 5. Also He will play this year so its not like one of those Redshirt players Baalke likes. They expect him to be ready by camp. Most think he won't play much but overall should be healthy enough to play this year.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There goes Connor Cook.

Hard to see this season going well without a quarterback.