• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the picks and if it is true that the Seahawks had interest in Garnett, then it was a prudent move by Baalke. Maybe Niners can draft a QB in the 4th round with their compensatory pick. Niners did get a 7th rounder from the Chiefs. Kap or Gabbert will be the QB unless something crazy happens and I'm hoping that with a better OL and better coaching, the Niners will improve offensively.
I agree with this.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was reported that SEA was interested in picking Garnett and Baalke jumped the pick in order to land arguably the best OG in the draft. I agree with the move in order to A) stick it to SEA and B) get the guy they coveted that would be an instant starter day 1.

Good draft for the trenches, an area we desperately need help and talent in. If both Buckner and Armstead can put pressure on the QB as 3-4 ends, then we have a huge advantage in the defensive front 7.

To those upset a QB wasn't taken, ask yourself what Goff or Wentz would be able to do behind the current Niner OL.
I agree, It was kind of the same with Cincy Taking that CB who the steelers loved. Seattle and baalke loved this kid. If Im Seattle I take the LSU kid or Nick martin. Yes we grabbed the best OG and the best run blocker. He is good pass blocker but more known for his run blocking. The weird thing is will he be able to block in Kelly system. That is why some experts marked his grade a C or lower. They all said he is talented and should be a starter from Day 1 but does he fit the scheme.

Im a fan of you build your Oline 1st and that is what the 49ers are doing before the take a QB. I think we take a QB in the 4th. No way you take Cook there. Im not going to lie I like Denvers move.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the pick or not, you at least have to conclude that Baalke's strong move to grab Garnett puts the lie to Baalke's happy talk about Brandon Thomas. If they really thought he was going to emerge, they wouldn't have gotten Beedles and then drafted Garnett. Thomas at this point is either a backup or off the roster entirely.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the pick or not, you at least have to conclude that Baalke's strong move to grab Garnett puts the lie to Baalke's happy talk about Brandon Thomas. If they really thought he was going to emerge, they wouldn't have gotten Beedles and then drafted Garnett. Thomas at this point is either a backup or off the roster entirely.
So true on the Thomas statement. I think we can now say BUST and its nice to see Baalke some what own up to it by making a 1st rd pick at Guard.

I dont know about you guys but I like our Oline and IF some magic way we can get AD to play and be a team player this Oline can be very good next year.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, It was kind of the same with Cincy Taking that CB who the steelers loved. Seattle and baalke loved this kid. If Im Seattle I take the LSU kid or Nick martin. Yes we grabbed the best OG and the best run blocker. He is good pass blocker but more known for his run blocking. The weird thing is will he be able to block in Kelly system. That is why some experts marked his grade a C or lower. They all said he is talented and should be a starter from Day 1 but does he fit the scheme.

Im a fan of you build your Oline 1st and that is what the 49ers are doing before the take a QB. I think we take a QB in the 4th. No way you take Cook there. Im not going to lie I like Denvers move.

I think Cook will be gone in the 2nd round and no later than the 3rd round. Maybe Prescott in the 4th round.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cook will be gone in the 2nd round and no later than the 3rd round. Maybe Prescott in the 4th round.
Yeah Im thinking Prescott or Hogan now in the 4th.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get the gist of this post and obviously ok with it.

but want to comment on the SEC part........i never got it when someone (this isn't the first one) stereotypes an entire conference? The draft is really about individual prospects.

What conference that individual played in DOES matter, but this is different than steotyping an entire conference.

I'm not stereotyping the entire conference they haven't produced many good QB's lately and any they have were 1st rounders.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so disgusted. I guess the plan is to continue scoring 14 points a game. Not saying we don't need OL help,but we have the two worse Qbs in the league and they aren't getting any better. I have a hard time seeing us win more then 1 game next season.

There is no guarantee Paxton Lynch would solve the problem. If you want a franchise QB you have to trade into the top spot to get one.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no guarantee Paxton Lynch would solve the problem. If you want a franchise QB you have to trade into the top spot to get one.
I do like the Lynch move and I think Denver thought the 49ers would move up to grab him. I like his upside. Denver is stuck with Mark (butt fumble) Sanchez for at least 1 year.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably Hogan Kelly loves Pac12 guys

I think he will be more than a serviceable QB in the NFL and will turn some heads. His mentality reminds me of Steve Young a bit...a leader with a bit of fire and respected by his teammates...that coupled with the fact that he ran a pro style offense in a very competitive conference doesn't hurt either.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be more than a serviceable QB in the NFL and will turn some heads. His mentality reminds me of Steve Young a bit...a leader with a bit of fire and respected by his teammates...that coupled with the fact that he ran a pro style offense in a very competitive conference doesn't hurt either.
Very true. I mean the guy is talented. I think he does everything well just nothing great and that is why he isnt highly rated compared to the others. He can play in the NFL. Again dont know if he can be a franchise QB or a serviceable NFL QB. Worst case a good back up.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to draft on the way home. After Stanley was gone, was good with the pick. Had Baalke taken Jack with #7, I would have been pissed. The drafting of the Stanford kid is an indictment of Martin and Thomas that Baalke doesn't really see them as future starters.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to draft on the way home. After Stanley was gone, was good with the pick. Had Baalke taken Jack with #7, I would have been pissed. The drafting of the Stanford kid is an indictment of Martin and Thomas that Baalke doesn't really see them as future starters.

No one has seen them as future starters so unless he's blind he couldn't view them that way either.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has seen them as future starters so unless he's blind he couldn't view them that way either.

Coming out of college, but Martin and Thomas were seen as top NFL prospects before injuries. Martin has healed up but he just hasn't gotten it thus far. Doubt he ever will. Thomas is still a mystery.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming out of college, but Martin and Thomas were seen as top NFL prospects before injuries. Martin has healed up but he just hasn't gotten it thus far. Doubt he ever will. Thomas is still a mystery.

Since they've been a part of the 49ers program they haven't been starter material and that has been obvious.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we're drafting QB unless it's a 5th to 7th round pick. It just doesn't make much sense anymore with Kaep and Gabbert still on the team. If we draft someone it means we'll be carrying 3 QB's this year. We should just use our picks to fill all of the other needs and see how it plays out with Kaep and Gabb under Kelly this year.

I mean Kelly did make Nick Foles look like one of the best QB's in football for a season. Where is Foles now? riding the bench on his way out of the league.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and Im happy that baalke finally sees it and is willing to draft at that position.