• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Draft

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Important notes on the 2015 draft.

The Flyers do not have a 2nd round draft pick because of the deal for MacDonald.
The Flyers do not have their 3rd round pick, they have San Jose's as a result of trading theirs in the Steve Mason deal and getting San Jose's in the Tye McGinn deal.

This is a very good draft. Not just McDavid and Eichel but the potential for up to 10 players stepping right into the NHL with many many being only one or two years away. When a deep draft comes along your organization needs to have picks in hand. Not having a 2nd and a 3rd that is not going to be as high as the one that the Flyers will "earn" hurts the long term health of the organization. The need to not only shed contracts but also add picks. Any and all deals MUST bring back picks, maybe even to the exclusion of bringing back players.

IMHO.

Links to Scouting Reports
Oilers Nation:how good is site:oilersnation.com - Google Search

NKI's top 120: nki's 2015 top 120 and scouting resource - HFBoards

Bob Mackenzie's Top 60: McDavid the unanimous No. 1 in TSN's mid-season ranking - Article - TSN

Craig Button Mock Draft: McDavid No. 1 in Button's mock draft - Article - TSN

Craig's Final List: Craig's List - Final Ranking - Article - TSN

ISS Top 30: ISS Hockey - International Scouting Services

Mock Draft: 2015 NHL Mock Draft - NHL - DraftSite.com

WHL Rankings: Dub From Above: Final WHL Rankings - 2015 NHL Draft

Sportsnet: Sportsnet's Top 30 NHL Draft Prospects - Sportsnet.ca

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Flyers do not have a 2nd round draft pick because of the deal for MacDonald.
The Flyers do not have their 3rd round pick, they have San Jose's as a result of trading theirs in the Steve Mason deal and getting San Jose's in the Tye McGinn deal.

This is a very good draft. Not just McDavid and Eichel but the potential for up to 10 players stepping right into the NHL with many many being only one or two years away. When a deep draft comes along your organization needs to have picks in hand. Not having a 2nd and a 3rd that is not going to be as high as the one that the Flyers will "earn" hurts the long term health of the organization. The need to not only shed contracts but also add picks. Any and all deals MUST bring back picks, maybe even to the exclusion of bringing back players.

IMHO.

Agree 100%

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep they need to move a few guys and get picks in return - and honestly I don't think they'll be much worse if they trade those guys - might actually improve somewhat

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers do have two 4th round picks.

I just remember when the Phantoms were better than some NHL teams as a result of multiple drafts where they actually retained their picks and picked wisely and or used their later round depth picks to their advantage in trades.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with the first pick the 2015 draft Philadelphia Flyers pick Conner McDavid.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside the big two I'd be happy with any of Marner, Barzal, Konecny, or Strome. On defense Kylington and Roy might be tempting but I want a skilled center

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside the big two I'd be happy with any of Marner, Barzal, Konecny, or Strome. On defense Kylington and Roy might be tempting but I want a skilled center

Draft best available player - don't reach for certain positions

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft best available player - don't reach for certain positions

If we have an opportunity to take any of them I'll be happy. They can really go in any order so I can't see any being considered a reach

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with best available player. That was how they got Gagne and Giroux. heck, that is how they got Laughton and Couturier as well.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with best available player. That was how they got Gagne and Giroux. heck, that is how they got Laughton and Couturier as well.

And if you have a surplus at a position then you can trade later

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So reading more about the draft today..

Like Marner and Kylington for the range the Flyers are looking at. Like them both quite a bit.

Also if they can find a 2nd round pick, Dennis Yan seems like a good choice.

If the season ended today, going by points percentage, the flyers would pick 6th.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So reading more about the draft today..

Like Marner and Kylington for the range the Flyers are looking at. Like them both quite a bit.

Also if they can find a 2nd round pick, Dennis Yan seems like a good choice.

If the season ended today, going by points percentage, the flyers would pick 6th.

If you had the number one would you trade it for the 6th and Braydon Schenn?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had the number one would you trade it for the 6th and Braydon Schenn?

I wouldn't trade the 1st pick this year to the Flyers unless I was getting Giroux.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMHO.

Thank you for reminding me. If its at all possible, I dislike A Mac even more.:gaah::gaah::gaah:

The gift that keeps giving.:bawling::bawling:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww yes baby. Best thread of the year is stickied.

I want Marner. Somedays I'm intrigued by the idea of going full defensive juggernaut and drafting Kylington, Werenski, Roy, or even having Hanifin possibly fall Seth Jones style, but we really need a skilled forwrd to go along with the defensive prospects.

Don't worry though, we will end up picking Lawson Crouse.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww yes baby. Best thread of the year is stickied.

I want Marner. Somedays I'm intrigued by the idea of going full defensive juggernaut and drafting Kylington, Werenski, Roy, or even having Hanifin possibly fall Seth Jones style, but we really need a skilled forwrd to go along with the defensive prospects.

Don't worry though, we will end up picking Lawson Crouse.

as usual (I think?) we are on the same page.. Lawson Crouse scares the bejesus out of me. I don't want the Flyers to pick him. He's got JvR except maybe less raw skill, written all over him to me. Long developing project that is a high prospect mostly because he has the size and desire to be a top 6 winger, not because he has the skill. Also storming up the draft rankings late in the year, I don't like it.

He's got Flyers pick written all over him though. Big, physical, and a LW which is a position of need. Should go where the Flyers will be picking.

Marner and Kylington rise above the rest to me. Both primarily speed and skill guys, and not woefully undersized. I think I'd prefer Marner due to the derth of offensive prospects, but I don't think they'd be wrong picking Kylington. From the reviews I've read, I think Roy is a little too one dimensional. Werenski was one of the most noticeable Americans in the WJC games I watched. In a good way.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as usual (I think?) we are on the same page.. Lawson Crouse scares the bejesus out of me. I don't want the Flyers to pick him. He's got JvR except maybe less raw skill, written all over him to me. Long developing project that is a high prospect mostly because he has the size and desire to be a top 6 winger, not because he has the skill. Also storming up the draft rankings late in the year, I don't like it.

He's got Flyers pick written all over him though. Big, physical, and a LW which is a position of need. Should go where the Flyers will be picking.

Marner and Kylington rise above the rest to me. Both primarily speed and skill guys, and not woefully undersized. I think I'd prefer Marner due to the derth of offensive prospects, but I don't think they'd be wrong picking Kylington. From the reviews I've read, I think Roy is a little too one dimensional. Werenski was one of the most noticeable Americans in the WJC games I watched. In a good way.

I've heard Mitch Marner could probably be top five - you think there's any chance the Flyers trade up if they really like a guy or is the draft too deep to be trading up that way?