• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Draft

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as usual (I think?) we are on the same page.. Lawson Crouse scares the bejesus out of me. I don't want the Flyers to pick him. He's got JvR except maybe less raw skill, written all over him to me. Long developing project that is a high prospect mostly because he has the size and desire to be a top 6 winger, not because he has the skill. Also storming up the draft rankings late in the year, I don't like it.

He's got Flyers pick written all over him though. Big, physical, and a LW which is a position of need. Should go where the Flyers will be picking.

Marner and Kylington rise above the rest to me. Both primarily speed and skill guys, and not woefully undersized. I think I'd prefer Marner due to the derth of offensive prospects, but I don't think they'd be wrong picking Kylington. From the reviews I've read, I think Roy is a little too one dimensional. Werenski was one of the most noticeable Americans in the WJC games I watched. In a good way.

I mean Crouse is a fine pick from the little I know but there should be much more appropriate players available. To be fair the Flyers have made me suicidal in the 1st round for three years but I end up liking the pick.

Marner is certainly my guy. Kylington is a fine fall back. Roy might be a bit redundant with Ghost, but I can't complain about super skilled defensemen. I forget where but I saw someone compare Hanifin and Werenski to Jones and Trouba, where one guy steals the hype. Not sure how their styles compare but I love Trouba and would glady draft a similar player.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard Mitch Marner could probably be top five - you think there's any chance the Flyers trade up if they really like a guy or is the draft too deep to be trading up that way?

He seems to have fallen a few spots in the later updates, couple of note:

Button - 3rd
ISS - 9th
Future Considerations - 6th
Damien Cox - 6th
Bob McKenzie - 9th

So I think he could be around when the Flyers pick. I also don't think it's out of the question the Flyers pick in the top 5. The Canes, Oilers, and Sabres are definitely, without question, worse than the Flyers, but after that I don't know if there's anyone that will definitely pick ahead of them.

I don't think I'd trade up in this draft. I think most picks in the 1st round will turn in to productive NHL-ers from what people say. Not sure what the Flyers would do, they obviously have a history of doing it when they really like someone. Better chance he's available when they pick than them trading up for him I think. If they trade up they'll blow everything up and get in the top 2 I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Crouse is a fine pick from the little I know but there should be much more appropriate players available. To be fair the Flyers have made me suicidal in the 1st round for three years but I end up liking the pick.

Marner is certainly my guy. Kylington is a fine fall back. Roy might be a bit redundant with Ghost, but I can't complain about super skilled defensemen. I forget where but I saw someone compare Hanifin and Werenski to Jones and Trouba, where one guy steals the hype. Not sure how their styles compare but I love Trouba and would glady draft a similar player.

This is true. I still don't love the Morin pick TBH. I REALLY wanted Pulock (12g, 5 assists in 29 games in the AHL this season). But Sanheim seems like he was a dynamite pick and obviously Laughton is looking like a fine pick.

Just don't like Crouse from what I've read about him. But I've never seen him play :lol:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How cool would it be to win the lottery?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank God Homer is gone. He would have traded the 1st pick for Sergei Gonchar and then given him an 8 year $65,000,000.00 contract with a full NMC.:doh:

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be cool...but unlikely sad to say.
It would give the Flyers incredible flexibility at Center. They could move either Laughton or Couturier to get more assets.

I have the feeling that they will be a top 5 pick which in this draft will still be awfully good, just not generational.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be cool...but unlikely sad to say.
It would give the Flyers incredible flexibility at Center. They could move either Laughton or Couturier to get more assets.

I have the feeling that they will be a top 5 pick which in this draft will still be awfully good, just not generational.

I don't think they need a generational talent to get over the top, sure it would be great but I think we already have two superstars in G and Jake - we need depth more than anything

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems to have fallen a few spots in the later updates, couple of note:

Button - 3rd
ISS - 9th
Future Considerations - 6th
Damien Cox - 6th
Bob McKenzie - 9th

So I think he could be around when the Flyers pick. I also don't think it's out of the question the Flyers pick in the top 5. The Canes, Oilers, and Sabres are definitely, without question, worse than the Flyers, but after that I don't know if there's anyone that will definitely pick ahead of them.

I don't think I'd trade up in this draft. I think most picks in the 1st round will turn in to productive NHL-ers from what people say. Not sure what the Flyers would do, they obviously have a history of doing it when they really like someone. Better chance he's available when they pick than them trading up for him I think.
If they trade up they'll blow everything up and get in the top 2 I think.

The Flyers still have a half of a season left. Heck, it's not out of the question they could fall with the 2nd or 3rd pick. Injuries have killed this team, followed by players possibly giving up on Berube. Mason is still out. Razor has been aweful. My gut thinks we will fall anywhere between 3-7 in the draft.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers still have a half of a season left. Heck, it's not out of the question they could fall with the 2nd or 3rd pick. Injuries have killed this team, followed by players possibly giving up on Berube. Mason is still out. Razor has been aweful. My gut thinks we will fall anywhere between 3-7 in the draft.

I dunno - I just don't see how they fall all the way to 2nd or 3rd overall unless G and or Jake get hurt - with those two guys they'll run into some wins

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as injured as they are, Giroux and Voracek alone make them better than the Canes, sabres, and oilers. I don't see how they aren't the top 3 picks.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As long as the Flyers aren't having attendance/financial issues, the league fix will always go to another franchise much more at risk. (Yes, I DO honestly believe the draft is fixed).

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My man right now.

Currently has 7 points in 16 games in the 2nd Swedish league.
Not bad for a 17 year old defenseman against men

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now we pick at 7. I don't see us going below 5 but 7 would not surprise me at all.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now we pick at 7. I don't see us going below 5 but 7 would not surprise me at all.

Buffalo, Arizona, Edmonton, Carolina. These 4 are locks. It's a crap shoot between NJ, Philly, and Toronto IMO? Does this sound about correct?

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most frightening thing to read/hear about a player is "we project him as". Or, "we would like to see him". What that means is "He isn't what we really need, or should have drafted, but we are going to try to make him fit in".

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who this draft's "locker room hand grenade" is going to be?

Evander Kane had red flags in his draft year. So did PK Subban. Subban grew out of them. It is yet to be seen if Kane can or will.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need another hand grenade. We already have one in Rinaldo.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers now have a 2nd round draft pick. It won't be in the 30 - 35 range, but still top 60.
If Chicago does make the finals and Kimmo does play in half of their games we get a 2nd in next years pick as well. Worst case a 4th in next years.

.... More picks please.....