• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

:: 2014 NHL Draft Thread ::

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I like him a lot too

I like Alex Tuch as well, he's already big and strong and could be a force up the middle

One analysis:

"Milano played on a line with Eichel and Tuch all season and the trio...also played in the U18’s as a line. The chemistry these three had is undeniable, but after watching the U18’s it looked more and more like Tuch is a passenger for two high-end talents."

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One analysis:

"Milano played on a line with Eichel and Tuch all season and the trio...also played in the U18’s as a line. The chemistry these three had is undeniable, but after watching the U18’s it looked more and more like Tuch is a passenger for two high-end talents."

Hmm interesting - I've seen some differing opinions on Alex Tuch - some people really like him and some others don't

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm interesting - I've seen some differing opinions on Alex Tuch - some people really like him and some others don't

I think the 3 prospects I've seen the most divided reports on are Tuch, Perlini and Kapanen. They seem to be love 'em or hate 'em players.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like power-forward types with any questions surrounding them. Among forward prospects, they seem to be the most difficult to project. Which makes sense, if you're bigger than everyone you play with, it's easy to be bold and drive the net. When they get to the NHL and don't have that size advantage, will they still have the cajones to drive the net hard?

I'd love to get Kapanen if he's available. If he's anything like he's dad he'll be a very versatile and useful player with an enormous heart. One of my all time favorite flyers.

Of what I've read I think my list is:
1. Kapenen
2. Virtanen
3. Milano

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like power-forward types with any questions surrounding them. Among forward prospects, they seem to be the most difficult to project. Which makes sense, if you're bigger than everyone you play with, it's easy to be bold and drive the net. When they get to the NHL and don't have that size advantage, will they still have the cajones to drive the net hard?

I'd love to get Kapanen if he's available. If he's anything like he's dad he'll be a very versatile and useful player with an enormous heart. One of my all time favorite flyers.

Of what I've read I think my list is:
1. Kapenen
2. Virtanen
3. Milano

My favorites are:
1) Ivan Barbashev
2) Sonny Milano
3) Robby Fabbri

Those are guys that could be available when the Flyers pick, I'm not going with guys who will go much earlier

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perlini, Fabbri, Kapanen, Milano, Virtanen, Ritchie, and Vrana are all guys I'd be happy with. The Flyers will really have to try in order to disappoint me

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perlini, Fabbri, Kapanen, Milano, Virtanen, Ritchie, and Vrana are all guys I'd be happy with. The Flyers will really have to try in order to disappoint me

I'm not a fan of Perlini, he seems like the type that the Leafs would draft - a big guy who ends up flaming out, same thing with Nick Ritchie

The other guys I'm good with though

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of Perlini, he seems like the type that the Leafs would draft - a big guy who ends up flaming out, same thing with Nick Ritchie

The other guys I'm good with though

Although Perlini's knock seems to be that he is soft a big body finisher just seems too tempting to pass up. Again that is why I like the sound of Ritchie.

Fabbri is still my #1 want that is semi-realistic. I've seen next to nothing of him but he sounds a bit Giroux-esque. That my be totally wrong though.

In the end we need a skilled forward in the pipeline currently, so I'll be happy with whoever fits the bill.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN Insider. Just confirms what we've already been saying:

Philadelphia Flyers

Strengths: The Flyers' strongest area of young players is at center, with NHLers Sean Couturier and Brayden Schenn to couple with first-round pick Scott Laughton, who likely makes next year's team. Couturier likely ends up the best of that bunch. They're not great at defense, but they're fine in that area. Robert Hagg is talented, Shayne Gostisbehere had had a huge season in the NCAA and Sam Morin is a big, toolsy defender even if I wasn't a fan of him going top 15 in 2013.
Weaknesses: Outside of the NHL, the Flyers really lack any top-end prospects. Laughton is a good player, but he doesn't project onto a top line. On the wing, they could certainly use some help. Taylor Leier is a fine prospect and free-agent signing Petr Straka is interesting, but they could use a lot more.
Recommended strategy: Ideally, the Flyers should be looking to take a skilled forward with their top pick (No. 17), and since Couturier and Laughton are both two-way forwards, adding a high-offense winger would be a welcome addition to the organization. Given where they pick and how the board likely plays out, the best player available will likely be a forward, unless Haydn Fleury somehow manages to fall. The Flyers are good on defense, but not so strong that they should pass on Fleury if he's still there.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only Milano I'm interested in is not named Sony..:rollseyes:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody going to the draft?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the flyers absolutely should not trade for the 1st overall pick.

Top line forward, Top pair dman, and a 1st round pick for an 18 year old dman that's never played a professional game in his life. No thank you.

It reminds of how much the Flyers gave up for Lindros twenty something years ago. Gave up a ton. I'm with you.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody going to the draft?

I'm not. After getting financially raped at the Winter Classic, I refuse to give another dime for anything beyond regular games.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKenzie's rankings are about to be released.