• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

:: 2014 NHL Draft Thread ::

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the flyers will stay at 17. the hockey draft isn't nearly as fluid as say the NFL draft. teams don't trade up and back all that often. lots of trades go down, but it's not like '1st and a 3rd to move up 3 spots'.

they shouldn't move Coburn. they're already somewhat weak on defense and there's nobody that's going to replace Coburn anywhere near the flyers organization right now.

I think if they move vinny it will be for like a 3rd round pick and retaining some of his salary.

I say stand pat and draft at 17. skilled forwards that can skate seem to be in abundance at that spot and IMO that's what the flyers need most.

I think for the Flyers it's about gaining more inventory, so adding a good, skilled forward at 17 will help the cupboard - you're always trying to get better because once the first batch of young players make it to the Flyers, now you have to restock the cupboard

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the flyers will stay at 17. the hockey draft isn't nearly as fluid as say the NFL draft. teams don't trade up and back all that often. lots of trades go down, but it's not like '1st and a 3rd to move up 3 spots'.

they shouldn't move Coburn. they're already somewhat weak on defense and there's nobody that's going to replace Coburn anywhere near the flyers organization right now.

I think if they move vinny it will be for like a 3rd round pick and retaining some of his salary.

I say stand pat and draft at 17. skilled forwards that can skate seem to be in abundance at that spot and IMO that's what the flyers need most.

I would like to stay at 17 and get a solid forward or a good forward that may drop. I would however not mind if we got rid of Vinny for say a 5th or a 6th and not have to eat up any cap money. Think that is doable?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to stay at 17 and get a solid forward or a good forward that may drop. I would however not mind if we got rid of Vinny for say a 5th or a 6th and not have to eat up any cap money. Think that is doable?

I think the biggest handicap is that the Flyers are limited to dealing with teams that Vinny is willing to go to, since he has a full NMC and would have to waive in order to be dealt. That probably takes away most of the leverage the Flyers would have in making a deal.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest handicap is that the Flyers are limited to dealing with teams that Vinny is willing to go to, since he has a full NMC and would have to waive in order to be dealt. That probably takes away most of the leverage the Flyers would have in making a deal.

Those dam NMC's are hurting us again. :doh: I hope Hexi does away with them totally.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig Button's list

2013-14 Craig's List

He had us taking Morin last year. This year it is Brayden Point who I know nothing about.

Virtanen and McKeown both are in the second round. If we got either one of them with our 1st I'd be happy, let alone stealing one in the 2nd.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking McKeown today.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now it is Perlini.

19 days.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

COMPENSATORY MESZAROS PICK LIKELY TO BE A THIRD-ROUNDER

When the Flyers traded defenseman Andrej Meszaros to the Boston Bruins at the trade deadline, they received a conditional 2014 Draft pick. The default pick acquired would be the Bruins' third-round pick (86th overall). There was also a series of conditions whereby the Flyers would instead receive Boston's second-round pick (56th overall).

Most of these conditions have since gone by the wayside: The Bruins did not reach the Eastern Conference Finals and Meszaros only dressed in four playoff games (he would have had to dress in at least two-thirds of Boston's postseason games).

The only remaining possibility for getting the 56th overall pick would be if the Bruins were to re-sign impending unrestricted free agent Meszaros to a new contract before the NHL Draft. In all likelihood, that will not happen. Boston was not satisfied with Meszaros' overall play despite the five points in he posted in 14 regular season games and two assists in four playoff tilts.

Boston probably will not re-sign Meszaros at all. As such, the final condition of the trade (if the Bruins re-sign Meszaros for next season at some point after the Draft, the Flyers would pick up the Bruins' 2015 fourth-round pick in addition to the 2014 third round pick).

In addition to likely picking up the 86th overall pick of the draft, the Flyers own the 17th (first round), 48th (second round), 138th (fifth round), 168th (sixth round) and 198th (seventh round) selections.

The Flyers do not hold their own third round or fourth round picks in this year's Draft. Both are now held by the New York Islanders. The third rounder went to New York (along with a 2015 second rounder) in the Andrew MacDonald deal. The fourth round pick was traded in the Mark Streit deal last June.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for one of these 5 forwards, at least one of whom should still be there at 17:

Brendan Perlini
Adrian Kempe
Nick Ritchie
Ivan Barbashev
Dylan Larkin

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Perlini is still there at 17 I'd be shocked. Thrilled, but shocked.

Yeah, he is a reach. I feel like off the "top" wingers Perlini, Virtanen, Ehlers, and Ritchie I've seen Perlini drop the most. Still, I'm not counting on it.

Besides, today was more McKeown anyway :D

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So right now the Flyers have the following picks:

1st round: 17th
2nd round: 48th
3rd round: 86th
4th round: NONE
5th round: 138th
6th round: 168th
7th round: 198th

I'd like to see the Flyers possibly move Nicklas Grossmann or someone like that for a 3rd or 4th round pick - I'm sure there are some teams who might not mind giving up a 3rd or a 4th for him

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love for the Flyers to get their 3rd round pick back somehow and draft this guy:

NHL Draft War Room: Miles Gendron

His skating is incredible

He looks real promising. I'd take a flyer on him for sure. Flyers are in a good spot to take chances on high ceiling high risk guys IMO. Especially after the first round.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks real promising. I'd take a flyer on him for sure. Flyers are in a good spot to take chances on high ceiling high risk guys IMO. Especially after the first round.

Yep

And pardon what I said earlier, the Flyers have their 3rd round pick, it's the 4th that they don't have

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW they just edited this again today, they have Sonny Milano at 17:

2014 NHL Mock Draft | 2014 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

i really like Milano. I think he's the kind of guy that could be really helpful on the 2nd line with schenn and Simmonds. Possession style guy with lots of creativity. it wouldn't be a line you'd trust in any defensive situation, but it would be very dangerous offensively I think.

(not that I think Milano would be ready for the NHL, just thinking in the future)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really like Milano. I think he's the kind of guy that could be really helpful on the 2nd line with schenn and Simmonds. Possession style guy with lots of creativity. it wouldn't be a line you'd trust in any defensive situation, but it would be very dangerous offensively I think.

(not that I think Milano would be ready for the NHL, just thinking in the future)

Yeah I like him a lot too

I like Alex Tuch as well, he's already big and strong and could be a force up the middle