• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Chicago Cubs season thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early lineup
Alcantara CF
Baez 2B
Rizzo
Castro
Ruggiano RF
Valbuena 3B
Castillo
Lake LF
Woody

Giving Javy some protection

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont panic, I was listening to the radio last night and the usual pain in the ass on 87.7 the game brought up the AAA managers comments of "Javy has become a better team mate". Said, Javy is a big fan of Javy, and it taken to be borderline arrogant instead of overly confident.

I'm curious on who the pain in the ass is.

Are you talking about Kap?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could be planning on releasing Brett Jackson. He's 26 and is probably never going to be back in the majors. They could also DFA Valaika, who is just a stopgap utility guy. They have some options even if they can't work a trade out.

Kinda agree on Valaika, seems they didnt want to start Javy in the bright lights of LA. Still kinda short an infielder tho, mainly a third baseman if Valbuena goes down. Alcantara can come in to second or short and or Javy to short if castro leaves the game, just dont think they want Javy at third even in an emergency so I think Valaika might be safe for a while, at least til Bryant comes up or Olt returns. I guess Junior can move back to the infield if necessary too, got one play at third base in a wild shift earlier in the year when he came in from center to play third.

Definitely exciting to at least think about the options..

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious on who the pain in the ass is.

Are you talking about Kap?

No Kap is the pain in the ass in the morning.

Carmen and Conner are on between 7-10, dont really know which is which.

The only thing I agree with Kap on is the love for the cubbies and that Cutler is not worth his deal lol.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Kap is the pain in the ass in the morning.

Carmen and Conner are on between 7-10, dont really know which is which.

The only thing I agree with Kap on is the love for the cubbies and that Cutler is not worth his deal lol.

Kap's morning show is now even televised.

I don't mind Kaplan, he's much better than Boers or Bernstein over at 670

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap's morning show is now even televised.

I don't mind Kaplan, he's much better than Boers or Bernstein over at 670

He just is too arrogant for me. Back when they started, they got to a top 5 movies of all time. Five favorite movies. His list got to at least 30.

They get some good guests, Eddie O always finds a way to take jabs at kaplan, jed is on quite a bit, I just wish he would tone it down a little. Mainly just listen to Brandmeier in the morning until I get around to turning off the radio in the shop.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just is too arrogant for me. Back when they started, they got to a top 5 movies of all time. Five favorite movies. His list got to at least 30.

They get some good guests, Eddie O always finds a way to take jabs at kaplan, jed is on quite a bit, I just wish he would tone it down a little. Mainly just listen to Brandmeier in the morning until I get around to turning off the radio in the shop.

Speaking of Brandmeier, I do like to listen to Garry Meier when I get the chance.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got to see all his at bats, you can see where hitting coaches dont want to mess with that bat speed, but a goal is probably shortening that swing with two strikes. Nice play by the gold glove third baseman, rocket to right, 3 k's and a Javy Bomb.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turner is interesting. A former top 20 prospect with good stuff. Hopefully, they can work out something without giving up anything significant. Maybe Lake for Turner.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Hamels be the top of the first top of the rotation arm for the Cubs?

@thekapman: Very interesting report out of Philly. @MikeMiss975 says 1 team that put in claim on Cole Hamels was Cubs. #BacktoworkIgo.

I'd love to get Hamels, but the reported packages they were asking for at the trade deadline make me think there is no chance anything happens. Given the contract Hamels has I just don't see giving up someone significant like Bryant, Russell, Soler, Almora, Pierce Johnson, Tseng or C.J. Edwards. Hamels contract is pretty much for what he is worth. If the Phillies want someone like Vogelbach, Amaya, Candelario or McKinny I'd do that to secure a 4 fWAR pitcher without having to fight for one in FA. Oh, and looking at the Hamels contract he also can veto a trade to the Cubs.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baez goes deep twice today.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Hendricks with another good outing. Baez goes off, 3-4, 2 HR, 4 RBI. Castro threw in a HR for good measure. Cubs win with Rizzo having the day off. That light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer.

Arrieta, Hendricks and Wood are a strong 3-5 in the rotation. Rizzo, Castro, Alcantara, Baez and Castillo are a good chunk of a good offense and defense. When Soler, Bryant and Russell arrive things should progress quickly. Valbuena, Coghlan and Ruggiano is the start of a strong bench.

Off-season needs are pitching. Hopefully, they can work something out for Hamels, but I expect them to continue to ask for insane packages like was reported at the deadline, and there is no way you give up something like Russell, Soler and Almora, which would be similar to what they were wanting from the Dodgers. Sign Lester and/or Scherzer this off-season as a top of the rotation arm and/or trade for one/two. If the Reds decide to rebuild, which has been mentioned, Latos and Cueto would be very nice at the top of the rotation. I'd give up a nice package for them, assuming I could work out extensions beforehand.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a chance philly wanted out of that 96 million. They talk about moving Hamels constantly. It was worth the claim, kick the tires, see what was on their mind. Ultimately, for now the cubs kept him away from st louis and milwaukee. Gotta start lining up the division foes pitching strength too.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great reporting by Buster, lol. Philly was supposedly asking LA for Joc Pederson, Julio Urias and Corey Seager so to ask for something similar from the Cubs would be Russell, Soler and Almora. There is no way Philly is going to get anywhere near that for Hamels. Not with the contract he has. If Philly were serious about moving him I'm sure a deal could be reached, but they are not going to take a reasonable offer.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3