• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Off Season

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the Rob Scuderi reports are true (I thought a chance of that, but then thought Gill would be a cheaper, albeit less talented stay at home defenseman)... then I fully expect a trade involving Nisky... if the reports are true, about 3 million per, I wonder what the term would be.

(And welcome other Pens fans... it gets lonely on the team site, most folks post on the main board).

Also, no chance Morrow, Iggy, or Murray are playing for the Pens... there are plenty of teams that can win the cup, and that can get paid a fair value for there services... also, Iggy showed no board presence... he would not be a good fit... Pens need sand paper... and he wouldn't provide it... Morrow, also too much money, would be a better fit.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I penguin trade will be coming sooner rather than later. Either Nisky or Orpik... or I guess, Paul Martin.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rob Scuderi reports are true (I thought a chance of that, but then thought Gill would be a cheaper, albeit less talented stay at home defenseman)... then I fully expect a trade involving Nisky... if the reports are true, about 3 million per, I wonder what the term would be.

(And welcome other Pens fans... it gets lonely on the team site, most folks post on the main board).

Also, no chance Morrow, Iggy, or Murray are playing for the Pens... there are plenty of teams that can win the cup, and that can get paid a fair value for there services... also, Iggy showed no board presence... he would not be a good fit... Pens need sand paper... and he wouldn't provide it... Morrow, also too much money, would be a better fit.

100% Bylsma's fault, he put Iginla in a position to fail and he did.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
100% Bylsma's fault, he put Iginla in a position to fail and he did.

100% disagree with the statement... playing right or left wing (or center or either defensive position) shouldn't matter during a one-on-one battle along the boards... He simply got outplayed...

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Who's going to go:

1.) Martin
2.) Orpik
3.) Nisky

For team talent, Nisky... for cap space (and better return) Martin.

Who do you folks have?

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm really starting to think Paul Martin will be the one trade... looking at capgeek, his 5 million will look good off the books.

Scuds-Letang
Orpik-Nisky/Despres
Bortuzzo-Despres/Nisky
Engo

Try to extend Orpik (very similar cap hit), not resign Nisky next year.
Scuds-Letang
Orpik-Despres
Bortuzzo-(Dumoulin/Harrington/Samuelson)

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why trade Martin and keep Niskanen, I don't get that sentiment. You are keeping a clearly inferior player to save an extra 2.5 million.

Who are they going to use that 2.5 million on to upgrade the team more than Paul Martin would?

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why trade Martin and keep Niskanen, I don't get that sentiment. You are keeping a clearly inferior player to save an extra 2.5 million.

Who are they going to use that 2.5 million on to upgrade the team more than Paul Martin would?

There RFAs are not resigned yet, Pens mgmt. keeps about 1 million on reserve for in-season call-ups, moves... it's about finding money at this point.... trading Nisky for a draft pick will give the Pens about 3 million to work with (his 2.3 plus the 750K right now)... Bortuzzo and DJ combined will make about 1.75... leaving the Pens about 1.25 million... with only 12 forwards signed and one of them being Steve Big Mac... that extra 2.7 million will mean A LOT.

Shero will figure it out, whatever is best for Pens, he'll do...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade Martin over Niskanen. Also they are allowed to be 10% over allotment until the start of the season. A two-way contract player would clear that up like MacIntyre who if clears waivers would be off the cap space.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wouldn't trade Martin over Nisky either in a perfect world... but the Pens need to find money.

2.3 (nisky) + .6 (big mac) = 2.9 - 1.7 (RFA deals) = 1.2 with only 11 forwards signed (Big Mac will now be in minors)... still need to sign 2 forwards and have enough cap space for in season moves.

Shero has more info and is more intelligent in these matters than us combined... I trust he'll do whatever is best for the team... Again, I prefer to have Martin on the team than Nisky... we'll just see what happens...

---
I don't like those Cleary rumors either....

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah makes sense but honestly I don't think they need to and the RFA deals if two way they can go the same way as MacIntyre if they don't work out.

Not sure I like Cleary either unless it is a cheap replacement for Cooke? I would have liked Nystrom but the cap hit was too high with his new deal.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams 2 yrs 700k.

Once again great deal for a player that knows his role/worth and fits this club perfectly.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Adams 2 yrs 700k.

Once again great deal for a player that knows his role/worth and fits this club perfectly.

Good signing...

What happened to Big Mac... is he on waivers officially... Capgeek now does not have him counting against the cap...

Pens have 676,000, only 11 forwards and RFAs not signed yet...

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pens still need 3rd line winger... unless DJ is slated to get that spot...

EDIT: Again, I guess Zach Sill (per Dave Molinari) will got a shot at that role... assuming he accepts his qualifying offer

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sill or Jeffrey would be fine with me at that spot. Paul Thompson is a scorer and might get a chance in a top 9 role.

Not sure about MacIntyre maybe Capgeek had him there on accident?

Also on a side note of Bortuzzo takes the offer does that mean Engelland is gone? I really hope so that they find a taker for him.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think Engelland is going anywhere this year... it has to be Orpik, Nisky or Martin...
Aslo, looking thru the roster, the Pens have no real 'fighting' threat... the Pens are mostly silk... depending on who fills that 3rd line role, we don't need more scores, he need physical punishing players to lay checks on players... Engo will not be a starter...but for certain games, his game will be counted on... he's not very expensive either...

I hear folks saying trade Jokinen, but I think he is needed at this point, just for experience alone.

Again, it'll come down to Orpik, Nisky or Martin... I have been saying the Pens will buyout Paul Martin next year (or trade) to make room for Letang's rise... and looking at the cap situation they are in this year, to me, it makes sense to trade him this year... a purely monetary trade.. I would rather have Martin than Nisky as stated before... but I would rather have that 5mil than Martin right now.

Dave Molinari states that Big Mac will count against the cap regardless, I'm not sure how the new CBA works... I know you can't 'hide' salaries in the AHL anymore...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Engelland only will be dealt if Bortuzzo signs other than that he is around. I don't think Engelland is worth the roster spot outside a 7th d-man and Bortuzzo can do that. I would rather Bortuzzo do that so they can become

Not sure how MacIntyre would count if he was on a two-way contract? I thought that part of the CBA stayed the same but I guess not.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin's stock is probably about as high as it can get coming off of his better play last year.. I'm going to venture a guess that he will be the guy to go. Orpik didn't have his best year last season IMO and I don't know what kind of value Nisky would bring.

Sell high, buy low.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gooding signing in Rob Scuderi I was hoping my bolts would pick him up!