• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Flyers Game Summaries

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree

Let's be honest-it wouldn't matter if we had Lundqvist or Renne,etc.between the pipes,whoever it is gets scrutinized.the Flyers don't play a defensive system,that the Coyotes did,to make Bryz look good.

The only way to get Bryz any wins,and to make the fans happy would be for the Flyers to become like the old Edmonton Oilers and pump in 5 or more goals a night to save Fuhr-er Bryz's ass.

With that said,I still think he's gone.

I think with a goalie that can make the routine save and handle the puck we may pump in a lot more goals per game instead of running around our zone for half the game.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coots, read, gustaffson, and lauridsen out on the pk together.

I'd be willing to put a very large amount of money on that being the first time in nhl history a 20 yr old had the most nhl experience on the ice for a team.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fucking disgrace this defense and offense is. Why do we constantly suck against the Devils? We cant even get a shot on goal on a 2 on 1 for Christ sake. Yet NJ scores on a turnover. Please Flyers stop winning and screwing our chances at a quality pick. I really dislike Gusty. Fucking turnover machines we are. Score should be a blow out. Can't even score on this pathetic NJ team.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg is G and Voracek awesome together. G totally made Chara look bad on the pass to Voracek. Voracek made Rask lose his jock strap on the breakaway. What a difference this team is when they have no pressure on them.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Briere is still a useless tit. goodbye Briere and thanks for the memories.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't it nice when you have a goalie who can control rebounds and play the puck?

sad as hell,when fill-ins outshine the regulars.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't it nice when you have a goalie who can control rebounds and play the puck?

sad as hell,when fill-ins outshine the regulars.

So true! Mason looks so focused and confident w the puck. I just don't see keeping Bryzy and his contract. Get another goalie and let Mason and whomever battle for the starting gig. The defense has gotten a little better of late but wonder if this has a lot to do w a goalie who can handle the puck?

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
G and Voracek has to be one of the best pairs in the NHL right now. Love the chemistry they've developed. Voracek has really turned into a huge player for us. He's on a 40 goal pace this season, really amazing for a player who was always seen as more of a playmaker reluctant to shoot.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this i am in total agreement with all of these statements i am especially suprised how good our defense looked with only 1 starter. when we have a goalie that can handle the puck we break out of iour zone so easy and get into offensive mode and our scoring has been up as of late. Boston looked terrible.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this i am in total agreement with all of these statements i am especially suprised how good our defense looked with only 1 starter. when we have a goalie that can handle the puck we break out of iour zone so easy and get into offensive mode and our scoring has been up as of late. Boston looked terrible.

In Boston's defense, they are on a dreadful schedule, very similar to ours at the beginning of the year. They are going into the playoffs exhausted. Not a good recipe for success.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a puckhandling goaltender is huge when you have breakout problems.. he basically acts as a puck-moving dman that plays 60 minutes/night

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a puckhandling goaltender is huge when you have breakout problems.. he basically acts as a puck-moving dman that plays 60 minutes/night

That is one of our huge needs a puck moving defenseman so mason's stick handling ability will definately come in handy. Mason just looks so much better at stopping pucks and moving pucks and directing rebounds i dont believe we will ever see Bryz again. What about our young goalies can we get one of them to the NHL. other teams like Boston last night had a young goalie who looked pretty good and his yearly stats made him look good.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G and Voracek has to be one of the best pairs in the NHL right now. Love the chemistry they've developed. Voracek has really turned into a huge player for us. He's on a 40 goal pace this season, really amazing for a player who was always seen as more of a playmaker reluctant to shoot.

V's offensive game has improved dramatically now if only Cooter can take that step we would be sitting pretty.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one of our huge needs a puck moving defenseman so mason's stick handling ability will definately come in handy. Mason just looks so much better at stopping pucks and moving pucks and directing rebounds i dont believe we will ever see Bryz again. What about our young goalies can we get one of them to the NHL. other teams like Boston last night had a young goalie who looked pretty good and his yearly stats made him look good.

the flyers don't have many.. hovinen was released i think, heeter is probably a career AHL-er.. stolarz is a few years away (3-4 id say) but he has looked good since moving to CHL (10-1-1 in the playoffs right now).. tough to tell with goalies though

joacim eriksson (former flyers pick) will probably sign an entry-level deal here pretty soon.. he was fantastic in sweden this year, would be awesome if the flyers could bring him back in to the fold.. based on what i'm reading, there aren't any hard feelings for not signing him after they drafted him.. transfer rules with europe can be quirky and the flyers only had 10ish games at sweden's highest level to judge him off of before deciding to use a contract on him

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job by our organization to sell off the jerseys from last nights game and donate the money All Class all the time.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true! Mason looks so focused and confident w the puck. I just don't see keeping Bryzy and his contract. Get another goalie and let Mason and whomever battle for the starting gig. The defense has gotten a little better of late but wonder if this has a lot to do w a goalie who can handle the puck?

If I were Homer,I'd try to make a deal with St.Louis.

With Jake Allen ready to take on a big role,Halak(3.75 mil)or Elliott(1.8) could be made available.They are both UFA's in 2014.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Homer,I'd try to make a deal with St.Louis.

With Jake Allen ready to take on a big role,Halak(3.75 mil)or Elliott(1.8) could be made available.They are both UFA's in 2014.

Bernier at 1.525 isnt bad either.