• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pittsburgh Penguins at Philadelphia Flyers - 10/17/13

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Flyers are the first team in the expansion era to fail to score 3 or more goals in any of the first 8 games of a season - this is officially the worst offense ever

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Homer is going to get fired either tonight or tomorrow morning. Its just a matter of time now. Nothing on this roster is clicking. Im tired of hearing that things are slowly coming together. Thats not good enough. You dont get points for moral victories. This hole is getting bigger and before you know it, we are in the basement and saying the same shit how this team is still in it.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
played better tonight but a loss is a loss

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Homer is going to get fired either tonight or tomorrow morning. Its just a matter of time now. Nothing on this roster is clicking. Im tired of hearing that things are slowly coming together. Thats not good enough. You dont get points for moral victories. This hole is getting bigger and before you know it, we are in the basement and saying the same shit how this team is still in it.
Yeah I'm tired of the "things are coming together" motto - they can't score to save their life and unless they score at least 3 goals in a game they'll NEVER win

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may seem fucked up but if they get rid of Homer I want Berube gone as well. Id rather have a fresh vision from GM to coach. Bring someone in who can change the culture

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give credit to Steve Mason. Keeping his team in these games with next to no goal support.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may seem fucked up but if they get rid of Homer I want Berube gone as well. Id rather have a fresh vision from GM to coach. Bring someone in who can change the culture

I have no problem w this. Actually i agree w you. Not sure if it will happen this way? Snider is going to go postal on this team at some point. :wtf2:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I would be on board with this - at this point, I don't care enough for any of these guys to stay - whatever it takes for the Flyers to get good again they have to do it

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give credit to Steve Mason. Keeping his team in these games with next to no goal support.

Mason has been great. Feel bad for the guy. This team flat out stinks and no good reason for it. Normally id just wait things out and let things come together, but there is obviously issues w this team. This started from last season and from preseason on this team is just not clicking. :noidea::bawling:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow start refs calling everything then when Flyers start gaining momentum they put the whistle away. Guys getting mugged everywhere didn't help the cause. At the same time if they would have played a full game they win this so there's hope. They'll get Vinny back soon but Homer has to be looking at a move to give this offense a boast hopefully nothing dumb.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow start refs calling everything then when Flyers start gaining momentum they put the whistle away. Guys getting mugged everywhere didn't help the cause. At the same time if they would have played a full game they win this so there's hope. They'll get Vinny back soon but Homer has to be looking at a move to give this offense a boast hopefully nothing dumb.
Oilers and Flyers would be perfect trade candidates at this point considering how much they've struggled

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers and Flyers would be perfect trade candidates at this point considering how much they've struggled

Yes they may be able to work something out but Vanek intrigues me if the price isn't ridiculous. Plus they'd have to resign him...he's only 29 and is a pure scorer.

Watched the highlights again and Timonen was hooked down at the blueline NHL channel called it as great back checking. Flyers do that and they're in the box instead pens get a goal out of it. Somethings never change very frustrating.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they may be able to work something out but Vanek intrigues me if the price isn't ridiculous. Plus they'd have to resign him...he's only 29 and is a pure scorer.

Watched the highlights again and Timonen was hooked down at the blueline NHL channel called it as great back checking. Flyers do that and they're in the box instead pens get a goal out of it. Somethings never change very frustrating.
I don't think the Sabres will be able to get a ton in return for Vanek considering that everyone knows the Sabres are in sell mode, but I wouldn't want to give up a ton because his first destination would probably be Minnesota

I'd rather try and steal Nail Yakupov from the Oilers(since the Oilers are down on him) - apparently it was Daryl Katz's pick and not Kevin Lowe's, they wanted that pick for publicity - they might be able to get Nail without giving up a kings ransom

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Sabres will be able to get a ton in return for Vanek considering that everyone knows the Sabres are in sell mode, but I wouldn't want to give up a ton because his first destination would probably be Minnesota

I'd rather try and steal Nail Yakupov from the Oilers(since the Oilers are down on him) - apparently it was Daryl Katz's pick and not Kevin Lowe's, they wanted that pick for publicity - they might be able to get Nail without giving up a kings ransom

Could be a steal or a bust those Russians worry me and he doesn't seem to have the right attitude. Vanek would come here and kick ass. I'm just worried that Homer may go balls out and do a blockbuster when a smaller move would probably be enough with Harts and Vinny coming back. They also get to redo training camp with a week off!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a steal or a bust those Russians worry me and he doesn't seem to have the right attitude. Vanek would come here and kick ass. I'm just worried that Homer may go balls out and do a blockbuster when a smaller move would probably be enough with Harts and Vinny coming back. They also get to redo training camp with a week off!
Oh no question I love Vanek and he'd be the perfect fit for G but I'm just worried that he would go to Minnesota because that's what everyone has been saying - the Flyers better be convincing to him if they traded for him, considering the mess this team is in right now

Honestly, the offense was the same before Harts and Vinny were out, it's been bad with and without them

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no question I love Vanek and he'd be the perfect fit for G but I'm just worried that he would go to Minnesota because that's what everyone has been saying - the Flyers better be convincing to him if they traded for him, considering the mess this team is in right now

Honestly, the offense was the same before Harts and Vinny were out, it's been bad with and without them

Agreed I'd want Vanek to sign a deal before finalizing a trade.

The O was slumping but guys like McGinn and Raffl have looked good. This would allow them to spread the lines out a little more. I'd play Harts on the 3rd line I think he'd do well with Couts and Read with less pressure. Put Simmonds/Schenn/Vinny back together as they weren't bad just no puck luck. Keep Raffl or McGinn up with G and Jake with the other boasting the 4th line with Talbot and Rinaldo. All of a sudden you ave 4 decent lines that can cause trouble. D hasn't been brutal and goaltending strong this can be turned around...even without a trade although would be nice to get Mez out of town to open up options.