• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Flyers Game Summaries

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens 3 Flyers 1

The Flyers had their chances to get back in this,in the 3rd but could not bury the puck.

Bryz had 2 go past him,the first on a deflection and the 2nd through a screen off the faceoff.He settled down a bit after that,but was still fighting shots most of the game.

I was impressed with both Rinaldo and Read's energy out there.They led the team in hits.Wellwood was also displaying his speed,numerous times.

Giroux was the lone scorer for the Flyers,with assists from Hartnell and B.Schenn
The Pens scorers-Who fucking cares!
Next up-Sabres at 12:30 pm Sunday 20th.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Girouw was Giroux.

Bryz was solid.

Coburn is afraid to take slap shots, stop wristing it.

Fleury was remarkable, I'll give it to him.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Girouw was Giroux.

Bryz was solid.

Coburn is afraid to take slap shots, stop wristing it.

Fleury was remarkable, I'll give it to him.

You forgot that Vorachek seemingly forgot where the goal is or at least that's my interpretation since he refused to shoot when he an open look.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot that Vorachek seemingly forgot where the goal is or at least that's my interpretation since he refused to shoot when he an open look.

Yeah, that is Voracek. His kind of play just will not compliment Giroux if/when he plays on the top line.

Braden Schenn was unimpressive today, Luke was fine. I dont recall any horrendous turnovers or anything.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is Voracek. His kind of play just will not compliment Giroux if/when he plays on the top line.

Braden Schenn was unimpressive today, Luke was fine. I dont recall any horrendous turnovers or anything.

I was actually impressed with Brayden and his limited ice time(Simmonds took a few of his shifts). He was winning puck battles and pressuring hard plus he made the break-out pass that lead to G's goal.

Looking at the stats Vorachek shot 6 times, I can remember one...

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually impressed with Brayden and his limited ice time(Simmonds took a few of his shifts). He was winning puck battles and pressuring hard plus he made the break-out pass that lead to G's goal.

Looking at the stats Vorachek shot 6 times, I can remember one...

I just didnt notice Bryaden a lot, but with the stuff you're saying it sounds like he was making the little things count.

I do not remember a lot from Voracek.

Looking at the box score, I can not Rinaldo played under 9 minutes. Felt like he was out there every play.

0/5 on the PP was brutal, and it was very obvious that we are missing a PP QB. I recall Timonen rifling one wide, and other than that Mez and Coby were wristing them on net. Did not notice any of Foster's alleged slap shots.

Also, I hate Talbot on the 2nd line. My God, the love for him is awful. He is a solid bottom 9er, and preferably 4th liner, not a 2nd line winger.

Last edited by a moderator:

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we played a VERY uninspired first period -- and it buried us. We outplayed them for the final 40 minutes, but just couldn't finish.

I'm a known Bryz hater, but had no problem with him today. He outplayed Fleury, IMO, who got a ton of help from his D and the post(s).

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought we played a VERY uninspired first period -- and it buried us. We outplayed them for the final 40 minutes, but just couldn't finish.

I'm a known Bryz hater, but had no problem with him today. He outplayed Fleury, IMO, who got a ton of help from his D and the post(s).

I agree. The first period lost us the game. We out played them in both the 2nd and 3rd.

Bryz was very impressive IMO. We should be happy about that.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest I wasn't whole heartedly following. Only stuff I noticed was the flyers dominating the 2nd and 3rd period and it looked like bryz played very well.

I'll focus more today. No company or copious amounts of alcohol to distract.

You guys wanna bring back the stars/goats thread?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the energy for Laughton and Simmonds.
We carried the game int he last 2 periods.

Good start to the season even though we lost.

Bryz played solid. Couts was invisible

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabres 5 Flyers 2

Fuck. The. Refs. Two goals disallowed for us that shouldn't have, and if those two count take away the empty netter as well. Also, I love Hartnell taking two for getting checked into the goalie.

Bryz played pretty well, but the team didn't play well enough in front of him. He hasn't let in a bad goal yet this season.
We need to score on the power play.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabres 5 Flyers 2

Fuck. The. Refs. Two goals disallowed for us that shouldn't have, and if those two count take away the empty netter as well. Also, I love Hartnell taking two for getting checked into the goalie.

Bryz played pretty well, but the team didn't play well enough in front of him. He hasn't let in a bad goal yet this season.

We also need to kill a damn penalty for once so that these dreadful calls stop burning us.

Regardless, we're a team that hasn't fully got it in gear yet and even when we do play half decent, none of the bounces are going our way. It's frustrating.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We need to stop the other team from scoring on their as well. I have a feeling a lot of this is due to the lack of real training camp/exhibition games but we can't drop too many more games due to this type of crap.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont even touch the reffing.

The 4th goal by Hodgson was Bryz's first bad goal this year. Other than that, he was very good.

Get Talbot off the 2nd line.

Laughton looks good.

We may need another forward more than a dman.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabres 5 Flyers 2

this is where I fucking lost it-what a bullshit call.:bullshit:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PP needs to get its shit together.
Bryz playing well

I think we will be alright