• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Flyers Game Summaries

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmonds has looked pretty good too. Definitely hustling out there. He's drawn 3 penalties just skating through checks by my count.

Luke schenn looked pretty good to me today. Ended up with a lot of pims but one was bs, one prevented a goal, and one he took foligno with him.

Mesz not looking good so far. Seems very rusty.

Also voracek needs to stop trying to pass through people. Perhaps it worked in the khl, but he needs to adjust

Evilflyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im surpised nobody said anything about Grossman!! He looks like he was skating in sand imo, I understand that some guys need to get up to speed. Maybe I'm being to harsh... thoughts?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im surpised nobody said anything about Grossman!! He looks like he was skating in sand imo, I understand that some guys need to get up to speed. Maybe I'm being to harsh... thoughts?

He wasn't great, no, but none of the defense was. Can't give up that many breakaways, especially on the PK.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
a couple things i noticed from the game on saturday. I thought coburn looked rusty and slow, but got it going at the end, also i thought wellwood looked lost. didn't get to see the game yesterday so i will have to go back on that.

also, i know i am a bryz advocate, but he looked sharp against pitt. was moving with confidence which i really only saw in march last year. the game yesterday i watched the goals but he also had 36 saves was the team that bad? only one i am sure people are faulting him on was the breakaway rebound goal, which he makes a good save first but doesnt clear out the rebound. i am happy with his play, where as i am not happy with the play of the defensemen and the power play.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a couple things i noticed from the game on saturday. I thought coburn looked rusty and slow, but got it going at the end, also i thought wellwood looked lost. didn't get to see the game yesterday so i will have to go back on that.

also, i know i am a bryz advocate, but he looked sharp against pitt. was moving with confidence which i really only saw in march last year. the game yesterday i watched the goals but he also had 36 saves was the team that bad? only one i am sure people are faulting him on was the breakaway rebound goal, which he makes a good save first but doesnt clear out the rebound. i am happy with his play, where as i am not happy with the play of the defensemen and the power play.

i'm not a big bryz supporter, but i dont think that one was his fault too.. he stopped a breakaway, he needs some help.. good hustle by voracek to get back, but where is he going? stopping that far behind the net isn't going to help anyone in case there is a rebound.. perhaps that's being a little harsh asking him to stop on a dime, but my real point is, thats a good stop by bryz, the rebound sucks, but it is what it is

they seem to be way too aggressive trying to get shorthanded goals.. i was listening when vanek scored on the breakaway, but it sounded like talbot and whoever else was with him, tried to score on a 3 on 5 and then got torched (man came out of the box while the play was happening).. another PP goal later was a similar thing

they're trying to be too fancy at the blueline, just get it in and crash.. turnovers at the blue line will kill you

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense as a whole looks slow and rusty. If they can't somehow eventually utilize their size and strength while still not improving their speed, we're going to have real problems on the back end.

Obviously our second, third and fourth lines aren't what they should be without Briere. He immediately creates a second scoring line upon his return. G is going to do his thing all year long, but he alone cannot be expected to carry the load offensively.

Bryzgalov is being hung out to dry by his defense (especially on the penalty kill) and I place no blame on him whatsoever.

What's even more frustrating than all of this is that as bad as it looks at first glance, we've still been highly competitive in both games, we just haven't gotten any breaks from the referees or the posts. A dirty goal is still a fucking goal for God's sake. They all count the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
both of the goals that were disallowed were a joke. cannot believe the refs can make those calls. and even so, i am positive the puck was across the line before he decided to blow the whistle.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the two stupidest rules in hockey are goalie interference and intent to blow the whistle

1. "preventing the goalie from making a save" - if that's how you're going to word it, then why was CoHo's goal allowed? his skate pushed bryz's glove out of the way and knocked the puck in the net.. and how many times do we see guys crash the net and jam the goalie back in to the net, and them count it as a goal.. you could call it on every one of those if you wanted.. and technically, doesn't a good shot prevent the goalie from making a save? just a dumbass wording to a rule, and to top it off, it's not called correctly anyway (see fedetenko goal)

2. intent to blow the whistle. seriously? you're going to take something that should be black and white (whistle blows) and force it to be a judgement call? how dumb is that?

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the two stupidest rules in hockey are goalie interference and intent to blow the whistle

1. "preventing the goalie from making a save" - if that's how you're going to word it, then why was CoHo's goal allowed? his skate pushed bryz's glove out of the way and knocked the puck in the net.. and how many times do we see guys crash the net and jam the goalie back in to the net, and them count it as a goal.. you could call it on every one of those if you wanted.. and technically, doesn't a good shot prevent the goalie from making a save? just a dumbass wording to a rule, and to top it off, it's not called correctly anyway (see fedetenko goal)

2. intent to blow the whistle. seriously? you're going to take something that should be black and white (whistle blows) and force it to be a judgement call? how dumb is that?

100% agree, the intent to blow whistle rule is absurd. so how far does it go back? the ref can say i intended to blow the whistle 5 seconds before that for that matter. it should be cut and dry, when the whistle blows, the play is dead.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't see much of the game. Heard Rinaldo left and didn't come back. What happened?

Also, from what I did see you guys hit on just about everything already. Kimmo was doing his thing, but everyone else was seemingly out of joint.

Simmonds and G look damn good and in mid season form. I know I'm being a bit harsh, but I see effort from the rest just not the full effort.

Oh yeah...they league can shove that "intent" whistle rule up their asses. Ridiculous.

...and I'll be the first to say it this year -- our boys never get the calls. 90% of every ticky tacky, shouldn't be called penalties & blatant bad calls, always go against the Flyers.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't see much of the game. Heard Rinaldo left and didn't come back. What happened?

Also, from what I did see you guys hit on just about everything already. Kimmo was doing his thing, but everyone else was seemingly out of joint.

Simmonds and G look damn good and in mid season form. I know I'm being a bit harsh, but I see effort from the rest just not the full effort.

Oh yeah...they league can shove that "intent" whistle rule and shove it up their asses. Ridiculous.

...and I'll be the first to say it this year -- our boys never get the calls. 90% of every ticky tacky, shouldn't be called penalties & blatant bad calls, always go against the Flyers.

His leg got cut by a skate.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stuck the thread and changed the name.. we'll use this one as the review thread instead of the 3 stars/3 goats thread.. that one deteriorated in to just reviews most of hte time anyway haha

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No structural damage but he had to get 20+ stitches.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Flyers calling up McGinn.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
6'2" 205, good fighter, can actually play a little bit of hockey too. another shining example of the disastrous shelley signing, guy cannot get on the ice even when his replacement is injured.