• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Flyers Game Summaries

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to really like Rosehill as our enforcer boys. I'd say goodbye to Shitty and welcome Rosehill. He pretty much had his way with Asham last night.

Shitty is he still on this team. i thought we made him honorary stick boy

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ the rags.

Mason looked real good in the 3rd which is all I caught. Damn time Warner had its weekly down time during the first and second. Retarded fuckin cable company. But all accounts (twitter and my brother) were quite pleased with mason tonight.

His stick work is eons ahead of Bryz ive been saying it over and over and they mentioned it quite a few times last night how it keeps us out of our zone and makes breaking out a lot easier.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooter played very well and got rewarded with over 22 min of ice time.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it fair to say that Bryzy is done in Philly?

Not so fast, from what I've read it sounds like Ed Snider still has a hard on for Bryz. I bet they keep him at least for the next season...then who knows.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it fair to say that Bryzy is done in Philly?

Not so fast, from what I've read it sounds like Ed Snider still has a hard on for Bryz. I bet they keep him at least for the next season...then who knows.

If we dont get rid of that scrub this summer and have to keep that contract on our books i cant be responsible for my actions :gaah:

unless they can get another 'starting' caliber goalie to compete with mason, i dont think they'll get rid of bryz

rightfully so IMO, mason has been stellar in his 3+ appearances so far, but it's only 3 appearances, and there's 0 pressure on him right him

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless they can get another 'starting' caliber goalie to compete with mason, i dont think they'll get rid of bryz

rightfully so IMO, mason has been stellar in his 3+ appearances so far, but it's only 3 appearances, and there's 0 pressure on him right him

Why in the world would we keep a back up goalie making 5 million per season because its a world of difference with a goalie that can play the puck and challenge shooters. Even if mason played half as well as he has in his 1st three starts he would be on par with Bryz and for only 1.5 million

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world would we keep a back up goalie making 5 million per season because its a world of difference with a goalie that can play the puck and challenge shooters. Even if mason played half as well as he has in his 1st three starts he would be on par with Bryz and for only 1.5 million

gotta get mason's confidence up.. best way to do that IMO is have him playing as 'the backup' rather than the starter.. he gets more games as he earns them, and wins the spot.. rather than giving it to him after 3 games and having to deal w/ the pressure of being 'the guy' from the get go next season.. 5 or 6 tough games to open next season and philly will tear him to shreds if he's the presumed starter

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta get mason's confidence up.. best way to do that IMO is have him playing as 'the backup' rather than the starter.. he gets more games as he earns them, and wins the spot.. rather than giving it to him after 3 games and having to deal w/ the pressure of being 'the guy' from the get go next season.. 5 or 6 tough games to open next season and philly will tear him to shreds if he's the presumed starter

Or 5 or 6 good tough games to start the year and Philly will put a statue in front.
There is no need to have that 5 million on the books even if we play with 2 back ups next year it will be the same as this year in which Bryz is essentially a back up goalie anywhere else in this league. So were basically paying a back up goalie starters money

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or 5 or 6 good tough games to start the year and Philly will put a statue in front.
There is no need to have that 5 million on the books even if we play with 2 back ups next year it will be the same as this year in which Bryz is essentially a back up goalie anywhere else in this league. So were basically paying a back up goalie starters money

that may be true, but it'll only take a few bad games for the city to turn on him regardless.. gotta have patience with goalies, and the only way to force the city to be patient with mason is to have another starter on the roster (ie keeping bryz if you cant get anyone else)

leighton - goes on a run, annointed started, one bad goal in the finals, dude gets exiled

bob - surprises some people in preseason, starts and beats the pens in game one, annointed starter, yanked after 1 bad playoff game, couldn't recover in philly

bryz - proclamation by the owner, big money contract, is told he has to be THE GUY, benched halfway through his first season because it wasn't going well, hasn't recovered

having mason be the starter at the beginning of next year will result in the same thing. too quick to annoint the second coming of pelle, too quick to turn your back on him. that's how philly has been my entire life. lets not do that this time.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that may be true, but it'll only take a few bad games for the city to turn on him regardless.. gotta have patience with goalies, and the only way to force the city to be patient with mason is to have another starter on the roster (ie keeping bryz if you cant get anyone else)

leighton - goes on a run, annointed started, one bad goal in the finals, dude gets exiled

bob - surprises some people in preseason, starts and beats the pens in game one, annointed starter, yanked after 1 bad playoff game, couldn't recover in philly

bryz - proclamation by the owner, big money contract, is told he has to be THE GUY, benched halfway through his first season because it wasn't going well, hasn't recovered

having mason be the starter at the beginning of next year will result in the same thing. too quick to annoint the second coming of pelle, too quick to turn your back on him. that's how philly has been my entire life. lets not do that this time.

Huge difference betwwen all your goalie examples is Bryz makes 5 million and those other goalies came and went cheap. there is no point in keeping that contract on our books.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge difference betwwen all your goalie examples is Bryz makes 5 million and those other goalies came and went cheap. there is no point in keeping that contract on our books.

i just think you gotta do what gets you a quality NHL starting goaltender.. if it means paying your backup like he's the starter and your starter like he's the backup for a while, it is what it is. should have never signed bryz in the first place. but giving mason the keys to the bus too early because you did, is a bad idea IMO.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and dont get me wrong, if the flyers can sign emery or backstrom, khabibulin, nabakov (i think he already resigned w/ the isles), hell even tim thomas if he still wants to play.. if they can sign any of those guys for cheaper than bryz, and can then buy out bryz, i'm all for it

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think you gotta do what gets you a quality NHL starting goaltender.. if it means paying your backup like he's the starter and your starter like he's the backup for a while, it is what it is. should have never signed bryz in the first place. but giving mason the keys to the bus too early because you did, is a bad idea IMO.

Dont look at it as giving the keys to mason look at it as getting rid of the worst starting goalie in the league by far and away and his 5 million dollar per year salary and then mason and any other goalie can split time in the nets and do just as well for half the money. If we cut Bryz how many teams you think will be willing to make him their starting goalie after the way he has played last season and this season.