• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your new LA Laker: Julius Randle

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be the key to his success. He'll be a tough guard one on one if he can hit that shot consistently. Against a bigger defender, he'll drive right past them. That bigger defender lays off to have a better chance against the dribble drive, he can take the midrange J. Smaller defenders he can just post up. Let's not forget about his ability to rebound and push the ball, ala Lamar Odom.

Definitely like the sound of this, I'm glad we hung on to the pick.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be the key to his success. He'll be a tough guard one on one if he can hit that shot consistently. Against a bigger defender, he'll drive right past them. That bigger defender lays off to have a better chance against the dribble drive, he can take the midrange J. Smaller defenders he can just post up. Let's not forget about his ability to rebound and push the ball, ala Lamar Odom.

Whoa whoa whoa... Lamar Odom was a guard that happened to be tall... And again not saying he was the wrong pick, I'd have traded the pick... Not going to rehash everything, I'm interested in seeing what becomes of him... We shall see what he becomes in time...:nod:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa whoa whoa... Lamar Odom was a guard that happened to be tall... And again not saying he was the wrong pick, I'd have traded the pick... Not going to rehash everything, I'm interested in seeing what becomes of him... We shall see what he becomes in time...:nod:

Traded for what though?

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I respectfully disagree with your assessment of Odom. He was a forward through and through. Had a great game that would have been HoF had he not been a head case. Had a very good run with the Lakers.

Traded for what though?

Therein lies the rub.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whoa whoa whoa what? Randle has the ability to rebound and push the ball upcourt like Lamar could. Randle is still very raw at it, but he has that ability. I didn't say he could do it as well as Lamar.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree with your assessment of Odom. He was a forward through and through. Had a great game that would have been HoF had he not been a head case. Had a very good run with the Lakers.

Therein lies the rub.

Agree. Lamar had a Magic Johnson skill set while being faster and more athletic, but he was a head case. If he had played to the level of his talent, he'd be talked about as one of the greats.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found your new hat wlk

thumb.aspx

tumblr_inline_mp0k04Odms1qz4rgp.gif

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa whoa whoa what? Randle has the ability to rebound and push the ball upcourt like Lamar could. Randle is still very raw at it, but he has that ability. I didn't say he could do it as well as Lamar.

Lamar's handles >>> Randle
Lamar's jumper >>> Randle

Randle can push vs a big, if a guard or SF turns to help he better pass it... Randle can push it about as good as Shaq... Odom could and did push against anybody and initiated the offense... I don't see Randle ever doing that... Best case he will be as good as Blake without the hops... That's worth a top pick obviously which will make him a STEAL... I just see him more like Booz which is still pretty damn good... I think he will be much better than AC Green by the way... As for who could we have gotten, I don't have the answer but I would have tried to go after Rondo hard, Asik, tried to get Monroe or Smith from Detroit they gotta be looking to move 1 with their front court... I don't have an answer but it matters not, we got him... Let's see what he can do...:noidea:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not have watched much of the summer league Wlk if you think Randle's ability to rebound and push the ball is about as good as Shaq's. Again, I said he is still raw and can't do it as good as Lamar could, but continue to believe I think otherwise.

FTW, glad they haven't traded for Rondo. I prefer guards who can hit jumpshots. Rondo, several seasons into his career, still can't.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not have watched much of the summer league Wlk if you think Randle's ability to rebound and push the ball is about as good as Shaq's. Again, I said he is still raw and can't do it as good as Lamar could, but continue to believe I think otherwise.

FTW, glad they haven't traded for Rondo. I prefer guards who can hit jumpshots. Rondo, several seasons into his career, still can't.

Rondo can't shoot I don't argue that... But he is one of the best at breaking down a defense... He rebounds as one of the best at his position... He is always at the top 3 in assists... He is a top 5 defender at his position... You may not like Rondo, hell I don't like Rondo much... But what he brings to the table is undeniable...

And as for Randle, he's playing summer league... I believe it when I see it in a real game... His rebound is average to slightly above IMO... I watched every game he played... And comparing him to Shaq ain't bad... Shaq had pretty good handles for a big... But he is no Lamar Odom... Odom was a man, he just didn't completely give himself over to basketball so he never reached his full potential... But Randle will never repeat never be in charge of setting the offense... If you're saying he might lead a break or two, so did Shaq...

That's about where he is IMO, and he might get a little better...:noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see him doing the a few times a year...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the need for Randle to push the ball up court with the players we currently have, unless it's a fast-break.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's way too early to pass judgment on Randle. Give the kid a chance. He has a lot to learn and will no doubt make mistakes. Not everyone is a Magic or Kobe when they break in.

No one can predict how the Lakers will do this season, but you would expect them to do better than last just having a healthy Kobe back on the court.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the need for Randle to push the ball up court with the players we currently have, unless it's a fast-break.

I agree... I was just addressing the talk about him being like Lamar Odom... Again I will repeat... I think Randle WILL be good... I don't think he is a player that will be pushing the break very often but he could should the lane open up and nobody picks him up... I think he will average just under 10reb a game, reason being he isn't going to be like a Farried type guy... He probably could, but my guess is they'd want him to move without the ball and look to score both I believe he is above average at doing... If they want him to spend all his time and energy chasing rebounds and finding good positions for rebounds it takes away from his strengths... He's also shown the ability to drive and dish and the willingness to do so... That will help him as well... So again, now that we have him I really would like to see him play and his growth... I say he will be a 18-8-4ast guy... I think I may have bumped those numbers a bit but in his prime that's his stat line IMO... That's pretty damn good I think...:noidea:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... I was just addressing the talk about him being like Lamar Odom

Yet your reading comprehension seems very poor. I never said he was as good as LO, just that he has the ability to rebound and push the ball upcourt. I'm not advocating that this is something he should do often, but if he improves on that ability it's advantageous when a big can do such.

Well, obviously it would be on a fast break. He wouldn't be walking the ball upcourt to set up the offense. I never stated he had the ability to initiate the offense, like LO could. Again, poor reading comprehension on Wlk's part.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially signed Clarkson now too!

I'd guess that, barring something unforeseen, this will be the last of the off-season moves. I think they may have been waiting to sign Clarkson to see if there was a vet that they were interested in bringing in on the cheap or if there was some value that could be had by trading his rights.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd guess that, barring something unforeseen, this will be the last of the off-season moves. I think they may have been waiting to sign Clarkson to see if there was a vet that they were interested in bringing in on the cheap or if there was some value that could be had by trading his rights.

I think Clarkson could become the steal of the decade. If he gets some good minutes he'll be putting up solid numbers in a few years time.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet your reading comprehension seems very poor. I never said he was as good as LO, just that he has the ability to rebound and push the ball upcourt. I'm not advocating that this is something he should do often, but if he improves on that ability it's advantageous when a big can do such.

Well, obviously it would be on a fast break. He wouldn't be walking the ball upcourt to set up the offense. I never stated he had the ability to initiate the offense, like LO could. Again, poor reading comprehension on Wlk's part.

So I post he's not like LO because LO did more than rebound and push... I stated he was more like Shaq who would rebound and push on occasion, even showed video evidence... You respond that is not the case... Then basically state he would probably be do more of what Shaq would than what LO would... Come on man, I got no beef with you but you can admit comparing him to LO was a pretty bad comparison... We're all friends here...:suds:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Clarkson could become the steal of the decade. If he gets some good minutes he'll be putting up solid numbers in a few years time.

Really interested to see what becomes of him... He could be a great steal... Although I thought the same about Johnson-Odom and Goudelock .. Hope I finally get one right...:hope: