• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

you guys think the Flyers can take the Atlantic?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next 3 seem to be very favorable. You're only what? 3 games out of 1st in the Atlantic?

Seems the Eastern spots are up for grabs....I haven't followed much of the Flyers this season to know what their record is against the Rangers, but I know the Rangers are playing pretty well right now.

With Flyers currently in 5th place, I see them moving up before the end of the season.

In 4 games you got the RAngers, that will be a big one.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's likely but the remaining games against NYR and Pitt will be key, obviously.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Next 3 seem to be very favorable. You're only what? 3 games out of 1st in the Atlantic?

Seems the Eastern spots are up for grabs....I haven't followed much of the Flyers this season to know what their record is against the Rangers, but I know the Rangers are playing pretty well right now.

With Flyers currently in 5th place, I see them moving up before the end of the season.

In 4 games you got the RAngers, that will be a big one.

last nights game really hurts us, but if somehow pitt AND ny lose tonight, its a wash and we can still pull it out

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you think about it, the next 5 games are crucial. If the Flyers can manage to go on a 5 game win streak that turns the tables. However, 5 game win streak with tail end of those 5 games being the more difficult games, it is a long shot, but 4-1 is extremely possible. AS long as that 1 loss doesn't come to the Rangers it's very very possible for the Flyers to achieve 1st in the Atlantic.

Nonetheless, this push for playoff spot is going to be interesting.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well if you think about it, the next 5 games are crucial. If the Flyers can manage to go on a 5 game win streak that turns the tables. However, 5 game win streak with tail end of those 5 games being the more difficult games, it is a long shot, but 4-1 is extremely possible. AS long as that 1 loss doesn't come to the Rangers it's very very possible for the Flyers to achieve 1st in the Atlantic.

Nonetheless, this push for playoff spot is going to be interesting.

6 games left, but who's counting ha, my original prediction for this stretch run about a week ago was 9-1, but apparently we can't play florida teams, which isnt a real bother. going 5-1 down the stretch here would be good. (no matter where we end up)

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-1 down the stretch should solidify you as at LEAST a first round home series. At 5th place now, 5-1 to end this season shouldn't put you any worse then the 4th seed. Setting up a good chance to get to the 2nd round.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-1 down the stretch should solidify you as at LEAST a first round home series. At 5th place now, 5-1 to end this season shouldn't put you any worse then the 4th seed. Setting up a good chance to get to the 2nd round.

i still dont know if that's enough to make up ground.. if the pens/rags both go 3-4 to close out the season the flyers are pretty much SOL.. and 3-4 is a pretty poor record for the top 2 teams in the east

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still dont know if that's enough to make up ground.. if the pens/rags both go 3-4 to close out the season the flyers are pretty much SOL.. and 3-4 is a pretty poor record for the top 2 teams in the east

This is true. but there is still hope, so the final 6 games will be exciting to follow AND give a glimpse of some playoff atmosphere and excitement.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlantic, no; the Rangers have 6 games to play and only need 5 points to hold us off after tonight. We could still take the Pens; we actually control our own destiny there, despite being down 4 points with 6 to play. We'd need to win both Pittsburgh games in regulation to do so though.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The games tomorrow and friday will go a long way toward deciding playoff positioning for us. The Rags will probably clinch the division, even if they get beat by Pitt and/or us. The Pens play the Isles again tomorrow on the road after getting beaten by them at home and then travel to face the desperate Sabres. Those games could be tough considering their injuries on defense.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pullin for the Flyers to get there

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooting for the Jets tonight, but the odds look slim for a division title to fall in our favor. The Rags have choked before though, so it's not out of the question. If they win tonight, that particular race will be about over.

Like Vadered said, we technically still control our own destiny regarding home ice. It probably doesn't even matter at this point with the injury to Bryz and the fact that we've really played better on the road, which is rare in the Nhl. No other team can say that and actually back it up with results.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooting for the Jets tonight, but the odds look slim for a division title to fall in our favor. The Rags have choked before though, so it's not out of the question. If they win tonight, that particular race will be about over.

Like Vadered said, we technically still control our own destiny regarding home ice. It probably doesn't even matter at this point with the injury to Bryz and the fact that we've really played better on the road, which is rare in the Nhl. No other team can say that and actually back it up with results.

Playing in Pittsburgh in the playoffs is a tough task. For that matter, it's going to be a tough series for both teams regardless of who has home ice.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see them rest up a few players including Bryz and be fresh to face the penqueens. Let them burn themselves out and all Philly has to do is win won game in Pitt which being a good road team is not hard to do. Hammer crosby and letang all series and its over....

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see them rest up a few players including Bryz and be fresh to face the penqueens. Let them burn themselves out and all Philly has to do is win won game in Pitt which being a good road team is not hard to do. Hammer crosby and letang all series and its over....

but you have the chance to take home ice advantage in the first round. Take that opportunity if it is there. However, if they are unable to get that chance to take 4th then do what you say. Rest up if you can only get 5th.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you have the chance to take home ice advantage in the first round. Take that opportunity if it is there. However, if they are unable to get that chance to take 4th then do what you say. Rest up if you can only get 5th.

For whatever reason, the last couple of years, the Flyers have not done all that well at home, including regular season and playoffs. In past years, the Flyers were an excellent home team and opposing teams did not like to play in this building. Not so much the case now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i blame all you guys in philly. i'd be raisin hell.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i blame all you guys in philly. i'd be raisin hell.

Lol. If only I still lived there. I'll be in Philly over the summer to see some family. I'm really wanting to check out Ed Snider's new place in South Philly. Maybe stop by Chick and Pete's:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lol. If only I still lived there. I'll be in Philly over the summer to see some family. I'm really wanting to check out Ed Snider's new place in South Philly. Maybe stop by Chick and Pete's:

im hitting that up for the grand opening weekend this saturday for the sens game.