• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yeah, I think we gave up too soon on Jerome Simpson

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think he needed a change of scenery after the incident last season. plus it sets a bad precedent to reward a player who could have cost us games..

i'm not too worried about the #2 WR.

AJ Green is a force of nature. when your #1 is that dominant your other reciever can just be another guy on the roster (Houston, Detroit).

They also have Schaub and Stafford. Big difference. ....and Houston has a great running game to set it up.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have an insanely good athlete in the form of Muhammed Sanu, and a proficient wide receiver in Jones. Their only detriment is being new to the scheme. We'll get buy with throwing Tate out there every so often and putting in Binns as a decoy/blocker, we don't need to keep throwing the same guy out there, lets develop the talent we have.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bingo Dan. Marvin Jones has made just as many amazing plays this preseason as Simpson. So has Binns.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I don't know..... He'll be asked to do a lot for an offense that might really struggle. They have an all pro running back that is coming off an ACL (probably shouldn't expect him to be back to 100% in his first year back), they have a young quarterback that struggled at times in his first action, a rookie LT and a lot of question marks (due to health and inconsistency) at receiver. They also have an overmatched head coach that will be fired within the next year or two.

Unlike Marvin Lewis who's an accomplished perennial playoff contender year after year...LMAO!
I think I'll give Frazier the time.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
And don't forget that rookie LT goes up against Jarred Allen in practice. He'll have his moments, but all in all, I think the left side is much improved with Kalil. I'm more worried about the right side.
You guys know more about Simpson than we do, but sometimes all it takes is a change of pace for these guy to realise they need to turn it up a notch and show the opposition and themselves what they're made of. We'll see how that turns out week 4..;-)

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike Marvin Lewis who's an accomplished perennial playoff contender year after year...LMAO!
I think I'll give Frazier the time.

You're preaching to the choir here -- I hate Marvin Lewis. As do many Bengal fans. Doesn't change my opinion that Leslie Frazier is a horrible coach and shouldn't have been made an HC. If I'm wrong, fine.... Wouldn't be the first time. We'll see soon enough.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
You're preaching to the choir here -- I hate Marvin Lewis. As do many Bengal fans. Doesn't change my opinion that Leslie Frazier is a horrible coach and shouldn't have been made an HC. If I'm wrong, fine.... Wouldn't be the first time. We'll see soon enough.

LOL..
I didn't mean to come of as a dickhead. Frazier may very well be a bad coach, but nobody will know until he has a chance to get through a full season. With a full training camp and off season workouts. He seems to be surrounding himself with good coaches, that's a good start anyway.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough sledding for the Vikes -- That division is nasty! Good luck this year!

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a tough division because we always have to deal with Pittsburgh and Baltimore -- Fortunately we also get Cleveland twice a year!

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our db's will make Cleveland's wr's look amazing.

The only team we should be favored to beat is Miami, and that's only because they let go of 85.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
We have a tough division because we always have to deal with Pittsburgh and Baltimore -- Fortunately we also get Cleveland twice a year!

Yeah,
The Steelers and Ravens are tough year in and year out for sure..

The Vikes are still a few players (and possibly a head coach) away from competing for the division, but if history does repeat itself, they'll be back on top soon..