• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you make a trade?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we have Provorov, Ghost, Gudas, Manning and MacDonald even without MDZ, Streit and Schultz. So, I would be looking to trade away all three of those guys if possible. Then, bring up Morin and/or Sanheim if necessary. By that time, they should be prepared to show what they can do at the Nhl level.

Of course making the playoffs makes this a little more tricky because you don't exactly want to be trading away half of your veteran defenders in preparation for the postseason. We're not exactly winning the Cup this season, but it sort of sends the wrong message. We did win ten straight games, which wasn't all that common until this season...Lol
I heard on one of the games i watched is that Sanheim may not even be ready for next years team and that the two dmen that will be brought up for next year if not late this season if necessary is Meyers and Morin

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on one of the games i watched is that Sanheim may not even be ready for next years team and that the two dmen that will be brought up for next year if not late this season if necessary is Meyers and Morin

Yep, that seems to be the general consensus, although it depends in part on Myers' recovery from his concussion. He's still not playing.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myers is still in Juniors so I doubt he would get called up this year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that seems to be the general consensus, although it depends in part on Myers' recovery from his concussion. He's still not playing.
I hope that concussion is not bad we need him to be one of our regulars next season

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanheim is, in style, a clone of Ghost basically. He's just taller and therefore has a better reach on defense and gets in the way more. They're supposedly working on his defensive game pretty extensively this season though. Using him and Morin as more of a shutdown pair since they have guys like Brennan that can carry the offensive load. I would agree that he's probably the 3rd guy to come up behind Myers and Morin.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually be pretty surprised if Myers/Provorov isn't the top pair by this time next year. And completely baffled if Myers didn't make the team in the fall. He's a very good prospect and he's a RHD. I think part of the reason AMac plays with Provorov is because he's willing to play his off side and doesn't see a major drop off when he does it. Arguably because there isn't a far way to drop when you have his skill set, but still. Better to have as much value as you can.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun, considering we pretty much agreed that the Flyers' top system weakness at this moment was no clear 2C either at the NHL level or in the pipeline, what would you be willing to give up for Duchesne? Assume the trade would have to include a top D prospect and a high salary player of at least $4 mil+ or so given Duchesne's $6 mil cap hit.

Couturier or Schenn + Gostisbehere or Sanheim?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun, considering we pretty much agreed that the Flyers' top system weakness at this moment was no clear 2C either at the NHL level or in the pipeline, what would you be willing to give up for Duchesne? Assume the trade would have to include a top D prospect and a high salary player of at least $4 mil+ or so given Duchesne's $6 mil cap hit.

This is an easy one good bye Couts and i would hate to part with Ghost but if its necessary i would do that. We have a clear 2C he just happens to be playing 1C at this time.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard a rumor a few weeks ago. Duchesne for Couts, Ghost and a 2nd.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you guys do that deal? Weak draft year.

I think I would. 2C's need to provide offense, and Coots just doesn't show promise putting up any offense. Duchene on the other hand, could legitimately challenge G as the #1 C and push G down to 2C, at least 5 on 5. Plus you have Rubstov, Cousins, Laughton, who don't look ideal at 2C, but at 3/4 C they don't look so bad.

I'm not sure the Avs want Ghost, but I'd be willing to move him. Of the big 5 (Myers, Provorov, Morin, Sanheim, Ghost) I think he's got the lowest ceiling. My guess is they'll want Myers, Provorov, or Sanheim though. Someone a little less one dimensional considering they already have Tyson Barrie. I would absolutely not include Provorov and if it's Myers I would want it to be Duchene + for Couturier/Myers. Even then I would probably still hesitate. Sanheim I would consider moving. Maybe Duchene for Couturier/Sanheim.

Doesn't seem the Flyers are overly interested in the Avs though. Scouts have been crawling all over the recent Avs games and I don't think I've seen the Flyers on the list.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would. 2C's need to provide offense, and Coots just doesn't show promise putting up any offense. Duchene on the other hand, could legitimately challenge G as the #1 C and push G down to 2C, at least 5 on 5. Plus you have Rubstov, Cousins, Laughton, who don't look ideal at 2C, but at 3/4 C they don't look so bad.

I'm not sure the Avs want Ghost, but I'd be willing to move him. Of the big 5 (Myers, Provorov, Morin, Sanheim, Ghost) I think he's got the lowest ceiling. My guess is they'll want Myers, Provorov, or Sanheim though. Someone a little less one dimensional considering they already have Tyson Barrie. I would absolutely not include Provorov and if it's Myers I would want it to be Duchene + for Couturier/Myers. Even then I would probably still hesitate. Sanheim I would consider moving. Maybe Duchene for Couturier/Sanheim.

Doesn't seem the Flyers are overly interested in the Avs though. Scouts have been crawling all over the recent Avs games and I don't think I've seen the Flyers on the list.
I agree with everything here and i heard that the scouts being at every game is pushing the price up for Duchene. i dont think we get him pus for Couts and Meyers. I think we may need to look elsewhere as this team certainley needs a shakeup with our forwards.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only untouchable on the NHL roster is Provorov. Everyone else is fair game.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
orange and black fancave talk.

Stamkos and Bishop for Giroux and Mason

thoughts?

On a player basis, absolutely I do that. However, taking salaries in to account I probably would not. Stamkos already makes like 9 mil or so i think, and Bishop will probably expect 6-7 this summer. I am very against paying goalies any more than 4ish, 5 if they're stellar. Stamkos and Bishop together would kill the cap for the foreseeable future.