• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you make a trade?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Columbus too. TSN saying they probably need another defender in their bottom pairing. We can provide that for the right price.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. We would constantly be in win now mode, making awful deals for awful contracts with the glimmer that is may, possibly, probably not bring in a cup. The slow play is appropriate given what the roster and cap looked like when Hexy took over.
We arent any closer to the cup.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We arent any closer to the cup.
exactly, so why would they sell off future pieces for crap that is available at the dead line? No major improvements have been made available that would put this team over the top. the make a big move approach to win now is the Snider attitude that has us strapped with aging/garbage players to begin with. Homer had like a decade to make this mess and Hexy almost has us out of it after 3 years. I promise you, Hexy would not have made the trade for McDonald and signed him to that ludicrous contract that everyone has been bitching about since.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly, so why would they sell off future pieces for crap that is available at the dead line? No major improvements have been made available that would put this team over the top. the make a big move approach to win now is the Snider attitude that has us strapped with aging/garbage players to begin with. Homer had like a decade to make this mess and Hexy almost has us out of it after 3 years. I promise you, Hexy would not have made the trade for McDonald and signed him to that ludicrous contract that everyone has been bitching about since.
Agreed about McDonald but Hexy has us out of what? We are still out of the playoffs at this time and no closer to a cup that when Snider was alive.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about McDonald but Hexy has us out of what? We are still out of the playoffs at this time and no closer to a cup that when Snider was alive.
he has out of cap hell. Flyers are going to be in position to move assets for legit missing pieces that complete a team. Something that has alluded this team d/t salary cap restraints and lack of prospects.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has out of cap hell. Flyers are going to be in position to move assets for legit missing pieces that complete a team. Something that has alluded this team d/t salary cap restraints and lack of prospects.
We have 164K under the cap . Our prospects are only on the defensive end no star forwards and he signed Dale Weise for 4 years Coots until he's a senior citizen and we are still on the outside looking in so dont make it like he walks on water. He has done a good job in some areas and not so good in other areas.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 164K under the cap . Our prospects are only on the defensive end no star forwards and he signed Dale Weise for 4 years Coots until he's a senior citizen and we are still on the outside looking in so dont make it like he walks on water. He has done a good job in some areas and not so good in other areas.
I see this will not end in a agreement. I just ask to wait until he gets out from under the weight of Holmgren's blunders.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Flyers get the 4th and conditional 7th in the weaker draft AND retain some money (4.7% of cap) for a player who is then flipped for a 4th in next years draft?
... and the Flyers now have $5 mill more on the cap for next season?

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about this one the more it tests my faith.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Streit has an expiring contract and we trade him at the deadline and take back $5 mill in salary. I can only guess they want Schenn back on the wing and Couts as 3C. Filppula does still have some speed left and is a good passer. Otherwise I just don't get this one.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Streit has an expiring contract and we trade him at the deadline and take back $5 mill in salary. I can only guess they want Schenn back on the wing and Couts as 3C. Filppula does still have some speed left and is a good passer. Otherwise I just don't get this one.
We are in desperate need for speed at the center position

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've definitely been lacking 5 on 5 so we'll see. I also believe that Couts can be a great 3rd line center not so much a 2nd line center tried didn't work. They made this trade for next year too I hope it works out...

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the early returns on the trade deadline are proving to be solidly in Hextall's favor. Even if Filppula himself hasn't exactly been the second coming of Gretzky, his presence has clearly helped to take some of the pressure off of the other lines. There's a reason Hextall is the GM and we're just message board GM wannabes.