• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup Thread

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the Rangers are doing bad... I still can't get into soccer. Just doesn't do it for me. Was fun to play as a kid but it's as boring to watch as golf or NASCAR IMO.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the Rangers are doing bad... I still can't get into soccer. Just doesn't do it for me. Was fun to play as a kid but it's as boring to watch as golf or NASCAR IMO.

Then feel free to abstain from this thread.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about making it to the quarterfinals in 2002 and losing a hard fought match 1-0 to Germany after shocking heavyweight favorites Portugal 3-2, and beating the favored Mexicans in the round of sixteen. How about finishing first runner up to Brazil in a 3-2 loss at the confederations cup in 2009 after beating the #1 ranked Spain 2-0 to get there. How about winning their group in 2010? I'd say the US is very much a factor.

Jesus Christ son, just stop posting about this stuff.

I know you like to rip on the guy and even though he's probably just grasping at straws, from what I understand even their coach knows they have little hope. He's looking more toward 2018 to really be competitive. But if they somehow manage to make it out of group play, I honestly cannot say they have much hope of making it out of the round of 16.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you like to rip on the guy and even though he's probably just grasping at straws, from what I understand even their coach knows they have little hope. He's looking more toward 2018 to really be competitive. But if they somehow manage to make it out of group play, I honestly cannot say they have much hope of making it out of the round of 16.

I believe that was a calculated statement by klinsman. Once you make it to the knockout stage, anything can happen in any given game.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rev is right. In group play, your draw is the most important factor. I wouldn't be saying the team is hopeless if we had 1 or 2 bad teams in the group. All 3 teams are pretty good, Ghana is one of if not the best team in Africa, Portugal has one of the best players in the world, and Germany is my pick to win the World Cup. I know Ronaldo is hurting right now, but we don't play Portugal first.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rev is right. In group play, your draw is the most important factor. I wouldn't be saying the team is hopeless if we had 1 or 2 bad teams in the group. All 3 teams are pretty good, Ghana is one of if not the best team in Africa, Portugal has one of the best players in the world, and Germany is my pick to win the World Cup. I know Ronaldo is hurting right now, but we don't play Portugal first.

The team is not hopeless despite the other teams in the group. Ghana can be beaten, the US just hasn't had a lot of fortune vs them in other matches. Can't let their speed beat you but the US by all means can play with them and the other teams in the group as well. Have some faith it's not all bad all the time Debbie downer

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is not hopeless despite the other teams in the group. Ghana can be beaten, the US just hasn't had a lot of fortune vs them in other matches. Can't let their speed beat you but the US by all means can play with them and the other teams in the group as well. Have some faith it's not all bad all the time Debbie downer

I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. I was right about Mitch this year and nobody has given me props about that yet......

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. I was right about Mitch this year and nobody has given me props about that yet......

Who knows how MM will do, or if he even plays the rest of the season but if you want props for making a prediction that the dude would have the same season he has had in the past, then I guess congratulations to you will be in order if his 1/3 of a season ends up like his last few.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ivory Coast is the best team in Africa

Ghana is always solid and will surprise you if you don't come to play

People complain about the U.S.'s group but there are groups equally as difficult, at the end of the day, no matter what group you are in, you have to show up and be ready to play, no excuses

If the US coach is already planning for 2018, he's a bad coach

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows how MM will do, or if he even plays the rest of the season but if you want props for making a prediction that the dude would have the same season he has had in the past, then I guess congratulations to you will be in order if his 1/3 of a season ends up like his last few.

:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People complain about the U.S.'s group but there are groups equally as difficult, at the end of the day, no matter what group you are in, you have to show up and be ready to play, no excuses

:nod:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm trying to see if I can get ever new post on the front page, so....

Its got to be exciting that FIFA is "warning" the US to be ready for a 2022 World Cup, KNOWING that Seattle will be a destination if that is indeed the case, I've heard that there are fewer fanbases stronger than Seattle

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see another group as tough. And no, I don't see Klinsman just looking ahead to 2018.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its got to be exciting that FIFA is "warning" the US to be ready for a 2022 World Cup, KNOWING that Seattle will be a destination if that is indeed the case, I've heard that there are fewer fanbases stronger than Seattle

Seattle will almost certainly be a place where the US would play a match. Big home field advantage there.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: