• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Witten Retiring

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Tell team today, then announce in two days. So no one jumps us if it looks like we are going TE
What I'm saying is if Dallas doesn't draft a TE and its announced post draft, many fans will bitch unfairly at Witten

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's the latest on this? I'm seeing Garrett is trying to talk him into one more yr on the scroll at the bottom of my TV. I'm guessing nothing is for sure yet?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's the latest on this? I'm seeing Garrett is trying to talk him into one more yr on the scroll at the bottom of my TV. I'm guessing nothing is for sure yet?
There's also a report another network is offering him a deal.
I'm thinking his heart says play, his brain says TV.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witten got frustrated trying to catch all those errant passes thrown by Prescott.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read if Wit retires, we will have 3 guys that are 30 or over- LP , Lee, Bailey. Young mans game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Witten doesn't really want to come back he should just retire. We can replace his skill set I think because truth be told he has been dropping off a little lately and if the draft pick or Rico works out we could actually end up a little more dynamic and explosive. But we will have a lot of trouble trying to replace the leadership and role model he is on and off the field and in the offseason program as well and the "go to guy" at key points of the game. But he gave his heart and soul to this team like no other and deserves to move on if that is what he wants. He has a gold jacket waiting for him very soon either way. Hard to imagine this team without him as he has been the most prominent Cowboy of this Century and one of the most prominent of all time. But, we'll figure out a way to replace his snaps even though it will likely be a rotation of a few guys. But damn, one more year would be nice...

Decision expected Wednesday.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read if Wit retires, we will have 3 guys that are 30 or over- LP , Lee, Bailey. Young mans game.
Wow, one regular player. Hopefully he doesn't get any ideas after watching these other guys retire...:hope:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Witten doesn't really want to come back he should just retire. We can replace his skill set I think because truth be told he has been dropping off a little lately and if the draft pick or Rico works out we could actually end up a little more dynamic and explosive. But we will have a lot of trouble trying to replace the leadership and role model he is on and off the field and in the offseason program as well and the "go to guy" at key points of the game. But he gave his heart and soul to this team like no other and deserves to move on if that is what he wants. He has a gold jacket waiting for him very soon either way. Hard to imagine this team without him as he has been the most prominent Cowboy of this Century and one of the most prominent of all time. But, we'll figure out a way to replace his snaps even though it will likely be a rotation of a few guys. But damn, one more year would be nice...

Diminishing some - probably. It's just his damn presence. Heck I'm selfish , I know.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love Jason, but we all saw him really losing steps the last two years. Even his blocking was falling off. Great Cowboy, but time to go.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Jason, but we all saw him really losing steps the last two years. Even his blocking was falling off. Great Cowboy, but time to go.
I think it is time to not have him on the field for 90% of the snaps, but I think his role on this team is still needed and I'm hoping he stays one more year because I think we are better with him than without him in 2018.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is time to not have him on the field for 90% of the snaps, but I think his role on this team is still needed and I'm hoping he stays one more year because I think we are better with him than without him in 2018.

Pretty sure he is hanging them up

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he is hanging them up
Me too. I think the only way he doesn't is if he is able to sign a contract now that guarantees him a job next year or perhaps doing a little now in the preseason or in the post season after (if?) we are eliminated. But, like I said earlier, if he is ready to go he should just go. he left it all on the field and owes us nothing. But, I want to see what happens to that bonus we just paid him. We should be going after that which will make his retirement a cap friendly deal instead of a cap hit.