• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the 32nd Pick in Rd 1 ...

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see us trading down. If we pickup draft picks, it will be by trading players. But I wouldn't be surprised if we just have a lean draft this year - the price of winning the SB last year and moves made that helped us achieve that. They will take care of us thru FA and next years draft.

I think we stay put, and will be looking at a TE, OL or LB in that order of priority, depending on who is available.
In the 1st
It is highly unlikely that they will take a TE. They aren't going to pay a new guy more than they pay Ertz.
They haven't drafted a 4-3 LB since Jerry Robinson in '79. I doubt that they will draft one this year.
OT - Maybe
G - Unlikely
C - Unlikely
QB - NO
RB - They don't draft them in the 1st.
WR - My choice
DE - Depends on Bennett
DT - NO
CB - NO
S - Not likely

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of those are possible, if they stay @ #32. I think they trade down for a 2nd and a 3rd. There re a lot of Guards, so they will take the BPA.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been adding competition all over except DT and RB. I wouldn't be surprised to see Guice fall to us. Teams that could use an RB are at the top of the draft and it seems that's too high for him. Seattle and Detroit could use one. The pats could trade out of their pick to a team at the top of the 2nd, those might be the only hick-ups

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guice had a great pro day from what I have read. He could be around for us but I am not sold they draft a RB in 1st. Interested in the reasoning for not drafting a DT or safety? I think safety is slightly more of a need bc of age and cap but the DT cupboard is barren behind starters. As much as they rotate the DL one could be used. DE is a need with Curry gone and Long retiring soon. Bennet is old and not in the future IMO. I think S, DE or DT is highly likely. Throw LB slightly behind those.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is the best punter available?

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - MICHAEL DICKSON | NFL.com

"I don't get excited about punters, but I love this guy. It's not a stretch that Texas could produce the best kicker (Justin Tucker) and punter in the league at the same time." -- NFC team regional scout

Might not even make it to one of our 4th rounders - I've read that the Birds sent representatives down to his workout to look at him personally.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles trade 32nd pick to Cowboys for Dez Bryant.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. He has enough to help shut down the middle for at least another year. He is motivated!
plus, he is surrounded by talent on that line. Gotta love that.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Haloti Ngata but...

LOL coming from a Lions fan, of course you would know about being finished before something even starts...

Should have re-hired Wayne Fontes... at least the Lions used to make the playoffs back when he was the coach.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the 32nd pick in the 6th round?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, Ngata was brought in to be a rotational #3 DT. I think he can handle that.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 1st
It is highly unlikely that they will take a TE. They aren't going to pay a new guy more than they pay Ertz.
They haven't drafted a 4-3 LB since Jerry Robinson in '79. I doubt that they will draft one this year.
OT - Maybe
G - Unlikely
C - Unlikely
QB - NO
RB - They don't draft them in the 1st.
WR - My choice
DE - Depends on Bennett
DT - NO
CB - NO
S - Not likely

I'm not sure I get the comparison to Ertz Salary?? Didn't Ertz sign a 42 mil salary over 5 years in 2016?? He counts at 5mil this year and goes up to 11mil next year. At 1.32, a TE contract is likely to be less than 7mil over 4 years.. likely in the 1.5 mil range. I just don't get your comparison that any rookie TE is going to make more than Ertz. And TE is arguably our biggest need on offense right now. We just lost 2 key guys - one of which just commanded 8 mil a year. We need a new developmental TE like we had in burton, to go along with the vet. Rogers is merely the stop gap. I just don't get your rational at all here.

And LB is still the biggest area of need on defense (outside of possibly safety). It is not a stretch to think the biggest need on offense or defense might not be that selection at 1.32. This is not Andy Reid, that annually left us scratching our heads. Doug's/Howie's draft picks actually generally make sense. And this would make sense. And the rational, that we have not done it since '79 doesn't hold much water to me because this isn't the FO we have had since '79.

And while I'm a proponent that you draft a T in the 1st and a G in the 2nd.... 1.32 basically the top of the 2nd round pick. It would not be surprising at all to think we get a premier Guard here.

You just made a case for almost no position at all other than WR. That, imho, is close to the bottom of the list of needs for us right now. We have alshon, we have agholor and we just replaced Smith with an improved vet as well. We have Hollins as our developmental player that has shown to have good hands and plays very physical. So your looking at a #5 at best. You don't select a #5 WR in the 1st round.

No offense meant at all, I just disagree with your thought patterns.

I disagree that RB "should" be a selection here also, but I do see some people's rational for it. Blount has not been replaced, and it's a question as to whether we can put this all on Ajayi. Most are forgetting we will be getting sproles back as well - as another marque body in the RBBC. The RB is a crowded group, and adding more now is going to be luxury over need, in my opinion. But it could happen. I don't see WR at all.

I'm sticking with TE, LB, OL in that order.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll find out on the 26th.
-2iQfvGg_400x400.jpg

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we stay at 32 the pick has to be a position of need more so this year than in other years. Simply because we don't have a 2nd or 3rd rounder if we do go ahead and make a selection there. I see Safety absolutely in the mix at 32. Malcolm Jenkins has been a horse for us, but he's on the wrong side of 30. Rodney McCleod has been solid, but unspectacular opposite Jenkins ... after that we have nothing of note behind them. Snagging a top prospect at the position (like Justin Reid if still there) to rotate in and develop would not be a bad idea. I think TE is more of a possibility only in a trade down scenario ... it's a solid class, but I don't see any sure fire first round grades on any of them. Hurst will be a 25 year old rookie, Goedert and Andrews don't really have 1st round speed and Gesicki has the receiving ability but can't block a lick. My money is on OL if we stay put ... I keep going back to Brian O'Neill from Pitt as the only thing holding him back is the need to get stronger (which can easily be done with pro trainers). His size/athletic ability fits exactly what we do on Offense once Peters hangs em up. By that time he would have gotten stronger and would be ready to roll at LT.