• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the 32nd Pick in Rd 1 ...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How sweet it is to say that ... lol

Anyhoo ... any favs in the clubhouse? I did not follow College Ball as closely this year as I usually do, so I have a bit of tape to catch up on with this year's class. A trade down would make all the sense in the world without a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I keep hearing of a potential Foles to Minnesota deal for a 2nd rounder. The Eagles may do right by Foles after giving them their first Super Bowl by trading him where he can sign a new deal for starter money while snagging a valuable 2nd rounder in return.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just keep the team intact.

Add a stud at a position that's good value at the end of the 1st like LB, DT, OG/C or even TE/WR.

And set the draft board for two drafts from now.

No need to monkey around. Getting Sidney Jones helps with the offseason task of adding new blood.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Philly can go in a lot of directions with that pick, but I think three positions that are likely are WR, RB and LB.

They will likely lose players at all those positions in free agency, and will need a better starting receiver. They may also want to replace Blount with more of a speed back.

Ronald Jones II, Derius Guice and Sony Michel at RB are names to watch there IMO. All have more speed than Ajayi or Clement and would give us more of an Alvin Kamara type counterpunch.

At WR you have Christian Kirk, who can also return kicks and punts, which we need. Kind of a poor man's ODB.

And you have Courtland Sutton, who is a lot like Alshon Jeffery, but could give us another big WR on the outside who could dominate 1 on 1 battles and be a weapon in the red zone.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, at this point I would most prefer to see a trade down that gets us two picks on Day 2. Maybe trade #32 for a 2nd (and get them to throw in a 6/7). Find someone else to take one of our 4ths and a later round one next year to take their 3rd.

If not that look LB at #32.

I agree that there needs to be some depth drafted for RB and WR....with RB being a tad more important in the short to medium time range. WR needs some depth...but I have seen more than one mention this last week how we need to have a replacement #2 WR.

I am just going to say it now.....Mack Hollins' talent floor next year is easily Torey Smith's 2017 production. Easily. After than and Aggy WR falls off after that. There will be a lot of projects in camp, I am betting one of them pops up to contribute next year. With all that in mind....I do not value WR as a Day 1/2 pick.

TE....on the other hand (depending just how the next two months plays out).....

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive or defensive line.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think trading down from 32 is the way to go, especially if they can get a second and a third out of it.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB- Rashaan Evans.
DT/DE - Taven Bryan
WR/KR/PR - Dante Pettis
LB - Josey Jewell
TE - Mike Gesicki
RB - Rashad Penny

Some names to remember, especially if we trade Foles and trade down.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB- Rashaan Evans.
DT/DE - Taven Bryan
WR/KR/PR - Dante Pettis
LB - Josey Jewell
TE - Mike Gesicki
RB - Rashad Penny

Some names to remember, especially if we trade Foles and trade down.
I love TE Gesicki... Great hands and not afraid of contact.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raashad Evans is at the top of my current list.
Gesicki would add another dimension to the offense.
Sony Michel could be the Weapon of Mass Destruction.
I would keep the #32 unless I get a top of the 2nd pick and at least another 4.
I would trade Foles if imI confident in Wentz health, Foles wanted it and we get some serious compensation.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to add RB Ronald Jones to team up with Ajayi and Clement moving forward. Love Sony Michel as well if not Jones. Clement will take over Blount's role next season and he's a threat out of the backfield which Blount is not. Either Jones or Michel make our backfield more explosive and I see us continuing with a 3 headed backfield.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut Torrey Smith. Draft DJ Moore. I'm not sure I care what round.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Moore is a slot receiver. I doubt that they will move Agholor out of the slot. We'll see. He is a Philly native.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet they stick to the lines in round 1 if it doesn't get traded. They are obviously confident in big V and there is not a ton of value in the interior OL that early so I am going to guess either Taven Bryan or Maurice Hurst. I would love to see us get Hayden Hurst. Kid is good but a deep TE class this year. Just a little older since he played pro baseball.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen some people mock Hayden Hurst to us. DT is definitely a position of need, especially if the lose Beau Allen, at least in terms of depth. We have Cox and Jernigan both signed long term now, but behind them we have very little depth.

I see that more as a possible area we address in like the 4th round, but I guess it all depends on who is there when we pick. No doubt they value the lines, and rightly so, as we just saw in winning a title after dominating the lines of scrimmage last season.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although we can use a RB,WR,TE, with us giving up 600 yards in the SB, we have to add depth or replace DL, LB, and S. So, even though we would love to go BPA in the draft, we need a defensive player in the 1st, unless we trade down to get a 2nd and a 3rd.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense was very good most of the season. LB is the area where we could use improvement, especially if we lose Nigel Bradham. But Jordan Hicks should be returning, which will help. And at CB, Sydney Jones should help once he has a full training camp and offseason to compete for a starting job.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The defense was good all year. One game shouldn't be the factor for a draft pick.

I actually like the LB corps of Hicks, Kendricks, and Bradham. Would like to re-sign Bradham, but not sure the team can afford him. Kendricks may have to be renegotiated.

Hopefully Sydney Jones will help as I think the CBs are the weak part of the defense.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense was very good most of the season. LB is the area where we could use improvement, especially if we lose Nigel Bradham. But Jordan Hicks should be returning, which will help. And at CB, Sydney Jones should help once he has a full training camp and offseason to compete for a starting job.

Agree with hicks, except that he gets injured every year. We need to re-sign Bradham, keep Hicks and Kendricks, and draft a stud LB (Evans). We need depth to protect injuries. none of our backups are any god.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The defense was good all year. One game shouldn't be the factor for a draft pick.

I actually like the LB corps of Hicks, Kendricks, and Bradham. Would like to re-sign Bradham, but not sure the team can afford him. Kendricks may have to be renegotiated.

Hopefully Sydney Jones will help as I think the CBs are the weak part of the defense.

Our corners are good, and we have depth for a change. We need a stud safety, as Jenkins is getting old. plan for the long term.