• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Winnipeg Jets at Philadelphia Flyers 11/29/13 | 11:30am

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only caught bits here and there. Did catch the 5 on 3 to start the second, wow was that pathetic. But, good win, glad coots looked good, Mason with another strong showing.

We need to bury lengthy 5 on 3's, especially with a clean sheet of ice. It's too much of a momentum boost to the other team when you don't score. The Jets were extremely aggressive on that particular kill, but all we had to do was outnumber them at the puck and get it to open areas of the ice because it was a high risk kill. They had guys way out of position if we ever gathered the puck and centered it to a wide open man in the slot with a quick pass.

Really nice to see Hartnell net one, but that top line needs to produce more. I thought we thoroughly outplayed them for much of the game, but Pavelec was up to the task. Mason probably deserved the shutout and if only for fantasy purposes, I wish he'd gotten it...lol

I think that Couturier can be a weapon for us shorthanded much like Richie was. Then his line is pretty dominant at even strength too. Read is a sniper, Downie an underrated playmaker and they can all skate very well, plus they just have that chemistry.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to bury lengthy 5 on 3's, especially with a clean sheet of ice. It's too much of a momentum boost to the other team when you don't score. The Jets were extremely aggressive on that particular kill, but all we had to do was outnumber them at the puck and get it to open areas of the ice because it was a high risk kill. They had guys way out of position if we ever gathered the puck and centered it to a wide open man in the slot with a quick pass.

Really nice to see Hartnell net one, but that top line needs to produce more. I thought we thoroughly outplayed them for much of the game, but Pavelec was up to the task. Mason probably deserved the shutout and if only for fantasy purposes, I wish he'd gotten it...lol

I think that Couturier can be a weapon for us shorthanded much like Richie was. Then his line is pretty dominant at even strength too. Read is a sniper, Downie an underrated playmaker and they can all skate very well, plus they just have that chemistry.

Yeah the 5 on 3 and four minute power plays need to improve for the Flyers - they have to take advantage of those and bury teams early on with those advantages

The top line does need to produce more, I would love to see G spark that line of course and make it a line to be reckon with

Couts was dominant today, his game was just amazing and even with just a little bit of offense, it makes him so dangerous

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excellent post right on the money

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the 5 on 3 and four minute power plays need to improve for the Flyers - they have to take advantage of those and bury teams early on with those advantages

The top line does need to produce more, I would love to see G spark that line of course and make it a line to be reckon with

Couts was dominant today, his game was just amazing and even with just a little bit of offense, it makes him so dangerous

We need to move the puck faster on the 5 on 3. Hoping they realize this and we get a 2 man power play once a game.