• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 14 - Philadelphia Flyers at Winnipeg Jets(11-7-15): 7:00pm EST

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The power play hasn't looked that good since last season. I thought we could've scored 3 or 4 goals on it easily. Regardless of how terrible I thought the officiating was, we did draw 5 penalties and for the very first time this season gave up fewer than 30 shots. I don't think we got enough shots ourselves, but it is a start.

I do think we played a lot faster overall than in our last several games as well. I'm not sure why the sudden difference, but that's just what I recall.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The power play hasn't looked that good since last season. I thought we could've scored 3 or 4 goals on it easily. Regardless of how terrible I thought the officiating was, we did draw 5 penalties and for the very first time this season gave up fewer than 30 shots. I don't think we got enough shots ourselves, but it is a start.

I do think we played a lot faster overall than in our last several games as well. I'm not sure why the sudden difference, but that's just what I recall.
The difference was we caught the jets at a great time. The Jets just got back from a 4 game road trip and play us at home the go back on another 4 game road trip. I wish we could have scheduling like that all the time
I'm still a bit hesitant to roll with Neuvirth. Sure he has been great and Mason has underwhelmed, but I don't want our starter of three years dethroned after this short of a sample
Love the way Nuvy is playing stay with the hot hand for now then go back to Mase at the proper time.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference was we caught the jets at a great time. The Jets just got back from a 4 game road trip and play us at home the go back on another 4 game road trip. I wish we could have scheduling like that all the time

Love the way Nuvy is playing stay with the hot hand for now then go back to Mase at the proper time.

Who cares what the schedule was/wasn't - if the Jets won then the excuse would have been that they caught the Flyers on the last game of their road trip = works both ways, every team deals with different scheduling quirks/scenarios, you only play who is next on your schedule

I agree with Neuvy - just because he's hot and deserves to keep playing now doesn't mean Mase isn't the long-term starter - they just need to win and gain confidence right now

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares what the schedule was/wasn't - if the Jets won then the excuse would have been that they caught the Flyers on the last game of their road trip = works both ways, every team deals with different scheduling quirks/scenarios, you only play who is next on your schedule

I agree with Neuvy - just because he's hot and deserves to keep playing now doesn't mean Mase isn't the long-term starter - they just need to win and gain confidence right now
Fact is we caught them at a great time. You say "if" the Jets won. I'm not going by ifs im going by facts and the fact is we caught the at a great time in their schedule.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is we caught them at a great time. You say "if" the Jets won. I'm not going by ifs im going by facts and the fact is we caught the at a great time in their schedule.

You're not wrong, but the same excuse definitely would have been made if the Jets had won - fact is, Flyers played a great game and the Jets didn't

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought the PP showed it's on the verge of breaking out in this game. there were a couple of power plays where the top unit was in the zone for 90 seconds, and shooting. it wasn't like they were just passing around the perimeter. I'm optimistic coming in to this week that they can maybe get it together. they need the PP to click to have a shot at the playoffs.