• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Cards surprise some NFC west team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course a seachickens fan would say that... :wtf:

Of course a Seahawk fan would say that, he had a great rookie season against all odds. Not many believed Wilson could be a NFL starter, much less accomplish what he did in his rookie season. So yeah....Seahawks fan believe in Russell Wilson.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he shocked a lot of people. The jury is still out for the rest of the NFL. Time will tell!

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for Drew Brees to drop off too. Still hasn't happened.

Drew Brees didn't start his rookie year, and in his second year as a starter definitely slumped. He really didn't hit his stride until his fourth or fifth year. So the comparison other than both being short is not very good. Drew Brees is currently a better QB than Wilson, but Wilson is better than Brees was at this point in his career.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Palmer is an upgrade over everyone from last season and I feel more than comfortable with Stanton as the backup. As far as Kolb is concerned he is injury prone and the offensive line was terrible last season. I'm not sure Kolb was the best quarterback on the team last season and I really don't care because nothing was good.

So how does it change this season. Its quite simple because we have a whole new coaching staff. Can this staff come up with a line that can give our quarterback some time and can this line find a way to open some holes for the running game. We will find out soon enough when the regular season starts.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with Drew Stanton, the Cardinals have the best Backup QB situation in the NFC West.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what?

Based on the fact he's a solid veteran, could probably easily be the starter, can make all the throws, and he's ready...

I really don't like the Backup situation in Seattle and San Francisco at all. Especially since they are totally opposite QB's from their starters... if either Wilson or Kaepernick get nicked, the effectiveness of both teams drop dramatically.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's close between Stanton and Jackson. Jackson has looked good in preseason, but so has Stanton. miners and Rams are doomed if their starting QB'S gets injured.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CakesW;3460430[B said:
]Based on the fact he's a solid veteran, could probably easily be the starter[/B], can make all the throws, and he's ready...

I really don't like the Backup situation in Seattle and San Francisco at all. Especially since they are totally opposite QB's from their starters... if either Wilson or Kaepernick get nicked, the effectiveness of both teams drop dramatically.

I don't really know enough about Stanton to comment, but if he's ready to start...that's a leg up over TJak and McCoy, I'll reserve judgement on this until I know enough to judge if this a fact or just preseason enthusiasm from a fan.

Hope this post isn't to garbled, my first try at multi quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldSeattle
Based on what?

Based on the fact he's a solid veteran, could probably easily be the starter, can make all the throws, and he's ready...

So your saying Stanton is like Palmer? Not to many teams have a back up that mirrors the starter.

That may true, but both teams have a good team that can absorb a drop off, to some degree. Our you saying if Stanton started , not much of a drop? We may see that theory get tested. I like seeing all the optimism from Cards fans.
When I first started posting here it seemed Cards fans were a bit down on their team.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with Drew Stanton, the Cardinals have the best Backup QB situation in the NFC West.

It's not often I disagree with you but I will here. Granted, I know a lot more of how TJ plays than DS, but I expect we will get to see Drew start some games this year.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanton looks good, I like him as a backup QB... crazy that our backup is now an upgrade over what we had last year. Our QB situation for the next couple years looks decent. Still need to eventually draft our long term QB, however.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not often I disagree with you but I will here. Granted, I know a lot more of how TJ plays than DS, but I expect we will get to see Drew start some games this year.

You are allowed to disagree :suds:

I just think its Stantons time. Its close between him and TJack but all things considered, especially since Seattle's offense would have to change its approach with him behind center makes me like Stanton in the Cardinals backup roll.

Notice how I did say backup Qb "situation"

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just think its Stantons time. Its close between him and TJack but all things considered, especially since Seattle's offense would have to change its approach with him behind center makes me like Stanton in the Cardinals backup roll.

That's a got point cakes. If Palmer goes down, the Cards would't have to change their offense at all. As a matter of fact, one could say Stanton knows the offense better than Palmer because he spent more time in Arians system.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be confident with our team if Washington wasn't suspended for the first 4 games he is such a force and is going to have a big year when he comes back I think he's our best player.........

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a lot of people saying that about Cam Newton as well. As we all like to look into our NFL crystal ball's, the fact of the matter is....Only time will tell.

The difference is Wilson actually contributed to winning games. Newton put up good numbers as a rookie, but they didn't win anything. I think there is more optimism about Wilson because the team around him is better than the one around Newton. And I do believe Wilson has a better head on his shoulders than Newton. Wilson looks like the real deal to me. I actually expect him to be the best QB in the division next year. Personally I think Kaepernick takes the step back. Maybe because I just really don't like the 49ers, but I think it is because he is a first read kind of guy. Too willing to run. Which increases the chance of injury. The kid has a cannon for an arm, but the WR situation in San Fran isn't as good as last year and now there is more tape on the kid. Time will tell.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes Cakes, I was aware we are talking backups. 2 years ago with a lesser team TJ went 7-7 as our starter while he nursed a torn pectoral muscle all year. This year he is healthy and looks great in the PS. Even though TJ doesn't possess the complete package as a read option QB, we won't have to adjust much at all if Russell can't go. We will remain a smashmouth run 1st offense.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At one time it looked like Stanton would be the starter and then they were able to get Palmer. The nice thing about Stanton is that he really hasn't had any consistent playing time so he my be much better than many think. Arians went after him almost as soon as he got here.

As for Jackson he isn't very good but with that line he could do pretty well.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scorp, I bet you're missing ol ......Geez I've already forget his name..He played QB and couldn't hit the side of a barn............ But you loved him :-) oh that's right John Skelton was his name. hahahahaha

So who is OSU going to choke against this year with that cupcake schedule?

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a double standard going on when banning posts? I got banned for calling harold who is a seahawks fan obsessed (which he is) on the cardinals board but seahawks fans are allowed to troll and not get banned for their gay smack on 49ers fans on the cards board?

Mod Removed unnecessary info. Additional added:

It is not a double standard. The new mods for the Cards forum were announced on 8/27.

Since then, "New" posts are being removed if they are attempting to incite. What you are posting about is older than that and not really on topic for the thread.

This thread topic is: Will the Cards surprise some NFC west team.

If there is (and I've not looked) a general off topic thread on SportsHoopla, this might have a place there. If there isn't then perhaps there should be.

Other than that, talking about Trolling, or banning or continued postings about who did etc... will simply be removed as it doesn't belong here.

The new AZCard Mods don't have the ability to ban anyone right now. So if someone got banned it was higher up.

DweeberAZ - Mod.

Last edited by a moderator: