• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Cards surprise some NFC west team.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals didn't beat the Rams last season because they had nobody at quarterback. Carson Palmer is above and beyond anybody we put on the field last season. In fact I think the backup Drew Stanton is also above and beyond anything we had on this team last season.

Arians as a coach should have a team with far better chemistry than any of the teams under Whis. Arians is tough and straight to the point which is the opposite of Whis.

As for the Hawks and Niners this season. A couple good hits on that stick quarterback Kaepernick could have a serious effect on him. As for Wilson teams will learn how to play him and I doubt he performs like he did last year. The guy is a shrimp when it comes to the traditional NFL quarterback and teams wil force him to beat them with his arm and not his feet.

Remembering that first game against the Rams last year, it wasn't on the QB. The OL played one of the worst games of football I remember. Kolb had NO time to throw the football that game. It was horrendous. Now, before you go off saying that I think Kolb was a good QB, that isn't what I said. Palmer is an upgrade. I don't think nearly as big of an upgrade as everyone else thinks. Remember, the Cardinals were 4-2 when Kolb played with one of those losses to Buffalo when Feely missed a chip in. This team nosed dived into oblivion when Kolb went down. I am glad he was let go and that he isn't a Cardinal. They made the right choice. But don't act like all of the sudden the Cardinals are WAY better than last year because of Palmer. They are better than last year more because of Brown, Winston, Cooper and Potter, than Palmer.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are WAY better this year because of Palmer. I agree he's not a massive upgrade over a healthy Kolb, but that person doesn't exist. He's a massive upgrade over Kolb in reality which gives you 4 games or less per year. And he's about 50 times better than Skelton or Lindley, both of whom shouldn't even be on a practice squad.

I also think Stanton is a big upgrade too. It's nice to have a serviceable backup and I think he fits that bill. Nothing special, but probably not someone that will single-handedly lose games for you when everyone else is contributing to winning.

WHIZENATOR

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kolb was possibly the worst QB in the league. I remember one of the Raiders DL talking about how Kolb looked scared out there at times. Here was Kolb's go to play last year, take the snap, roll out of the pocket, then throw it out of bounds. He seriously did that 90% of his passing plays, it made me want to take my TV and smash it on the ground. Yea, I'm sure you'd like to blame it on the line, but when Skeleton came in he would step up into the box and make throws. Although they were inaccurate by long shots, at least he would finish the play and go through progressions. I have no faith in Kolb and I think he's probably the worst QB that I've seen in the league. Max Hall was better than him and Palmer is 1,000x better than him.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi all. First post here and I gotta say, it is impossible to predict what the Cards will do this year. You can’t look at what they did last year to make any kind of prediction.
1. 1. Brand new general manager
2. 2. Brand new coaching staff (lead by last years “coach of the year”)
3. 3. Brand new QB situation
4. 4. Brand new RB situation
5. 5. Overhauled O-line
6. 6. Added depth and youth to an already solid defense

Did I leave anything out? Point being, this team is completely different in the most crucial areas. If you look at the roster on paper, it appears very solid. Whether that translates into more wins remains to be seen. The team has to gel and that could take some time. Am I predicting a division win?? NO! But I would not be surprised if the team challenges for a playoff spot.

It’s a new season and the entire league has the same record. Every year there are surprises. Could this year’s surprise be the Cards??? Ya never know. RISE UP RED SEA and have some faith. Remember Kool-Aid in small doses can be tasty.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals didn't beat the Rams last season because they had nobody at quarterback. Carson Palmer is above and beyond anybody we put on the field last season. In fact I think the backup Drew Stanton is also above and beyond anything we had on this team last season.

Arians as a coach should have a team with far better chemistry than any of the teams under Whis. Arians is tough and straight to the point which is the opposite of Whis.

As for the Hawks and Niners this season. A couple good hits on that stick quarterback Kaepernick could have a serious effect on him. As for Wilson teams will learn how to play him and I doubt he performs like he did last year. The guy is a shrimp when it comes to the traditional NFL quarterback and teams wil force him to beat them with his arm and not his feet.

Yup, Kaep at 6'5/230 is pretty fragile and tiny. Such a stick! :lame:

As far as Wilson is concerned, you are either ignorant or a moron. I don't make it a point to defend another team's QB but he consistently beat teams with his arm and has used his feet to prolong plays so I have no idea where you are pulling this garbage from. Actually, never mind, I have a good idea where you are pulling this out of.

This takes nothing away from the Cards, who just with Palmer alone have upgraded tremendously but downplaying the exceptional play from two top 10 QBs in order for you to feel better about your team's chances is silly and laughable.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you really quote some clown from Oakland as authority that Kolb was scared? I'd be more afraid of their fans than their team.

Kolb absolutely was not playing scared. He was murdered and drilled into the ground regularly and hung in there with poise. I was shocked he wasn't injured sooner. Kolb's problem is that he is the slowest healer ever. I predict he's ready to play again in 2016 after he slipped on that mat in Buffalo. He came in cold and won the Seattle game with a pretty memorable drive in Game 1. He was decent enough until he went down...worst QB in the NFL...that's a big harsh.

But enough about Kolb...bring on Green Bay tomorrow!

WHIZENATOR

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Did you really quote some clown from Oakland as authority that Kolb was scared? I'd be more afraid of their fans than their team.

Kolb absolutely was not playing scared. He was murdered and drilled into the ground regularly and hung in there with poise. I was shocked he wasn't injured sooner. Kolb's problem is that he is the slowest healer ever. I predict he's ready to play again in 2016 after he slipped on that mat in Buffalo. He came in cold and won the Seattle game with a pretty memorable drive in Game 1. He was decent enough until he went down...worst QB in the NFL...that's a big harsh.

But enough about Kolb...bring on Green Bay tomorrow!

I sure did quote him. He's down on the field playing in the games. Kolb did one thing, take the snap, curl out of the pocket to his right, and throw it out of bounds. That's all he did and here is a link to the discussion about him playing scared. Both Warner and the other analyst talk about how Kolb looks uncomfortable in the pocket and it shows on film.

Is Kevin Kolb playing scared? - NFL Videos

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, Kaep at 6'5/230 is pretty fragile and tiny. Such a stick! :lame:

As far as Wilson is concerned, you are either ignorant or a moron. I don't make it a point to defend another team's QB but he consistently beat teams with his arm and has used his feet to prolong plays so I have no idea where you are pulling this garbage from. Actually, never mind, I have a good idea where you are pulling this out of.

This takes nothing away from the Cards, who just with Palmer alone have upgraded tremendously but downplaying the exceptional play from two top 10 QBs in order for you to feel better about your team's chances is silly and laughable.

Wilson is to short and you will see him drop off from what he did last season.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be uncomfortable in the pocket with no line in front of me, no running game, and poor playcalling. I'll take a scared QB at 4-1 anyday. He got sacked 27 times in a 4-game span. All things considered, he held up just fine considering the context. I'm not a big Kolb fan but always found it perplexing when people talked about the guy like he was some frightened toddler back there. Were we watching the same games?! His stats and play were 100 times better than Skelton/Lindley (I know, not much of a standard) and those clowns were playing when the line started to play okay too.

And if you are citing the Oakland player's credibility being that he was simply "on the field" and had a firsthand look, I could give you a list of 100 stupid and inaccurate things dumb athletes said about something they claimed happened on the field.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be uncomfortable in the pocket with no line in front of me, no running game, and poor playcalling. I'll take a scared QB at 4-1 anyday. He got sacked 27 times in a 4-game span. All things considered, he held up just fine considering the context. I'm not a big Kolb fan but always found it perplexing when people talked about the guy like he was some frightened toddler back there. Were we watching the same games?! His stats and play were 100 times better than Skelton/Lindley (I know, not much of a standard) and those clowns were playing when the line started to play okay too.

And if you are citing the Oakland player's credibility being that he was simply "on the field" and had a firsthand look, I could give you a list of 100 stupid and inaccurate things dumb athletes said about something they claimed happened on the field.

I am with you Johnson. I have been accused of being a Kolb apologist many times. I don't think he was all that good. But he was BY FAR the best QB on the team the last 2 seasons and I don't see Palmer as a huge upgrade like many others. He was behind a terrible line last year and still played OK. Skelton and Lindley were awful. Like I said, I am glad Kolb is gone, I think it was the right move. But removing him doesn't instantly make the team a winner. Kolb wasn't the most glaring area of weakness on the team last year. Far from it. I think a lot of posters believe because he was overpaid that we was worse than he was.

WHIZENATOR

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kolb could be accurate at times. If you were to make a list of positives and negatives it would look a little like this.

Positives
: Short route accuracy
: Interviews well

Negatives
: Injury Prone
: Bad Pocket awareness
: Under throws intermediate and longer routes
: Mental toughness is a ?
: Commitment level is a ?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kolb could be accurate at times. If you were to make a list of positives and negatives it would look a little like this.

Positives
: Short route accuracy
: Interviews well

Negatives
: Injury Prone
: Bad Pocket awareness
: Under throws intermediate and longer routes
: Mental toughness is a ?
: Commitment level is a ?

Couldn't you attribute the first three negatives to a piss poor OL that basically played Matador blocking schemes, allowing rushers to just blow right by them without stepping in the waY? Hard NOT to be injury prone when you are getting blasted each play. Hard to have pocket awareness when you are running for your life. Hard to accurately throw any route that requires a 5 or 7 step drop without getting pummeled. I don't think Kolb is great but I have to believe that with a decent line, he would be a pretty decent QB like he was in Philly.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't you attribute the first three negatives to a piss poor OL that basically played Matador blocking schemes, allowing rushers to just blow right by them without stepping in the waY? Hard NOT to be injury prone when you are getting blasted each play. Hard to have pocket awareness when you are running for your life. Hard to accurately throw any route that requires a 5 or 7 step drop without getting pummeled. I don't think Kolb is great but I have to believe that with a decent line, he would be a pretty decent QB like he was in Philly.

He was injured in Philly, he was injured in AZ and he is injured in Buffalo. Sure the O-line in AZ sucked but it doesn't take away from the fact the he is still a slow healer and very fragile. I don't care what anyone says, but when you injure yourself walking from the practice field, you are injury-prone...plain and simple. I will say if he wasn't injury-prone he would be a solid QB.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was injured in Philly, he was injured in AZ and he is injured in Buffalo. Sure the O-line in AZ sucked but it doesn't take away from the fact the he is still a slow healer and very fragile. I don't care what anyone says, but when you injure yourself walking from the practice field, you are injury-prone...plain and simple. I will say if he wasn't injury-prone he would be a solid QB.

Fair assessment. Without a running game and a decent OL, Tom Brady wouldn't have been successful. But I will definitely agree with the notion that Kolb is definitely injury prone.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair assessment. Without a running game and a decent OL, Tom Brady wouldn't have been successful. But I will definitely agree with the notion that Kolb is definitely injury prone.

Who could disagree with with that notion?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is to short and you will see him drop off from what he did last season.

Disagree.
He will have a better year than last year. He was not designated the starter until after game 3 in last year's preseason. At the most he got 1/3 the snaps in TC and was behind the ball in game 1 of last year's regular season.
He has proven everyone wrong at every turn about his height. Your opinion will go down in flames in short order.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree.
He will have a better year than last year. He was not designated the starter until after game 3 in last year's preseason. At the most he got 1/3 the snaps in TC and was behind the ball in game 1 of last year's regular season.
He has proven everyone wrong at every turn about his height. Your opinion will go down in flames in short order.
I remember a lot of people saying that about Cam Newton as well. As we all like to look into our NFL crystal ball's, the fact of the matter is....Only time will tell.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree.

Of course a seachickens fan would say that... :wtf: