• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Cards surprise some NFC west team.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Breaker99 is Stupor!

Now it makes sense! Whas'up Stupor-troll?!? Have your troll-nuts healed up after being casterated here??

PS: I miss the fairy tales about how awesome your life is! Please tell me again about biking with Tom Brady!!

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little gay smack, some name calling.... just another day in the life of a seahawk fan with internets.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. And rubber glue too.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little gay smack, some name calling.... just another day in the life of a seahawk fan with internets.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. And rubber glue too.

LOL!

The hypocrite Stupors strikes again!

I guess when you can't talk your smack without getting banned you try to resort to the "holier-than-thou" routine. Pretty funny considering the source.

Thanks again for the laughs!

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9ers fans and Hawks fans fight like an old married couple.

P.S. - Fuck both your teams. :whistle:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the defense? I don't think the offense will surprise anybody. Everyone knows they were just a player or 2 shy of having an amazing offense. Not so much the defense.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry guys, once kaperdick takes his talents to south beach, the 49ers will return back to oblivion. He already has the hat so his foot is practically in the door!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they take down the seahawks last year in worse condition they are in than this year? While the niners beat them twice? :nod:

And seriously harold, you got me banned from the seahawks board? For what? Questioning your tactic of allowing seahawk fans to create troll bait threads and then over moderating the fans of other teams that respond? All I said was that was a poor way to reduce trolling on your board and you get me banned? Sheesh..... thin skinned in Seattle.

Breaker your posts just come off as arrogant and self serving. You start off almost all your posts with a jab and then call Seattle fans thin skinned? wtf hahaha. Someone has very thin skin and it's not the Hawks fans on the HAWKS board lol.

Anyway back to the topic. I believe the Cards can take a huge step forward this season but that all rides on Carsons shoulder. He will be the biggest factor on that team, the health of him and the production they will get from their rb's. If they can have a 1,000 or even 900 yards from 1 RB and Carson reverts to even his 2010 self they could win 7-8 games. Thing is and a real important thing that people are forgetting, this division is very defensive and Palmer throws a ton of INT's, always has. Those INT's in this division will kill you. If he throws 20+ picks The Cards will not be winning much unless he throws for 40 TD, he has only reached the 30's (32) once in his career.

Palmer averages 1.3 turnovers PER GAME for his career. That has to change playing in the NFC West if they want to win. That stat has jumped up to almost 1.5 per game the past 3 seasons and continues to climb. Palmer needs a rebirth and THEN some playing for the Cards for them to have anything over a .500 season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wanted to add

this thread got INFESTED and it's actually funny. some people, i swear, cry into their pillow every night saying "them mean ol' seahawks fans Sob..sob.."

should i say some person not people?

Cards should be better than last season and i think should win a few more games. They will need a few more seasons rebuilding or just blow it all up like Pete did. They can't walk around on egg shells. Either blow it up and start over or struggle around .500

Last edited by a moderator:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there another Arizona Cardinal fan that makes up the plural "fans"?

c85478f3_crop_650x440.jpg

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't that many Arizona Cardinal fans here. Nor were there at ESPN. It doesn't take a Accountant to figure that out....

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you another douche 49er fan? Doesn't surprise me.

He is, but there are some actual good 49'er posters.... Breaker sadly refuses to lump himself into that category no matter how much we urge him.

What does everybody think of the John Abraham potential signing ?

2013 is a rebuild year... virtually ALL of the team is going to be gone in 2014 the way they handed out contracts this year.... come 2014, this is going to be a VERY young football team. (Which is fine with me, they needed to blow it up)

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem for the Cards is that the NFC West bar is raised really high -- Kaepernick, Wilson, Bradford, Harbaugh, Carroll, Fisher. Those are top 10 quarterbacks and top 5 coaches in the same division. That makes it tough, also all these teams are pretty young, and the 49ers have so many draft picks next year to re stock their team they can get young and good quick.
But to this season, I think Carson Palmer will add a lot to the team, but it still might not make a difference in the record.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats about what I expect as well... I think the Cardinals will be in many more football games this year, and will probably scare the 49'ers and Seahawks when they play in Arizona. Possibly even win a game vs. the Rivals... but I don't expect a leap in the record... I've got it penciled in as a 6 win team, and that is really what I think it is.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards have a better team than most give them credit for. Their D is tough, but there appears to be too many holes to be overly successful in what should be the toughest division in the NFL this year.

But at least they have a real QB this year. The Cards can compete.

The reality is that no team can come into a game with a "sleepwalk" attitude. All of the teams here can win on any given day (I know that this is cliche but it is certainly the truth in the NFC West). The 9ers and the Hawks are getting all of the press but sleeping on the Rams and Cards would be a big mistake this year, even moreso than last year.

I agree jake. The Cardinal's team as a whole will be better than last year, but I don't think their record will reflect that. I am predicting 6-10. But I like where they are going. QB still concerns me. I am not convinced Palmer is really that much better than Kolb. Skelton and Lindley were beyond awful though. Remember, with Kolb at the helm, the Cardinals had a winning record last year. They only won one game when the other guys took the reigns.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been looking at a lot of football nerd stats and one of the teams that keeps jumping out at me as an obvious sleeper team is the Arizona Cardinals. I'm not a fan.

Its not hard to conceptualize the Cardinals being roughly as good as the Colts were on offense last year (middle of the pack) and if you make the leap that the Cardinals could be a middle of the pack offensive team, they become a playoff contender and a team that fits in a power ranking slot of 8-10 very quickly. Its actually almost more logical to see growth coming from the Cardinals than from the Rams or even the Seahawks to sustain their lofty efficiency.

But then you can sort of apply the eyeball test and figure that an offense like the Colts probably would've gotten beat up in the NFC West last year.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few other things to keep in mind: the Seahawks and 49ers aren't going to be surprising anyone with Wilson and Kaep this year. There will be a year's worth of tape and teams are going to gameplan for it better. Kudos to them for being such effective rookies, but things could be rougher than expected for these two.

The Cards have a major upgrade at the most important position (QB). Last year, they are easily, IMO, 8-8 with a QB that isn't NCAA Div-2 caliber trying to play behind the line. I expect Arians & co. to be about 50 times more effective than Whisenhunt in calling plays (which could still make him just average)...but again, huge upgrade.

I haven't pencilled the Cards in for last place like a lot have. Will I be shocked if they are? No. But I have cautious optimism for the moment.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals didn't beat the Rams last season because they had nobody at quarterback. Carson Palmer is above and beyond anybody we put on the field last season. In fact I think the backup Drew Stanton is also above and beyond anything we had on this team last season.

Arians as a coach should have a team with far better chemistry than any of the teams under Whis. Arians is tough and straight to the point which is the opposite of Whis.

As for the Hawks and Niners this season. A couple good hits on that stick quarterback Kaepernick could have a serious effect on him. As for Wilson teams will learn how to play him and I doubt he performs like he did last year. The guy is a shrimp when it comes to the traditional NFL quarterback and teams wil force him to beat them with his arm and not his feet.