• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Would Have Thought....?

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a 27-7 final, really. The Patriots scored on offense late in the 4th. The Ravens took Flacco out of the game, put his backup in. He fumbled the first snap - Patriots returned it for a TD. Pats kicked off, then put their defensive backups on the field - it was basically a preseason game at that point. Ravens had a couple plays, then Tavon Wilson picked off a pass and returned it for a touchdown. Kickoff, Ravens just run out the clock, game over.

Does that clear it up?

No. I looked the score up and it said 41-7. I don't care. Either way they kicked ass.:yahoo:

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooooooooo.now I get it. It was 20 to 7 because it was the third quarter. I though it was the 4th when I changed back to the game. So I actually turned back to the channel thinking it was the 4th quarter when in actuality it was the 3rd quarter. So I changed the channel after the 3 rd quarter because I thought the game finished. So I actually missed the 4th quarter. Wow. Seems logical.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southie, did you read what I wrote?

You're going after the wrong person here. I have the utmost respect for this terrific site and I run one myself. I've been a moderator at others and I cannot fathom why NEhomer would draw your fire and not the individual who refuses to control themselves.

I'm not going after you, Homer. You have not drawn my fire either. I'm suggesting we don't encourage their behaviour. We should not join in either, IMHO.....

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going after you, Homer. You have not drawn my fire either. I'm suggesting we don't encourage their behaviour. We should not join in either, IMHO.....

Aw come on...can't I rip her a new one just once using vulgar insults about her family and parenting skill, with other assorted personal insults and lies, and then say I won't do it again if she treats me in a civil manner...?

In the real world, when offenders get a slap on the hand by the criminal justice system it encourages further bad behavior.

Just sayin' Mr. Mod.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw come on...can't I rip her a new one just once using vulgar insults about her family and parenting skill, with other assorted personal insults and lies, and then say I won't do it again if she treats me in a civil manner...?

In the real world, when offenders get a slap on the hand by the criminal justice system it encourages further bad behavior.

Just sayin' Mr. Mod.

First, I'm not a mod.
Second, Isn't a lot more fun to rip her a new one if she comes back and rips you?
Third, is that an olive branch?
fourth, civil? Give it a rest, this is a site to speak your mind, that said, this sports board is a (dysfunctional) family. I really like Rehone and would think her presence adds a lot to our board.

Agreement between you and Rehone is not going to happen. So what? Please, both of you, make an effort to get along - but please don't agree!!!!

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I'm not a mod.
Second, Isn't a lot more fun to rip her a new one if she comes back and rips you?
Third, is that an olive branch?
fourth, civil? Give it a rest, this is a site to speak your mind, that said, this sports board is a (dysfunctional) family. I really like Rehone and would think her presence adds a lot to our board.

Agreement between you and Rehone is not going to happen. So what? Please, both of you, make an effort to get along - but please don't agree!!!!

First, I wasn't talking to you when I said Mr. Mod...it was to JDM because he's the board moderator.
Second, after her thousand word attack post she told JDM she'd be civil to me if I was to her. I didn't retaliate in similar fashion so in essence, it was my fault, but she got her thousand word attack post in and got a slap on the wrist.
Third, she replied to the OP with another sarcastic response that was clearly directed at me.

I won't bother with her unless she goes on another rant or says something directed at me or someone else chimes in after she does it. That's fair IMO.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did she say wrong in this topic? If you're going to keep calling her out when she is behaving you're not helping the situation.

To the rest, I'm the one who told them to be civil. It's a board about the patriots, not about people calling each other out about bullshit in their personal lives. No one wants to read that.

So TKO was doing the right thing by not responding in kind. There's a certain standard of being reasonable that is required elsewhere on this site, and it's held here, too. Personal insults add nothing to anything, and when a thread is taken over by that, it prevents the actual discussion of football we're here for.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did she say wrong in this topic? If you're going to keep calling her out when she is behaving you're not helping the situation.

To the rest, I'm the one who told them to be civil. It's a board about the patriots, not about people calling each other out about bullshit in their personal lives. No one wants to read that.

So TKO was doing the right thing by not responding in kind. There's a certain standard of being reasonable that is required elsewhere on this site, and it's held here, too. Personal insults add nothing to anything, and when a thread is taken over by that, it prevents the actual discussion of football we're here for.

As far as what she said goes...She was called a bitch by another poster for baiting me and she admitted she was being sarcastic when she did it...read it for yourself. I'm not calling her out...she called me out...I'm just responding to her wise ass comment. Don't single me out when that stuff is going on throughout the rest of the posts on this board.

Like I said...I won't bother with her unless she goes on another rant or says something directed at me or someone else chimes in after she does it. That's fair IMO.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the thread. Being sarcastic is allowed.

My point is that the transition from sarcastic comment to everyone either talking shit or trying to resolve it shouldn't happen so easily. Multiple people were involved in that and I called none of them out.

I may make a black hole type thread like some of the other forums have and move off topic bickering (and any responses to it) to there from here on out. If I do this, though, I still can't be on 24/7. Help me out by ignoring some of it and keeping the thread on the topic at hand. Don't reward misbehavior with extra attention.

Can people do that? That's not at one individual; it's at everyone. I'm tired of thread after thread ending like this. We're all football fans, we're all patriots fans, so can we please treat each other like adults?

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My point is that the transition from sarcastic comment to everyone either talking shit or trying to resolve it shouldn't happen so easily. Multiple people were involved in that and I called none of them out.

I may make a black hole type thread like some of the other forums have and move off topic bickering (and any responses to it) to there from here on out. If I do this, though, I still can't be on 24/7. Help me out by ignoring some of it and keeping the thread on the topic at hand. Don't reward misbehavior with extra attention.

Can people do that? That's not at one individual; it's at everyone. I'm tired of thread after thread ending like this. We're all football fans, we're all patriots fans, so can we please treat each other like adults?

I won't do anything more than anyone else does...but I reserve the right to do what everyone else does. Fair is fair.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screw you asshole! (this is supposed to be humor) This has gotten way to serious. I agree JDM, Lets enjoy the banter and talk football - not personal!

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're going to find out how you handle trolls when the playoffs start.

Does anyone remember KwitYerWhinin at ESPN?

Guess what, I have spotted him lurking on this message board and it is only a matter of time that he and the other zipper heads get started on this board.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other fans are more than welcome to post.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other fans are more than welcome to post.

And that is why you should not be this teams' moderator because you have no clue as to what is going to happen here if sportshoopla.com has a fraction of the people who came to the New England Patriots message board at ESPN and were fans of other teams.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then feel free to leave. :thumb:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not going to happen. If you keep trying to run off other fans you won't have a choice, though.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an observation. Take it or leave it. Just don't be surprised.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an observation. Take it or leave it. Just don't be surprised.

Hey JDM - can I tell you what I have been observing over the last six months?

The New England Patriots message board for sportshoopla.com only has two things going for it.

1 - We are some of the guys at the ESPN message board who decided to come over here because it was guys like Briz that recommended this site.

2 - There have been little to no trolls coming to this site as evidenced by the lack of traffic.

If you think that trolls coming to this message board is going to increase traffic then by all means, allow it.

But I can tell you that we are not going to put up with any increase in trolling traffic because the message board moderator is going to permit it.

You can bank on it.

As far as you are concerned, your past posts make it obvious why you shouldn't be a moderator of this message board because frankly you don't get it. You can start on your rant about college football and work your way down from there.