• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Would Have Thought....?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of thoughts:

I don't have a problem with trolls showing up - they can be fun if they have something (new) to offer.

I had it out with Kwityerwhinen already. Tries to bully even guys on his own board. Have to admit I don't like the guy but he causes me no trouble

Oldschool (ravens version) is a troll. He has trolled here and does not cause trouble. I'd like to continue to see guys here that don't agree with me.

We don't always agree with each other and that should not be personal.

I tried Patsfan dot but I left because they were talking about banning someone for a joke that was not funny. Not mean or anything - just stupid. If we start threatening decent posters, I'm outa here too. I really doubt Hammer is all about that.....

Finally, if you want agreement, you need to find another hobby, IMHO

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of thoughts:

I don't have a problem with trolls showing up - they can be fun if they have something (new) to offer.

I had it out with Kwityerwhinen already. Tries to bully even guys on his own board. Have to admit I don't like the guy but he causes me no trouble

Oldschool (ravens version) is a troll. He has trolled here and does not cause trouble. I'd like to continue to see guys here that don't agree with me.

We don't always agree with each other and that should not be personal.

I tried Patsfan dot but I left because they were talking about banning someone for a joke that was not funny. Not mean or anything - just stupid. If we start threatening decent posters, I'm outa here too. I really doubt Hammer is all about that.....

Finally, if you want agreement, you need to find another hobby, IMHO

He ran off cdumler in another topic. I don't know how often you go to either the Denver board or the NFL board, but he is a far better poster than anything bruschi has resembled. Running off quality posters just because they happen to root for another team when they are making quality posts on our board is not acceptable IMO.

I have handled actual trolling from other fans, and have done so as quickly as was reasonable. But if you're going to try to harass fans of other teams I'm not having that. I don't have absolute control (no ban powers, for instance), but I will do what I can to make this board as welcoming as possible to anyone attempting to contribute. Anyone trying to detract from that is a problem, and I will do what I can to handle that behavior.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ran off cdumler in another topic. I don't know how often you go to either the Denver board or the NFL board, but he is a far better poster than anything bruschi has resembled. Running off quality posters just because they happen to root for another team when they are making quality posts on our board is not acceptable IMO.

I have handled actual trolling from other fans, and have done so as quickly as was reasonable. But if you're going to try to harass fans of other teams I'm not having that. I don't have absolute control (no ban powers, for instance), but I will do what I can to make this board as welcoming as possible to anyone attempting to contribute. Anyone trying to detract from that is a problem, and I will do what I can to handle that behavior.

You make an important point here: When you specify "trolling from other fans" I think SportsHoopla has done a good job (in my experience) in managing trolls. If the trolls are fans and not serial posters like american champ, let them troll. I enjoy going to other boards like Denver's. I enjoy irritating rivals but you should no that it should be football talk and stimulating.

Disagreement from a donkey homey like Dumler is always welcome - by me anyways. Bruschi is always entertaining. Not sure how he would "run off" Dumler.....Did he strike him around or about the buttocks?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legitimate football talk isn't trolling. It's if someone comes on spouting repetitive obnoxious bullshit or harassing people that there is an issue. Disagreeing isn't trolling. It's disagreeing.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make an important point here: When you specify "trolling from other fans" I think SportsHoopla has done a good job (in my experience) in managing trolls. If the trolls are fans and not serial posters like american champ, let them troll. I enjoy going to other boards like Denver's. I enjoy irritating rivals but you should no that it should be football talk and stimulating.

Disagreement from a donkey homey like Dumler is always welcome - by me anyways. Bruschi is always entertaining. Not sure how he would "run off" Dumler.....Did he strike him around or about the buttocks?

LOL.

According to the "moderator", I said something. He left.

Southie - that is the 10 for 10 post of the week.

:10:

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legitimate football talk isn't trolling. It's if someone comes on spouting repetitive obnoxious bullshit or harassing people that there is an issue. Disagreeing isn't trolling. It's disagreeing.

JDM - "legitimate football talk" is something that you clearly have not grasped as noted by your comments about college football and more importantly the players in college who tend to try to get to the NFL.

:yahoo:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football is a joke. Until they have a championship it will remain a joke. After that, maybe it's watchable.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football is a joke. Until they have a championship it will remain a joke. After that, maybe it's watchable.

Yep - you are right and everyone that follows college football so that we can observe who the next crop of potential New England Patriots could be are wrong.

:laugh3: