• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who wins? #2 Oklahoma vs. #3 Georgia

Who wins?

• Total voters

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think you'll still score pretty easy overall. Saw it with Clemson and Alabama last 2 years. Great defenses, but when an offense is executing there isn't much you can do about it anymore.

Exactly. You just gotta hope for a couple turnovers. Baker takes really good care of the football though.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In FEI, TCU had the #13 defense and #41 offense coming into this weekend, don't have an updated stat yet from this weekend.

Believe it or not, the computers do not really care for Oklahoma.
Computers are fucking stupid.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this game was played the following week, Georgias defense would have been under heavy duress against this vaunted Oklahoma offense. With 4 weeks to prepare, that helps Kirby and Dawgs coaching staff to prepare for the Heisman winning qb and that offense. If Georgia wants a gameplan, watch the Clemson defense vs Oklahoma offense game from 2years ago, yes Oklahoma is a much better team, but Georgias defense is full of upperclass seniors and juniors so that even things out as far as experience. Georgia has a chance if they can execute the way Clemson did against Oklahoma.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be somewhat of a shootout. Georgia's pass defense has lapses in coverage quite a bit and I'm not sure Oklahoma is built to stop the power run game.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kdzw08x.jpg

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fromm is a lot better than he gets credit for, but I expect our run game to have plenty of success.
And Mayfield hasn't faced a defense like Georgia's this year. Ohio State's is the closest comparison, and although he still got in the 30's that game (31 I believe), that is definitely a reasonable point total for Georgia to reach. And with Georgia's running game and eating more clock there should be less possessions to go around for Oklahoma, which would automatically make it harder to score. All that being said, I still expect it to be a close game and all though I lean toward thinking Georgia will win, I would not be surprised at all to see an Oklahoma win. As a Georgia fan I think I would've rather played Clemson, haha. And that's a big compliment to the Sooners.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this game was played the following week, Georgias defense would have been under heavy duress against this vaunted Oklahoma offense. With 4 weeks to prepare, that helps Kirby and Dawgs coaching staff to prepare for the Heisman winning qb and that offense. If Georgia wants a gameplan, watch the Clemson defense vs Oklahoma offense game from 2years ago, yes Oklahoma is a much better team, but Georgias defense is full of upperclass seniors and juniors so that even things out as far as experience. Georgia has a chance if they can execute the way Clemson did against Oklahoma.

That game came down to us being overmatched along the offensive line by their defensive line. Not gonna happen this year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be somewhat of a shootout. Georgia's pass defense has lapses in coverage quite a bit and I'm not sure Oklahoma is built to stop the power run game.

We’re not. That’s why I think we load up on the run and try to force Fromm to beat us. Where this gets interesting is if Oklahoma jumps out early and Georgia has to Chase the tame.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Mayfield hasn't faced a defense like Georgia's this year. Ohio State's is the closest comparison, and although he still got in the 30's that game (31 I believe), that is definitely a reasonable point total for Georgia to reach. And with Georgia's running game and eating more clock there should be less possessions to go around for Oklahoma, which would automatically make it harder to score. All that being said, I still expect it to be a close game and all though I lean toward thinking Georgia will win, I would not be surprised at all to see an Oklahoma win. As a Georgia fan I think I would've rather played Clemson, haha. And that's a big compliment to the Sooners.

People been saying this shit before he beat Auburn, Ohio stare, and TCU. If our offense doesn’t shoot ourselves in the foot the entire first half then we put over 40 points on the board against Ohio State. TCU had a top 5 defense before Oklahoma got hold of them. Oklahoma is going to out 30 points on the board at least. That’s the bottom line. Like I said, this game really comes down to whether Oklahoma jumps out early and Georgia has to Chase or whether Georgia is able to control clock and keep mayfield on the sideline. The biggest thing Georgia can’t do is turn the ball over.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re not. That’s why I think we load up on the run and try to force Fromm to beat us. Where this gets interesting is if Oklahoma jumps out early and Georgia has to Chase the tame.
We kind of need to win the turnover battle to keep Oklahoma from running away with it too. The key for Oklahoma stopping Fromm is simply getting enough pressure. If you watched the first Auburn game we were getting destroyed at the line of scrimmage on practically every down. Fromm couldn't even get a read in before he was getting hit a lot of the time. Fromm may not be better than Baker Mayfield but if you give him enough time he will make you pay. On offense, if Oklahoma is smart they would make sure they include RB wheel routes in the offense against us. We have gotten burned pretty badly on those this year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We kind of need to win the turnover battle to keep Oklahoma from running away with it too. The key for Oklahoma stopping Fromm is simply getting enough pressure. If you watched the first Auburn game we were getting destroyed at the line of scrimmage on practically every down. Fromm couldn't even get a read in before he was getting hit a lot of the time. Fromm may not be better than Baker Mayfield but if you give him enough time he will make you pay. On offense, if Oklahoma is smart they would make sure they include RB wheel routes in the offense against us. We have gotten burned pretty badly on those this year.

I noticed that and Fromm does seem to struggle if you take away his first read and I think that will be key for our defense along with getting pressure. I think our edge rushers will be a task for Smart to account for. We will have to cheat a bit to slow down your run and that’s where Fromm will have an opportunity to take advantage if he can do it.

The running backs in the passing game is an area I think we can do some damage as well. Every one of our backs can do damage in the passing game. It’s just so much to account for.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People been saying this shit before he beat Auburn, Ohio stare, and TCU. If our offense doesn’t shoot ourselves in the foot the entire first half then we put over 40 points on the board against Ohio State. TCU had a top 5 defense before Oklahoma got hold of them. Oklahoma is going to out 30 points on the board at least. That’s the bottom line. Like I said, this game really comes down to whether Oklahoma jumps out early and Georgia has to Chase or whether Georgia is able to control clock and keep mayfield on the sideline. The biggest thing Georgia can’t do is turn the ball over.
I completely agree with this part. If I'm the coaches and I win the coin toss I want to receive to try to start my own pace, whereas most of the time I'd want the ball first in the second half instead. Georgia will have a really hard time catching up against them if they get down two scores in a hurry.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree with this part. If I'm the coaches and I win the coin toss I want to receive to try to start my own pace, whereas most of the time I'd want the ball first in the second half instead. Georgia will have a really hard time catching up against them if they get down two scores in a hurry.

Yeah, that’s probably a good idea. On the other hand, I can see Oklahoma wanting the ball first to try to put Georgia in a hole early too.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that’s probably a good idea. On the other hand, I can see Oklahoma wanting the ball first to try to put Georgia in a hole early too.
Exactly. I'm excited though, it should be a good game. Kinda cool to be in the Rose Bowl too, since as an SEC team we never have a chance to play there.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I'm excited though, it should be a good game. Kinda cool to be in the Rose Bowl too, since as an SEC team we never have a chance to play there.

We’ve only played there once when we whooped up on Washington state.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how Stupid Mike Stoops calls this game.

If he runs a 4 man front with a LB or 2, we get beat. I won't be surprised if he does this. He is a Dumb Fuck.

If we run a true 4 man front, with Dlineman, we should win. Lampkin, Galimore, Romar, Famatau, Ward, Overton, Mann and Bledsoe with OBO, playing a hybrid LB/DE. Galimore, Lampkin, Bledsoe and Ward, need to have big game.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how Stupid Mike Stoops calls this game.

If he runs a 4 man front with a LB or 2, we get beat. I won't be surprised if he does this. He is a Dumb Fuck.

If we run a true 4 man front, with Dlineman, we should win. Lampkin, Galimore, Romar, Famatau, Ward, Overton, Mann and Bledsoe with OBO, playing a hybrid LB/DE. Galimore, Lampkin, Bledsoe and Ward, need to have big game.

Mike actually tends to do better against these style of offenses. It’s the big12 offenses that give him nightmares. Whether we have the horses at linebacker might be a different story.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging by the no kind of descent offense in the SEC and lack of a competent QB's I just see that it's easy to claim that that SEC has powerhouse defenses.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a good game either way.

Both are new head coaches but, they have both seen the high pressure games as an OC or DC. Like the Sugar Bowl last year (with Auburn) I expect that Georgia will have some early success at defense. They better take advantage of that on offense. By the second quarter Riley/Mayfield will have figured out tendancies, weaknesses and match ups of and against the Georgia defense. Top it off with Anderson and Sermon pounding the rock all this time and the Touchdown machine will start rolling. Auburn's offense had a lot of moving parts but, Oklahoma's has more and Mayfield (playing Riley's system for three years now) is better at it than Stidham was with Auburn. I think the real suprise to Georgia's defense and DBs is going to be the speed they will encounter. Hard to practice that.

With that said, Oklahoma has a very young linebacking corps particularly in the middle and if I was Kirby Smart, I would pound that rock right up the middle and make Oklahoma load the box, then I would bounce it outside on runs and screens because Oklahoma has bad open field tackling (with the exception of Motley).

Either way going to be a good game. Boomer Sooner.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joja eats up the clock running the ball and wins by 10. Book it, bitches!