• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will this QB class fall in great QB classes?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1983 crop was pretty good, with three HOFers (bolded) included in that bunch. Here's the order in which they were taken and in () the spot within that 1st round. There were only 28 teams in the league at that time.

1. (1) John Elway
2. (7) Todd Blackledge
3. (14) Jim Kelly
4. (15) Tony Eason
5. (24) Ken O'Brien
6. (27) Dan Marino

The draft class that year overall was solid, with 7 HOFers emerging from those initial 28 picks.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2021 and 2022 draft classes look like they are going down as historically awful. Out of those draft classes, only one from each is a starter now, Lawrence from 21 and Purdy from 22. All of the others look like massive busts. 22 was thought of as terrible, but people thought 21 was strong - I think the Covid craziness threw everything off.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2021 and 2022 draft classes look like they are going down as historically awful. Out of those draft classes, only one from each is a starter now, Lawrence from 21 and Purdy from 22. All of the others look like massive busts. 22 was thought of as terrible, but people thought 21 was strong - I think the Covid craziness threw everything off.
Covid I think was a factor for Zach Wilson. His level of competition was abysmal in college so he looked way better than he actually was.

21 probably isnt that different from 11. Big college star going #1 overall (Cam Newton) and then three teams set their draft pick on fire by picking Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder ridiculously high for no reason. 11 was deeper than 21, though.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb Williams is Zach Wilson 2.0... he's just black so let's make him a 1st overall because race and politics in the 21st century. Williams will 100% bust in the NFL unless surrounded by a team that could sleep their way to a Super Bowl anyway. And then Jayden Daniels. lmao, Fields 2.0. Maye is the only QB that will have success in this draft. McCarthy also has a shot but sadly a team like the Vikings will expect him to start day 1 (which he shouldn't be, he needs to sit) and then ruin him. If McCarthy went to a stable team with a lot of weapons he'd probably be the most successful.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb Williams is Zach Wilson 2.0... he's just black so let's make him a 1st overall because race and politics in the 21st century. Williams will 100% bust in the NFL unless surrounded by a team that could sleep their way to a Super Bowl anyway. And then Jayden Daniels. lmao, Fields 2.0. Maye is the only QB that will have success in this draft. McCarthy also has a shot but sadly a team like the Vikings will expect him to start day 1 (which he shouldn't be, he needs to sit) and then ruin him. If McCarthy went to a stable team with a lot of weapons he'd probably be the most successful.
Tell Me You dont follow recruiting or college football with telling me you dont follow recruiting or college football

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me this is a joke post. Because if it’s serious, you clearly don’t follow college football, and the fact that you think a team would base their #1 overall draft pick on race and politics is absurd. Williams is the best QB in this draft class IMO and he was a dynamic college player for 3 years. And JJ McCarthy having the best shot at being a star QB from this years class? That’s fucking hilarious, he’s got “career backup“ written all over him. I would rather have Michael Penix or Bo Nix than McCarthy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell Me You dont follow recruiting or college football with telling me you dont follow recruiting or college football

I definitely follow recruiting and college football, but usually not during the college season. End of day I'm an expert of college football.

I'll take that now winner and/or like now, steelers... AND an apology. :nod:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me this is a joke post. Because if it’s serious, you clearly don’t follow college football, and the fact that you think a team would base their #1 overall draft pick on race and politics is absurd. Williams is the best QB in this draft class IMO and he was a dynamic college player for 3 years. And JJ McCarthy having the best shot at being a star QB from this years class? That’s fucking hilarious, he’s got “career backup“ written all over him. I would rather have Michael Penix or Bo Nix than McCarthy.

lol, obviously the race comment was a bunch of bullshit and my poor attempt to troll. McCarthy being the best is not really what I said. IF he went to a GOOD team and sat for a year given he's coming from a pro style offense he probably has the best shot... BUT, he wont... some crappy team will take him (Vikings) and start him day 1 and he'll become a colossal bust - Christian Ponder 2.0.

I can easily see Nix having the best rookie season (especially if Denver drafts him) and I can also see Penix doing very well if he can sit for a year and stay healthy. I think Daniels/Williams/Maye will all bust or be mediocre career guys.

On that last sentence, just a hunch.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, obviously the race comment was a bunch of bullshit and my poor attempt to troll. McCarthy being the best is not really what I said. IF he went to a GOOD team and sat for a year given he's coming from a pro style offense he probably has the best shot... BUT, he wont... some crappy team will take him (Vikings) and start him day 1 and he'll become a colossal bust - Christian Ponder 2.0.

I can easily see Nix having the best rookie season (especially if Denver drafts him) and I can also see Penix doing very well if he can sit for a year and stay healthy. I think Daniels/Williams/Maye will all bust or be mediocre career guys.

Nix is a backup.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How are the Vikings a crappy team finishing just 2 games behind the Seahawks with 3 different backup QBs for the last 9 games of the season?

The problem with the Vikings is they have never been crappy enough to draft a franchise QB. They are always good, average or below average at worst.

And Christian Ponder was a mistake by Rick Spielman, a truly crappy GM when it came to evaluating QBs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the Vikings a crappy team finishing just 2 games behind the Seahawks with 3 different backup QBs for the last 9 games of the season?

The problem with the Vikings is they have never been crappy enough to draft a franchise QB. They are always good, average or below average at worst.

And Christian Ponder was a mistake by Rick Spielman, a truly crappy GM when it came to evaluating QBs.

If you guys move up to #4 and draft McCarthy (or #5), the franchise is retarded. I'm just saying it now. Enjoy your quarterback.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1983 crop was pretty good, with three HOFers (bolded) included in that bunch. Here's the order in which they were taken and in () the spot within that 1st round. There were only 28 teams in the league at that time.

1. (1) John Elway
2. (7) Todd Blackledge
3. (14) Jim Kelly
4. (15) Tony Eason
5. (24) Ken O'Brien
6. (27) Dan Marino

The draft class that year overall was solid, with 7 HOFers emerging from those initial 28 picks.
Pretty good lol

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we will see where these kids land in a month and a whole lot will depend on those landing spots. Good coaches and organizations will make them and bad ones will break them. I won't be surprised to see 6 of them gone in the top 15. Maybe that doesn't happen but it shouldn't come as a surprise if it does. Williams is the obvious #1 and is really going to a good spot to succeed. The Bears have built a solid roster and have weapons to work with and that 9 pick in their pocket for an edge rusher or Bowers or whatever they like. Double drafting in the top 10 is a big advantage. After that, Wash, NE, Minny, Denver all need QBs Can't see any of them passing up drafting one but obviously, someone could change their mind. Won't be surprised if the Jets or Giants sneak in and grab a QB, especially the Jets.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited for this draft class because of this. Lots of highly graded defensive players are going to slide.

Good point, and agreed. If Seattle has Turner or Latu sitting at 16, pull the fuckin' trigger!

Almost a certainty that 4-5 QBs and 3 WRs are going top 15... for anyone that doesn't need those, hell yah! Some good OL talent is gonna slide too.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually “poo poo” most QB’s in a draft class. I feel like this class is going to be different. I could see 3-4 QB’s in this class being long time starters in the NFL.

I probably just jinxed the whole class with that statement though. :nod: