• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 QB predictions?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What big shakeups do you see happening before the first game of the 2024 NFL season?

Here are some question marks I've heard recently at the QB position:

Tennessee - Tannehill
Minnesota - Cousins
Miami - Tua
Denver - Wilson
Chicago - Fields
Cleveland - Flacco
Cincinatti - Browning
Tampa Bay - Baker
Arizona - Murray

Feel free to add more!

Which ones do you think will move? Which ones will stay? If they are moved, where do you think they land?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What big shakeups do you see happening before the first game of the 2024 NFL season?

Tennessee - Tannehill
Minnesota - Cousins
Miami - Tua
Denver - Wilson
Chicago - Fields
Cleveland - Flacco
Cincinatti - Browning

Tampa Bay - Baker
Arizona - Murray

Feel free to add more!

Which ones do you think will move? Which ones will stay? If they are moved, where do you think they land?

I'm not sure why you added Cleveland and Cincy. Both QB's-Burrow and Watson have huge deals.

Donald Trump Lol GIF by Election 2020

Tua likely gets a long-term deal on the simple fact Miami doesn't have any other options. Tua is still only 25. No chance they move off him.

All the rest, who knows.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why you added Cleveland and Cincy. Both QB's-Burrow and Watson have huge deals.

Donald Trump Lol GIF by Election 2020

Tua likely gets a long-term deal on the simple fact Miami doesn't have any other options. Tua is still only 25. No chance they move off him.

All the rest, who knows.

Well they will be moving on, so I included them. I guess I could have just ignored them. I assumed they would be playing next year somewhere, maybe Flacco hangs it up again. :noidea:

As for Tua, this is what Miami is facing:

Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 1.20.42 PM.png

They have another year, but do they try to jump the gun to sign or even trade him?

Last edited:

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets have been kicking themselves for not having a backup like Flacco. He'll be in some demand this offseason, but I can't see a team handing him the starting job for opening day. However, I must say, I could see him landing in a QB-needy team with a coach like BB...like Atlanta.

IIRC, Browning is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent, so CIncy will sit on him unless some other team makes a significant offer. I think Browning stays put.

Tua stays put in Miami, but I don't think he gets an extension just yet.

I think Cousins resigns in Minny, but he looks long and hard at a team like Atlanta before resigning.

Murray stays put in AZ.

Baker happily resigns in Tampa and they're happy to have him. And just like most other teams that decide to keep Baker after a good stretch, Baker regresses.

Chicago keeps Fields for one offseason while their shiny new QB Caleb Williams sits for a year or so. THEN Fields is traded.

Where is Wilson going? Well, he's definitely out in Denver. My money says he could land in a place like Vegas or Tennessee.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami's F.O. plays the waiting game having picked up that 5th year option. They may even be thinking about a franchise tag at the end of that. I know Tua's camp will be pushing for a deal but there's no reason the dolphins need to do that in the next year.
I think Flacco is eating Cheetos and drinking beer on his couch again. That one is kinda obvious. Cleveland is stuck with Watson for the foreseeable future.
Browning just goes back to his role as back-up. That one honestly doesn't even need to be included on the list, tbh.
Cousins is hard to say, truth is, Minnesota may resign him but anybody's guess.
Murray not going anywhere. The Cardinals will draft in other areas of need and likely a top WR. I could easily see them getting Harrison Jr. with their pick.
Baker betted on himself and just might get a deal something like Geno Smith got. Maybe a tad higher AAV than Geno but he will be Tampa Bay's starting QB in September, I think.
The Donkey's brass is flapping their gums about Russ not going anywhere but this is a similar scenario to Vegas and Carr last year but with a higher price tag. If they can find some sucker to take Russ off their hands, more power to them but I expect him to get released at some point with whatever math saves them the most money. Than some desperate team can sign him without having to give up as much.
Duh Bears will move Fields to make way for Williams. Then again it's "Duh Bears" so who knows. Somehow they might fuck this gift up.
Tennessee will likely be all in on Levis next year to see if he's it. Tannehill will be a back-up somewhere. Maybe at Tennessee or maybe elsewhere.
Others.
Seattle has to get the HC hire right but will likely be trying to make a move in the draft to get one of the top QBs. Gonna be hard for them to do that though so Geno probably back at the helm for one more year.
Atlanta will also be trying to move up for a QB depending on who they hire at HC. Ridder has flashes but he ain't it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta see where the head coaches end up first

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Chicago keeping Fields if they draft Williams. It wouldn't make sense from a distraction standpoint and from a value standpoint. If they decide Fields is not the future, I think they will trade him for a draft pick(s). I imagine they could get a 3rd and 4th round pick for him (even tie the trade into how many snaps he takes next year that would determine how high of a draft pick they receive).

IMO, if Williams turns into a legit NFL QB, I don't think you want to be forever known as the GM that passed on him. So I see Williams being a Bear and Fields sent somewhere else.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, Browning is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent, so CIncy will sit on him unless some other team makes a significant offer. I think Browning stays put.
Yeah, you are correct. According to this, he can't go anywhere else:

Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 2.24.47 PM.png

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tennessee - Tannehill
Minnesota - Cousins
Miami - Tua
Denver - Wilson
Chicago - Fields
Cleveland - Flacco
Cincinatti - Browning
Tampa Bay - Baker
Arizona - Murray

Feel free to add more!

Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe for Mahomes and Kelce trade.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago keeps Fields for one offseason while their shiny new QB Caleb Williams sits for a year or so. THEN Fields is traded.

So you have Chicago picking up his 5th year option? We'll know soon enough (deadline is in March I believe).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Chicago keeping Fields if they draft Williams. It wouldn't make sense from a distraction standpoint and from a value standpoint. If they decide Fields is not the future, I think they will trade him for a draft pick(s). I imagine they could get a 3rd and 4th round pick for him (even tie the trade into how many snaps he takes next year that would determine how high of a draft pick they receive).

IMO, if Williams turns into a legit NFL QB, I don't think you want to be forever known as the GM that passed on him. So I see Williams being a Bear and Fields sent somewhere else.
Yeah, 95% chance Williams ends up in Chicago and that 5% is Williams wanting to be moved to Washington which IIRC is his hometown and Chicago would just take QB2 instead.

With Atlanta's coach being fired, I'm not even sure Fields has a market.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have Chicago picking up his 5th year option? We'll know soon enough (deadline is in March I believe).
Yes. The 5th year option will make it financially easier to trade him imo, although I don't believe Fields will have much of a market. I think moving on from Fields is the smart move for the bears--they should take Williams and be happy to do it. Honestly, I don't see Fields as a full time starter for anyone in a year or 2, so the best move is the get rid of him ASAP.

Still, something weird could happen and the Bears could decide to keep fields (i.e., make a mistake) and hire an OC like Roman--which I believe will be a bid by the GM to keep his job for as long as possible regardless of the team's success.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree 100%. Assuming the Bears intend to take Williams with the first pick, and this belief grows almost exponentially by the day, it's pretty obvious they'll trade Fields. In this day and age, 1st round picks hardly ever ride the pine for long, if at all. And when he's the very first pick, it's all but guanranteed he'll start from day one.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be shocked to see Wilson remain in Denver. The Broncos will cut him soon and take the massive hit for the next few years. Given their situation, it seems likely that they'll draft a QB at #12 and hope that they got the right guy on an affordable rookie contract.

Teams won't trade for Wilson, since Denver will be essentially be paying him in 2024. They'll just wait for the inevitable cut.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised there's no talk about the Steelers QB situation
That's a good point. They benched Pickett and made the playoffs with Rudolph. The Steelers would be wise to bring some real competition for Pickett and see who wins.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised there's no talk about the Steelers QB situation
Honestly, I was going to say something about Pittsburgh but I've got nothing.They just don't do what most teams do in that situation. Likely wouldn't go after a big FA like Cousins and the draft position isn't good enough but I don't think Pickett is the long term answer there and they have a young star at WR. It's just weird to me.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I was going to say something about Pittsburgh but I've got nothing.They just don't do what most teams do in that situation. Likely wouldn't go after a big FA like Cousins and the draft position isn't good enough but I don't think Pickett is the long term answer there and they have a young star at WR. It's just weird to me.
They might be better of trying to go after a "rehab" vet like Mayfield or Jimmy G.