• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 QB predictions?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm drawing a blank with any predictions on what Pittsburgh does at QB next year.

Mitch Trubisky is gone. Too expensive and he is just bad all around.

Mason Rudolph is a FA. Are they gonna pay him? Does he want to be here? Would that be a good move? I don't know the answer to any of that.

Tiny Hands Pickett has a few years left, but he's certainly on the wrong side of the bubble right now. Would help to get him a half-decent OC to play under. But he might be ruined already.

Draft, yeah they are picking too late to get any immediate help. So that leaves FA.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think they stick with Pickett one more year with another vet to compete

Shame Dwayne Haskins died- might have had a shot

raoul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Wilson going? Well, he's definitely out in Denver. My money says he could land in a place like Vegas or Tennessee.
Yeah...I was thinking Wilson might be a good fit for the Titans. He could also end up in Arizona, Atlanta, Carolina, or even Cleveland.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I was thinking Wilson might be a good fit for the Titans. He could also end up in Arizona, Atlanta, Carolina, or even Cleveland.
You could be right in Atlanta, but I disagree with the rest. Wilson will demand to be a starter, and Carolina's owner will insist that Young be given the QB job again. No chance he ends up in Cleveland. They've still got Hopkins tied around their neck financially. And Gannon has already said that they're sticking with Murray in Arizona.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland would be an interesting thought. Are you thinking that the Broncos and Browns would trade QB's?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. The 5th year option will make it financially easier to trade him imo, although I don't believe Fields will have much of a market. I think moving on from Fields is the smart move for the bears--they should take Williams and be happy to do it. Honestly, I don't see Fields as a full time starter for anyone in a year or 2, so the best move is the get rid of him ASAP.

Still, something weird could happen and the Bears could decide to keep fields (i.e., make a mistake) and hire an OC like Roman--which I believe will be a bid by the GM to keep his job for as long as possible regardless of the team's success.
With a 1 year $3.233M total fully guaranteed contract Fields has positive trade value.
With a 2 year $25.211M total fully guaranteed contract Fields has negative trade value.
You don't give someone you don't want starting for you a $22M extension.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine anyone trading for that Watson contract
If you believed Watson to be the Man.
the contract for the new team would be fine
46 mil a year for 3 years. QB contracts right now. that is more than reasonable.

My problem is I dont think Watson is the man & would stay away from him for that reason. Not the contract reason.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the Wilson contract!
I don't think Wilson is worth $40M+ over 2 seasons fully guaranteed, but 1 of the 9 or so GMs without a starting QB might. The Broncos have already indicated they're willing to dump up to $39M of the potential $76M 2 year package.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a 1 year $3.233M total fully guaranteed contract Fields has positive trade value.
With a 2 year $25.211M total fully guaranteed contract Fields has negative trade value.
You don't give someone you don't want starting for you a $22M extension.
Yeah, nobody in their right mind will want to pay Fields 25 mil to be at best, a spot starter/ back-up. He will never be a bonafide starter in this league, imo. He's just not able to process the game well enough to play in this league.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wilson is worth $40M+ over 2 seasons fully guaranteed, but 1 of the 9 or so GMs without a starting QB might. The Broncos have already indicated they're willing to dump up to $39M of the potential $76M 2 year package.
I think someone would buy that lottery ticket if they could get him for around that price without giving up much if any draft capital.