• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank this QB class

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean in hindsight 2004 was pretty amazing. Multiple SBOWLS by Roth/Manning, and Rivers really should've gotten one... Chargers just couldn't put a good team on him, but he was still a great QB.

I think this years QB class is deep, but a little overrated. I don't get the Daniels hype, I get Jayden is a good scrambler but this feels like Justin Fields all over again. Maye meh. Nix like Williams is a backyard footballer.... McCarthy seems like Ponder 2.0.. I get he was in a pro style offense, but he wasn't asked to do much. If I was going to take a QB I'd probably go McCarthy... but in the 3rd round... not top 5 overall lol.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my part, I can really only look at it in terms of what teams thought about the players going into the draft because we have no idea what becomes of this class in the NFL. It looks there could be 6 QBs taken in round 1, which has only happened one time in the modern era -- 1983. Michael Penix is probably the 5th QB off the board in this class? I looked at the last 10 drafts, and I think he would have been the first QB taken in at least 4 of them, maybe 5. Another thing you could look at is how many come right off the top before any other position gets drafted. All of the 1st 4 picks in this draft could be QBs, depending on how Minn plays their hand. The current most consecutive picks at QB to start the draft is 1999 with Tim Couch, McNabb, and Akili Smith.

At least in terms of how many get picked and how early, this crop of QBs is likely to be a historically significant group.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really won,t know how good any of them are until after they play a year in the league.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my part, I can really only look at it in terms of what teams thought about the players going into the draft because we have no idea what becomes of this class in the NFL. It looks there could be 6 QBs taken in round 1, which has only happened one time in the modern era -- 1983. Michael Penix is probably the 5th QB off the board in this class? I looked at the last 10 drafts, and I think he would have been the first QB taken in at least 4 of them, maybe 5. Another thing you could look at is how many come right off the top before any other position gets drafted. All of the 1st 4 picks in this draft could be QBs, depending on how Minn plays their hand. The current most consecutive picks at QB to start the draft is 1999 with Tim Couch, McNabb, and Akili Smith.

At least in terms of how many get picked and how early, this crop of QBs is likely to be a historically significant group.

Penix could possibly be the best QB, he just needs foot and pocket work. Williams is a little bitch and only did relevant things against horrible competition (he sucked against any ranked team). Daniels is Fields 2.0 - him and Williams hold onto the ball for a decade. McCarthy is pro ready but needs to sit a year and bulk up..

Maye is the only QB in this draft that I'd be taking if I was drafting top 3. Vikings trading up for McCarthy to #4 is a hilarious concept for me and I'll immediately grade that an F (because they'll ask him to start day 1). Nix is a backyard footballer which only goes so far...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually takes 2 to 3yrs to gage if they have it or not. Normally first year will have rookie mistakes.
I agree and sometimes even that 4th year to really know for sure. Hell, look at Trevor Lawrence. His rookie season is a total write-off due to the Urban Meyer fiasco so year 2 under Pederson was essentially his first real one and then last year totally went south as he played through injury. He was considered a can't miss and by a lot of accounts is still considered that but his first 3 years are eerily similar to Baker Mayfield. He needs a huge season or he might go down in history as a total bust.